EY Advisory Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.7

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Advisory Manager Interview

Interview

Submit an application online, HR phone screened within a week, didn't hear anything from her for a week, I sent her a follow up email, no response, tried another follow up email in week 2 after initial phone, she responded and scheduled a phone screen with inline manager, another week later, she told me that manager is on 2 week vacation, waited for 2 weeks, I was told on that phone interview day that manager is not available, but she got me another manager to talk at the same time.
    That conversation went well, but I didn't hear anything from HR for almost 2 weeks, sent another follow up email, HR told me to prepare to fly to NY office for on site (super Friday). 3 days before super Friday, she told me interviewers couldn't make it and moved me to the following Friday.

I fly to NY the night before after work around 7PM, flight was delayed and didn't take off until past 10PM, it happened that HR said me an email at 9:40PM that night before interview to notify me some schedule change and also notify me that 2 of 3 interviewers couldn't meet me on site. I was really tired as I arrived at the hotel around 1AM so I didn't even read that email.
    So I was in their NYC office way much earlier than my
    scheduled time, only realized about the last minute change.

Anyway, my greeter took me up regardless and dozing off in their office for sometimes before finally meeting with the only person, who happened to be the peer of the position. Then supposed to talk to 2 person over the phone and I cannot believe EY office phone is NOT working!!!!! (My interviewer helped me dial multiple times and he gave up on helpless phone) So I have to use my cell phone but reception was really bad in the super densed area like Time Square office :-(

After on site, again never hear anything from HR, send a follow up email, HR said don't know about the result, then never heard back on my 2nd follow up email.

I submit the expenses for reimbursement, and I was told i should get a prepaid Visa card within 18-21 business days, well, still waiting for that....

The whole interview process is just so messy, and it lasts 9+ weeks, and yet I still haven't get any results... I get it that consultant's world are less predictable and you have to be more flexible, but I don't think this justified their messy process, I don't feel being respected of my time during the process. And also, it makes me wonder that if EY's administration is in such a messy manner, why would Company paid hefty $$$ to hire their services??!! I am so disappointed!

Advisory Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Talked to lots of partners throughout the firm. Many of the interviews were conducted on the phone as lots of travel is happening at the partner level. Also, people are based out of lots of different offices around the firm. Everyone that I spoke with was very positive about the culture of the firm.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

It was great,,,they were well rounded in asking about your work experiences and personal hobbies. It was great,,,they were well rounded in asking about your work experiences and personal hobbies. It was great,,,they were well rounded in asking about your work experiences and personal hobbies. It was great,,,they were well rounded in asking about your work experiences and personal hobbies

Interview Questions

• Give me a 5 minute overview about your experience?   1 Answer

Financial Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, nothing out of ordinary was asked. Followed by in-person sessions which were (surprisingly) very brief and far from in-depth: 3 hours of interview (total) and that was apparently enough for the management to size me up.

You need to show that indefinite travelling is not an issue for you, and that you are comfortable presenting to potential clients at any level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was good, I got email from EY to set up first initial round of interview with recruiter. Once I cleared it then 30 mins phone interview with partner which was more or less on past work experience. Then I was flown to EY NYC for super day. I had three back to back interviews two with manager level and one with senior manager. Everything happened with me witithin one week, the only thing which I didn't like was on superday I was not so clear what they are actually looking for at manager leve.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I met with 5 senior leaders within the FSO Advisory practice. They all seemed very knowledgeable and nice. I did not get an offer as I did not have the specific technical experience they needed which I was up front about through out the interview process. It was a waste of time for me to meet with them and fly up to NY when they knew they needed this experience and I did not have it. Also after over 6 weeks I have yet to be reimbursed for my expenses which were well documented and supposedly accepted by EY.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more of a discussion about the direction of the practice and a high level conversation about my background and technical experience. There were no behavioral based interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

the recruiter and hiring a manager were open and honest about the interview process. My current salary was requested in the phone screen by the recruiter. I appreciated this since it kept us from wasting each other's time.

Interview Questions

• The interview was a phone interview with the hiring manager. He let me know he had a series of categories that he was obligated to fill out but that we would just have a conversation. The interview was candid and organic as we discussed IT trends and strategy. After the interview, the recruiter gave me feedback that it went well but wasn't the right fit for this role. He encouraged me to apply for other positions. Good process even though I didn't get the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process is extremely slow. Started off with a recruiter then the hiring manager (an Executive Director). My formal interview process was completely chaotic. Sr Managers, Partner didn't show up so they threw in random managers/sr managers to fill the spots. My Partner interview was scheduled 3x and each time he didn't make the call. I even flew to meet him and he didn't show. Ended up being a 5 min call with a another partner in a sister practice. To be honest, this has turned out to be fairly accurate of how the position actually turned out. Everyone is exceptionally overloaded and busy.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral interview questions and culture fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Behavior questions. Four round with about eight people from recruiter to partner. Technique questions will be with some managers and senior managers. The hotel they booked is very nearby and very comfortable and the recruiter is very thoughtful.

Interview Questions

• technique and behavior questions   1 Answer

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, after a month they set up a phone interview with a Sr Manager

After the phone screen I received an invite for the Super day interviews with 4 Sr Managers.

The process was pretty smooth and straightforward