EY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,420 Interview Reviews

2.9

6,420 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Risk Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Two Interviews - 30 minute behavioral and 30 minute case. The behavioral interview was traditional, most of the questions were basic and personality/experience oriented. The case portion was relatively simple - identifying red flags in an organization that was described.

Interview Questions

• Why EY? Why Advisory? What are the differences between Advisory and Consulting?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my university job site, was emailed a few days later on a Friday inviting me to submit a video interview by Sunday at 5PM. They would flash a question on the screen for 30seconds and you had 3 minutes to respond with 10 tries at each question. Was contacted a week later to be invited for a face to face OCI.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   3 Answers
    • Time you had to work with a group member who took a different approach than you   Answer Question
    • One skill you have yet to talk about in this interview   Answer Question
    • A time you had to have a difficult conversation with a coworker   Answer Question

FSO BAP Interview

Interview

Reached out to a recruiter and scheduled a phone screening. Lasted 30 minutes of basic fit questions and what my interests were in re: to financial services.

Set up a second 30 minute interview with the lead recruiter of the FSO BAP team, and very similar to the first fit interview over the phone.

Invited to New York office for super day, where there are three interviews. First was with a project manager, who walked through my resume and grilled on my interest in financial services. Second was a case with another manager; pretty straight-forward, interviewer led. Third was another manager fit interview, and again, walked through the resume and was asked the standard fit questions.

Was contacted two weeks later saying I was not offered the position. They didn't give any feedback, saying they're "not allowed". That was frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your interest in finance.   1 Answer
    • Is there anything not on your resume you think we should know about you?   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Two rounds. First taken by the head of the department which was followed by a written test in which basic questions on programming and SQL were asked. Next round was taken by a member of the technical staff and asked questions mostly related to my resume.

Interview Questions

• More of a conversation than an interview. The written test that followed asked basic programming questions: reversing a string, an SQL query, calculating price of a commodity after certain years based on a depreciation rate.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

On campus interview with EY. There is a pre-interview reception one day before the interview day. It's great to network with more EY professionals so I highly recommend going. Interviewer walked through my resume and asked many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• - How would you balance work and organization work?
      - Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Too bad they don't tell the salary immediately but wait until the last phase. For Zagreb it was 4400 HRK for an entry position.
    Easy interview process
    1) Logical testing
    2) Interview with HR
    3) Case study - pretty basic in my opinion
    4) Interview with Partner and Manager

Interview Questions

• analyze the integration plan of Russian minority in Estonia as a part of the case study   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

First had a phone screening, which probably lasted 30 minutes. After I passed this round I had to wait a few weeks to interview on "Super Day". This is where EY has a bunch of recent college grads come down and there is a big day of interviews. I went down to Jacksonville, FL for my interview. Interview process was 2 hours long, and was interviewed by 3 senior managers. There was a case study as well about Mergers and Acquisitions. 5 days after the interview they sent me an offer and I accepted, regretfully.

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I was given an initial on-campus interview, followed up by an office visit involving dinner at a Partner's house followed by a set of three interviews the next day. In discussion with my classmates it really does seem that what they are really looking for is people with whom they can spend time with comfortably.

Be the most personable, sociable version of yourself. Get to know the people you talk to, both at socials and at interviews. If you find someone uninteresting, it's your job to keep learning about them until you find something interesting.

Interview Questions

• Why choose EY?
      What is your work process?
      How do you stay organized?
      How do you like [city of office]?   Answer Question

Quantitative Advisory Services Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

I applied through university’s career portal in October and got phone screen request in the end of November. Then I interviewed at EY’s Tyson’s office on December 8. The final round interview consisted of three part with different interviewers. After two weeks, I didn’t get any feedback until I sent an email and I was rejected.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Very lengthy process, took weeks to get to the on-site interview stage. Positive experience with the recruiter and team. The assessment requires a bit of prep. The case interview was not too bad.