EY Advisory FSO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 26, 2017

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Risk Advisory Staff FSO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Tysons Corner, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

On school interview and super day--

On campus was more behavioiral, super day was meeting with the team that picked you as their candidate and you just talk to them about your resume for 45 minutes. Case study was very relaxed, she asked 4 questions about the case study and that was it.

FSO Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn followed by a short 10 min phone conversation around what the role was. About 2-3 weeks later received an email checking my availability for a particular date. Once we reached a mutually agreeable date, was scheduled to fly down to New York for interviews. Interview day was pretty casual. They made me feel comfortable and it was more conversational rather than a what you might typically expect out of an interview, mostly around my resume with a few product based experience related questions. A total of 5 interviews with 2 managers, a senior manager, an executive director, and a partner. I was made to sit in one room and the interviewers took turns to come in on a scheduled basis. Was contacted a week later and told that I will be extended an offer

Risk Advisory-FSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy and common from first to on site interviews. For the first round campus interview, the communication was very flexible and casual; I was interviewed by three staff for onsite, 2 directors and 1 HR. Except for those common questions, the problems from HR were a little bit tricky.

Interview Questions

• 1.Where will you stay if you have 1 million? 2.What's your five year plan, give a specific position? 3.other common behlviourals.   1 Answer

FSO Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview and then Super Day with six 30-minute interviews. Very negative experience - recruiters provided interviewers with incorrect resume and I never received any feedback despite promises to get in touch either way.

Interview Questions

• Insurance company case study   1 Answer

FSO Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

First round was over the phone. Asked a list of questions, highly conversational.

Second round consisted of one behavioral and one technical case study interview. The behavioral interview was asked off a list of questions, but relaxed, and very conversational.

The Case Study was not too difficult. Identify potential risks/solutions for a firm trying to add a non existing service line.

FSO Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

First round on-campus interview followed by office super day.

Super day included 4-5 behavioral interviews and a case study. Case study was discussion heavy and fairly straight forward...basically a back and forth conversation or financial and operational risks associated with a merger.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I was approached by a London based Placement / Staffing firm. They understood my interests and placed my profile with EY for the position of Senior. Initially they provided me the details on Manager and then reverted to Senior, the explanation was provided that EY will evaluate and then align my experience with the title. After couple of weeks, a phone interview (technical round) was setup with a Manager, she was generally polite and asked questions on my experience and the resume itself. The feedback was quick and I received a notification that a super day will be organized. But all of a sudden another round of phone interview was organized with the Head of recruitment after a week. The recruiter did not turn up and I wrote an email to the recruitment coordinater, she apologised and scheduled the same another day. The next day, the conversation started well and then the question came up starting as "I am not a technical person and can you in short tell me about yourself?" I was happy to provide a response but got abruptly interrupted, wondering if this was technology oriented role then the Recruiter is expected to appreciate the technological concept and inputs at the high level. Overall the interview went well and 2 weeks later a super day (13th March) was organized.

On the Superday I reached at 8.20 AM as the interview was scheduled to start at 8.30 AM. There were 3 rounds of interview scheduled, the first round was scheduled with the recruiter who had taken my phone interview. He turns up late at the reception (about 8.40 AM or so). He begins by providing his gyaan on why they would like to hire somebody at Senior level and when I prompted a question on bands and what is the difference between those bands in terms of expectations, he was not able to provide a proper answer. He skipped the answer saying that they do not know a clear difference. I also asked a question on the business model in terms of managed services or staff augmentation and he was arrogant in responding back that EY is a Tier 1 company and not a Tier 2 IT consulting firms. He also made an exaggerated suggestion that the visa transfer filing will take about 30 days or so.

The next scheduled interview was with the Partner, he was about 10 minutes late. This guy walks in and goes to the window in the office that I was sitting, peeks outside and then when he was finished, shakes hands with me and then starts providing overview of the Regulatory Transformation practice. I asked a question on the business model in terms of Regulatory transformation project bid and I did not get a clear response. He asked few questions and then took out his diary, asked some standard questions, wrote down notes and then he left without providing me a chance to ask questions.
    Next steps in a Senior (same level as my prospective title). She asks a standard question on 'Tell me about yourself', then she retorts back with further queries on 'What is my goal in 5 years time', I responded back that I would like to focus on client advisory role and build my domain expertise on OTC Derivatives and regulatory requirement. She comments that this sounds a good proposition but then why one would join a consulting firm and not a bank instead. I asked her some questions which included - What can you leverage from my CV in the current role. She responded back saying that she did not find anything interesting. That response was enough to put me off. I sensed an agenda of nit picking for sure. I kept quite and let her exit the room after few minutes. It was clear to me that this was not working out for me. If there was an issue with skillsets then this should have been filtered out at the phone interview stage and not during face to face interviews.

The last round was scheduled with a Manager, she comes and apologies as she was not carrying a CV copy, I provided a copy that I was carrying. She sounded upbeat as she discussed the training plans and answered my questions politely. Then she all of a sudden got up while I was speaking and I felt uncomfortable, I shook her hands and let her go. She commented she will ask the other partner to speak with me. That never happened. I called the Interview greeter and she confirmed that everything is done and the recruitment team will come back to me. This was a Friday and then I kept waiting for confirmation untill Wednesday - 18th Mar, I ultimately called the EY Recruiter and left a message, he did not return my call. I am yet to receive an official notification from EY but overall my experience with them has left a bad taste in my mouth. If this is how they treat you during the interview stage then this is a good indication of things to come. Overall, I am glad that this did not work out! nobody likes to work with people who do not respect you. I am certain that this is a case with few bad apples, EY is known for its culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Which project did you enjoy the most?
      Which project was challenging?   Answer Question

Advisory FSO Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Invited to interview off of the normal interview schedule after attending another EY event in the summer. Started with an office visit before networking time and then got to the interviews. The interviews included 2 personal interviews and 1 technical case interview. Interview process took the majority of one day.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to analyze whether a large national bank should merge with a regional brick and mortar bank, and had to use supplied data to present a solution. Pretty typical case interview question, had time to write down thoughts on paper before delving into answer. Not too difficult of a question.   Answer Question

FSO Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

On campus interview initially. If selected, they will bring you back for an on-site interview.

On-campus interview was looking over resume and behavioral questions.

On-site interview was two 45 minute behavioral-styled interviews, but they turned mostly into just conversation. The last part is the case study, which lasts 45 minutes as well. During this, they are looking for how you go about coming up with potential solutions to problems.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you had to work with a difficult member in a group.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

All very behavioural. First interview was at university, then got invited to interview in a major city office after completing a writing assessment. This consisted of two behavioural interviews and an additional "case" interview, which was very simple and not at all like any management consulting cases in terms of how it's given/structure/expected response. Got my offer about a week later - also was able to transfer to another office since I wanted to work for a different city than the position I applied for. Incredibly friendly employees, seems like they really want to invest in you.

Interview Questions

• Nothing terrible; know answers to all the hard behavioural questions.   1 Answer