EY Auditor Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Auditor Intern Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2016

2.9

Assurance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied through my school website, received a follow-up call less than a week after the application deadline, and had my first interview a couple days later. The first interview was mostly behavioral-based and revolved around teamwork experience. At the end of the interview, the recruiter said he wanted to bring me into the office for interviews, which was scheduled for a couple weeks later. I interviewed with a manger and a senior manager, who were both extremely friendly. These "interviews" were more like conversations and very comfortable. I think at that point, they were just trying to see if I'd be a good fit. Two days later, I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• I was never asked any technical questions, but as mentioned above, there were a lot of questions regarding teamwork. I had to pull from a few different experiences so I wasn't repeating myself.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Interview

Met with two people (both who arrived late as I was the first interview of the day), ended up spending about 5 minutes with one and 5 minutes with the other instead of a full interview. As it was, I had no time to really ask any questions nor really be asked any questions. Interviewers seemed to dismiss me before they even walked in the room (given how late they were). In short, I was not terribly impressed.

Interview Questions

• N/A - didn't really have a chance to get asked any questions.   Answer Question

Assurance Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through Campus recruitment process, received first round interview invitation about two weeks after. Went through a 45 min initial interview then about two weeks later got notified about the on-site final round interview. The questions asked during interview are all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• none really. Basically all questions are of behavioral type, which can be prepared beforehand.   Answer Question

Assurance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

On campus interview followed by office visit, behavioral questions, they are looking for the right personality fit versus right answers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible at intern and campus hire positions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Met with a recruiter and applied online. Found out there were openings and contacted the recruiter. I've just had a phone interview and just received an invitation for an in-house interview.

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

First round interview on campus. Then office visit- everyone was very friendly. Know your resume inside out, and lots of behavioral questions.

Assurance Summer Intern Interview

Interview

1. why do you want to apply for assurance?
    2. are you interested in accounting?
    3. what's your favorite class?
    4. what's the most difficult things did you meet during the past six months?
    5. Have you been involved into teamwork?

Assurance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Complete interview one-on-one interview on college campus. Once past first round, get invited for an Office Visit. The Office Visit consisted of a general presentation of the Company, 3 back-to-back interviews with a Manager, Senior Manager, and a Partner. Then a lunch with Assurance staff. Interviews consisted of primarily behavioral questions. Use the STAR technique.

Interview Questions

• Interview mostly behavioral questions. Most difficult was probably talking about a weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting in non-negotiable.

IT Risk Assurance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through university's career center and through company's website. Was invited to interview, and attended pre-interview dinner. Met with interviewer, other candidates, and former interns. Interview consisted mostly of case study, and behavioral questions. Interviewer said he was impressed, but I didn't get an offer. Overall a fairly pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Wrap your head around the entirety of the case study and you'll do fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed first on campus. Interview with Manager and a Senior Associate sat in on the conversation and "hosted" me during the on campus activities (pre-interview reception, waiting for the interview in the career services office). The on campus interview had a lot of behavioral questions, and the interviewer appeared to be filling out a form while I was answering.

Invited to the second round interview in the office. There were upwards of 100 candidates interviewing throughout the day, so it was a sort of unusual environment. Interviewed with one partner, who asked general resume review questions. He was really interested in what specific position I saw myself fitting in at EY.