EY Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New Orleans, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university's career website and had an on campus interview within 2 weeks of applying. I was then invited to an office visit where I interviewed with 4/5 other staff.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work environment do you excel in and how will you help your team members excel?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Knoxville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds of interview.Behavioral and Case based.Behavioral was no surprise.Senior among the recruiting group takes this round generally.Case also was a simple one.I couldn't put my recommendation very well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Got through the first round on-campus interview. Was invited to EY New York office. Questions are not hard but my background is not solid enough. Pretty good experience except the result.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the resume.   Answer Question
    • Describe a martingale.   1 Answer
    • Suppose there are 100 players who will choose from the set of integers between 0 and 100. The winner is the one whose number is closest to the median of all the players. Suppose they are all clever enough. What number will you choose to win the game?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted transcripts and resume for review. Received an e-mail to setup a brief 30-minute phone interview. A fews later I received another e-mail with an invitation for an office interview which lasted about 4 1/2 hours. There were about 10 other intern candidates there as well. The office visit consisted of a networking breakfast, a brief presentation, two interviews with senior managers and lunch with a few associates and another intern candidate. I received the offered about 2 hours after the office interview via phone call. Overall it was a very easy and enjoyable process. I met a lot of cool 1st year associates who shared their experiences. Highly recommend EY to anyone that is a high performer and looking for an equally high performing company.

Interview Questions

• A lot of emphasis on group work. Traditional behavior and background questions
      Why EY?
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Tysons Corner, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

1st Round was with a Manager and conducted with behavioral based questions. The 2nd round I was brought to the Office that I selected. It was a rotational event that started at 9 am and ended at 4 pm. Aside from Interviewing with 2 Managers, there was a group Q&A with staff 1 & staff 2 associates in various divisions of the firm, and lunch with your tour guide who is a new hire in the position you are interviewing for. Majority of interview questions were behavioral based questions that pertained to my resume.

Interview Questions

• "What did __________ position entail?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Gainesville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I went to a career fair and met with EY representatives. There I learned more about what internship/program I was eligible for. After, I applied through my school's career website. I was then contacted by EY that I would be interviewed the following week. I then interviewed on campus and within the next few weeks I was contacted and told I received the internship.

Interview Questions

• What is one struggle you've come across in your lifetime. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Talk about an experience where you felt you had to make a decision on your own to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Smooth, easy going. We did a walkthrough of my resume to see if I was the right fit. Overall, the interview was mainly about my previous work experience. No case analysis etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think EY is the fit for you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a total of 3 individuals in a private conference room. The setting and level of questions were comfortable. The process has several steps I have only gone through the first two steps. The atmosphere seemed professional but fun and relaxed as well. For being downtown parking for the company is convenient.

Interview Questions

• What was it about a past boss I did not like?
      Explain experience gaps.
      How much I knew about the company as a whole?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

There are 2 rounds of interview. You should just be yourself and smile a lot. GPA does not matter as much as how much the interviewer likes you. Try to have conversation, rather than an interview. And do not be stiff!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through the campus recruiting. The 1st round interviewed was on campus. Two 30 mins interviews. One with a manager and one with a partner. I waited for 3 weeks to get the result.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? Give me a time when someone has a unreasonable requestion for you.   Answer Question