EY Intern Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

2.9

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed on a Friday on campus and received a call the following Thursday that I got super day. Went to super day a week later on Friday. Got a call that Tuesday that I received the position. Deadline to respond was in 2 weeks. Got it extended to 4 weeks and eventually decided to accept the offer last minute.

Interview Questions

• The case study was about 2 different banks, one online and the other retail, that were going to merge and how they can help eachother out given that the retail bank is going through some legal issues after the 2008 crisis. the online bank has no atms and the retail bank has no iphone apps/proper website banking system. Only 30 minutes to read case study, take notes, and answer interviewer's questions. It was fairly easy since we had such a short time to talk and I spent 10/15 minutes reading the case study and another 5 discussing my resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for internship offer. got the offer a few days later and given 2 weeks to respond. got deadline extended to 4 weeks. pay was 5160 a month but it comes to 29.77/hr which is one of the highest I have heard for tech advisory. higher than deloitte tech and pwc tech.

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I interviewed on campus for the technology advisor program(TAP). The on campus interview was behavioral, with questions focusing on some past skills/experiences from my resume and about teamwork, as well as strengths and weaknesses. I was notified 2.5 weeks later that I had been accepted to the second round "Megaday" at the NYC office, which consists of 2 interviews and a case study. Most of the time spent in the interviews were spent by me asking questions to the interviewer. Make sure you have plenty prepared and show a genuine interest in EY and the program. The interviews questions focused mostly on the skills that I could bring to the table, as well as more behavioral questions. The case study was challenging(theoretical based, not mathematical), but they definitely help guide you through it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to trick you, everything was fairly straightforward.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

There were two rounds of interview. The First was on campus. The other was in office. It was all behavioral questions. They are looking to see if you will be a good fit for the company. They do not expect you to have any real accounting skills. They asked about some past experiences and times when you have worked in groups.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in group where you had an issue with one of the other group members?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial interview at school, second interview at office. Both interviews were 1:1 and were completely behavioral based. For this level, no accounting questions were asked. During the second interview we were given a tour of the office and taken to lunch. Almost everybody invited to a second interview gets an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a leadership position you once had?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

First an on campus interview, then an in the office superday with two interviews about two weeks later. Very relaxed setting and you get to meet a lot of people - both other applicants as well as employees of the firm. Received word of my offer about 5 days after the superday event.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Everyone was extremely friendly during the whole process. There was a dinner the night before, which was a lot of fun and offered great opportunities to meet people and learn about the company. The interviews where very straight-forward and casual.

Interview Questions

• The had an easy case about a credit card rewards program.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

This interview process was one of the best! I was applying for Discover EY and got an interview for an internship. I interviewed with a Senior Manager & a Partner. Be yourself and you will get an offer! Explain your resume with details and how it relates to you. Make sure to ask questions. EY is a people firm so they are looking for not only smart people but people who can hold a conversation. I got the offer a day later.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Selected for on campus interview. Interviewed with a Senior Manager. Week later received office interview. Office interview was with three Senior Managers consecutively. Received offer the next week. Keep it conversational. No technicals. The better you do, the quicker the process is.

Interview Questions

• Time you were a leader. Time you had to deal with a difficult group member. Time you failed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with an alumni from my university. The interview was very casual. The interviewer started off by explaining the program I was applying to, then asked me if I had any questions about the program and then asked mostly behavioral questions. Overall, very friendly conversations.

Interview Questions

• Leadership experience, team work experience, and dealing with stress.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my university job site, was emailed a few days later on a Friday inviting me to submit a video interview by Sunday at 5PM. They would flash a question on the screen for 30seconds and you had 3 minutes to respond with 10 tries at each question. Was contacted a week later to be invited for a face to face OCI.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   2 Answers
    • Time you had to work with a group member who took a different approach than you   Answer Question
    • One skill you have yet to talk about in this interview   Answer Question
    • A time you had to have a difficult conversation with a coworker   Answer Question