EY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,718 Interview Reviews

2.9

5,718 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Advisory Manager Interview

Interview

Submit an application online, HR phone screened within a week, didn't hear anything from her for a week, I sent her a follow up email, no response, tried another follow up email in week 2 after initial phone, she responded and scheduled a phone screen with inline manager, another week later, she told me that manager is on 2 week vacation, waited for 2 weeks, I was told on that phone interview day that manager is not available, but she got me another manager to talk at the same time.
    That conversation went well, but I didn't hear anything from HR for almost 2 weeks, sent another follow up email, HR told me to prepare to fly to NY office for on site (super Friday). 3 days before super Friday, she told me interviewers couldn't make it and moved me to the following Friday.

I fly to NY the night before after work around 7PM, flight was delayed and didn't take off until past 10PM, it happened that HR said me an email at 9:40PM that night before interview to notify me some schedule change and also notify me that 2 of 3 interviewers couldn't meet me on site. I was really tired as I arrived at the hotel around 1AM so I didn't even read that email.
    So I was in their NYC office way much earlier than my
    scheduled time, only realized about the last minute change.

Anyway, my greeter took me up regardless and dozing off in their office for sometimes before finally meeting with the only person, who happened to be the peer of the position. Then supposed to talk to 2 person over the phone and I cannot believe EY office phone is NOT working!!!!! (My interviewer helped me dial multiple times and he gave up on helpless phone) So I have to use my cell phone but reception was really bad in the super densed area like Time Square office :-(

After on site, again never hear anything from HR, send a follow up email, HR said don't know about the result, then never heard back on my 2nd follow up email.

I submit the expenses for reimbursement, and I was told i should get a prepaid Visa card within 18-21 business days, well, still waiting for that....

The whole interview process is just so messy, and it lasts 9+ weeks, and yet I still haven't get any results... I get it that consultant's world are less predictable and you have to be more flexible, but I don't think this justified their messy process, I don't feel being respected of my time during the process. And also, it makes me wonder that if EY's administration is in such a messy manner, why would Company paid hefty $$$ to hire their services??!! I am so disappointed!

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Overall process was really good. I like the recruiting team the most, they give response on time and they are helpful. There was two stage of interview, one was telephonic and other was in person. I interviewed at NYC office. I had to go through three interviewers. First two are good and seems to be interesting and it was good interview. But the last one was the guy whom I never want to see again in interview process. He is the senior manager of the company and had 25 years of experience. He seems to be arrogant and rude. Also while I was answering he keeps looking at phone. It feels so bad when you answering someone and other person is like I don't care. EY should really look into that because that can demotivate people to apply for the company.

PS: If you find out that Indians are going to take your interview, then I will suggest its better not to go for interview.

Interview Questions

• 1.Tell me about yourself?
      2. Why you want to work with EY?   Answer Question

Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed overall. I had a campus interview, a phone interview with a partner and then an office interview which comprised of a case study and lunch. I was worried about the case interview but it was very easy to pick out what the company was doing wrong and right. They give you an office tour and make you feel very comfortable. They just want to get to know who you are so be confident and be yourself and you will be fine!

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

The process took 5 interviews from phone to face to face. It took a little over 2 months from first interview to offer. Each interview was very comfortable and familiar. The interview path was from the location manager, to the Director of the group. Each interview took an average of 45 mins. This was a new group that EY had developed and needed staff to promote its services to eligible staff.

Interview Questions

• The main questions for the job I interviewed for surrounded entrepreneurial traits. How comfortable was I in obtaining new business? Was I comfortable in selling new services?   1 Answer

ELP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Two on-campus interviews (case study and behavioral) and one office interview. The behavioral interview was very friendly and left half the time just to ask the interviewer questions about EY.

Interview Questions

• Why EY?   Answer Question
    • Time you worked in a group and things didn't go well, what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • Case interview was a 4 page documents describing a company with a lot of inefficiencies / risks and I was asked to identify the type of risk and how to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Got paired with an EY employee. She showed me around the office in NYC. Was nice. Presentation. Then 2 interviews. First interviewer seemed like she had no time for me, was pretty nervous. Second was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Time when team member made mistakes and how did you fix it   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Case and personality interview, same generic stuff as all the mid-tier companies, its all really accountants trying to be consultants. Lots of over formality in the process and they try to act like they are a top 3 consulting firm, but then quickly admit they are a mid tier.

Interview Questions

• Why Do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Once the application is in their system- for campus hires, EY employees visit Campus and talk about their jobs, then you are pre-screened for an interview process based on your initial conversations (informal) and asked to schedule a time for on campus interviews. If you pass, you are invited to a social event, followed by an office visit, which is where they make the offer.

Technology Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process was intense but the actual interviews were more conversations that interviews. By the second round there is personal behavioral, case, and more service line based behavioral interviews which are a bit more intense but still great experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone call with a recruiter, a behavioral phone call with someone who's worked a year or two in the field you're interested in, and a two-day "Megaday" with two behavioral interviews followed by a case interview (the only one you'll have in the entire process).

All interviewers are extremely welcoming and kind, they all want to meet the new talent. I was at a meeting during my internship and heard they're considering adding a fourth component to the Megaday, which involves a group setting to allow candidates to ask more questions about the different domains in the National Advisory Program.

EY leadership really wants candidates to understand the areas for growth and areas that EY National Advisory offers, and you can tell that from the way they conduct their interview process. I would recommend emphasizing that you're drawn to their work culture and learning opportunities as it is something they find very important.

During the case interview, they collect everything you write during that time period whether it's on the info packet or the blank paper they give you. It also is coincidentally the same case they give Risk interviews with so you might be able to find a hint online beforehand (although that practice might change since I'm putting it out here on the web). The thing is, I would focus much more on the behavioral aspects of the whole interview than the case because I felt like that factored in most to mine.