EY Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.7

374 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Average Interview, everyone was really nice. First interview on campus. Then I was invited for a second round. The whole process took around 1-2months. It was longer for me since its for advisory program in New York. Other division are generally quicker.

Interview Questions

• Q: Run me through your resume.
    Q: Why EY?
    Q: What do you know about the position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA).

Interview

1st round was a phone interview that included a behavioral fit portion and showing what you know about the company. The 2nd round was an in person interview in the office. There are other prospective candidates you have the chance to interact with. During the 2nd round interview, there are multiple one-on-one rounds. Depending on the division there will also be a technical component, case study, or writing segment.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA).

Interview

My hiring process began by a phone interview, and physically took place in a career forum. I was interviewed by a senior and another employee from a different department to access my communication skill. Later, I was brought to meet with the partner and 2 managers.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

First was a simple submission of Resume and Transcript. Second was a 30 minute telephone interview with basic behavioral questions. Walk through the resume (Tell me about yourself) and more questions as felt out by the interviewer. Largely conversational, interviewer gets a feel for you and decides which direction to take questions. Somewhat Unstructured. Last was a Super day. The Super day consisted of 2 Behavioral interviews and one Case. Case was a long packet with 15 minutes to read and decide on approaches. 20-25 minutes to then discuss the case with the interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through college/university recruiting. First round interview was a 30 minute on-campus interview. It was very relaxed and conversational. I also had to complete an online writing sample. A week later, I received an invitation to second round interviews at the New York office. Second round interviews included 1 case interview and 2 behavioral interviews. The behavioral interviews were very conversational and I enjoyed getting to know my interviewers. I received a call from the recruiter 2 weeks later with an offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. I had my first interview on campus which was an alumni of my University. The next step was choosing an interview time on the EY Super day. This super day consisted of two interviews, a tour and lunch with the associates that brought me on the tour. As we explored the building we also were led to our interviews. It was a smooth process and was very pleasant. In the morning we were led into a room with other interviewees and were able to meet a partner that spoke to us about the life in a big four accounting firm. She let us ask any questions and we then went on the tours.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were put into a group and needed to collaborate with people that weren't interested in collaboration?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were very good experiences if you are going through university recruiting. The interviews were very conversational and there was one case study that was essentially a conversation about a scenario you read on a paper a few mins before. I ended up with an offer for a summer internship in the New York office.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to overcome team members being difficult?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

The interview process consisted of two rounds. First, I applied through their website and my on campus career services. Then, I was selected for a first round interview on campus, where I was asked behavioral questions and about my resume. Then, I flew into the NY Office (The city where I was going to intern at), and had two rounds: a behavioral, and a technical interview (because my major wasn't accounting/ finance and I was applying for the advisory rotation for Launch). Then, I passed both interviews, and was emailed an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself, and why you are interested in an accounting firm?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was good.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The first round interview.Basically go through your resume and you need to ask a lot of questions. The manager is very nice and what you should do is be sure to familiar with your resume and just be honest and be yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Standard 2 rounds. 1 on campus, 1 in the office. Include case. They also bring you to lunch, as part of the interview process. Be careful on what to order at lunch, don't order something that's too messy or hard to eat. Careful in what you say and how you interact with the professionals.