EY IT Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager IT Transformation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New Brunswick, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one super day interview with 5 people.
    Overall good and interesting experience.
    Had to travel to NJ to meet with decision makers. Very professional and organized.
    Phone interviews were pretty easy.
    On site interview covered your work history, skill set and some creating problem solving.

Interview Questions

• If you need to build new data center now, how would you do that.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting agency for an opportunity with EY. They reviewed my profile, recommended some updates to the profile and forwarded my profile to EY recruiters.

I had one round of discussion on phone with a Sr Manager and then 3 - 30 min rounds in the NY office.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or unusual. General questions about RBAC implementation, question about my understanding of the industry. My views on where this industry is going.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, there was a negotiation phase and I was able to negotiate a slightly better offer.

IT Audit Manager Interview

Interview

OK - barely any interview - met with a couple senior managers and the partner. they just needed help so they would have taken anyone they could abuse.

IT Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Then I was called in for another round of interview at their office where I had an interview with the manager and senior manager. Waiting for reply

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the call
      of duty in order to get a job done.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had to motivate yourself to do
      something you did not want to do. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY in September 2007.

Interview

initial communication through agent, progressed to general phone interview and then detailed one on one interviews with several people on the same day.
     In general the questions were fair, technically mid range and the staff open to honestly answering questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I was invited for an interview related to an IT due diligence position. I was given a booklet describing an online streaming media acquisition (could have been Netflix like) and had 60 minutes to answer in writing to about 10 questions and write a letter to the client. I was left in a quite room to complete the assignment alone and teh two person panel appeared after 60 minutes. The time was just enough to complete the task. The case was depicting a quite obsolete technology company, as well as a situation that was at least relevant 10 years ago. The panel was not interested in discussing technological issues, but I felt that they rather expected a financial analysis of the case.

I was given the impression that EY consulting on these type of IT cases are not delving deep enough into technical or technological evaluations, and are not able to make suggestions into how to deal with technology or IT problems, but rather focus primarily on financial analysis.

Additionally, they explained that in Transactional Services they have small teams working frenetically on serial & very fast (2-3 weeks) projects that require long hours of work as well as a lot of travellng.

My overall impression also looking at the number of interviees present in the building is that these jobs are much more suited to young MBA graduates, rather than senior or technology expert who can solve IT problems or make sound technology analysis.

The overall impression of EY consulting services on IT due diligence was therefore quite poor or otherwise the panel was not expert enough in the field.

Would I have been offered a job in this context, I would have refused.

Interview Questions

• Evaluate the acquisition of a streaming media company by an Investment fund, from the IT, infrastructure and software, evaluating risks and benefits.   Answer Question

IT Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

1. HR - Telephone Interview - Provided briedf info about current position and assessed fit for the role.
    2. Senior Manager & Partner - Telephone Interview - Provide me with the overview of the role and quized me of challenges faced in IT Audits performed and how I tackled them.
    3. Partner - In person interview - This was a casual discussion over a coffee. I guess my personality was assessed.
    4. Senior Manager - In Person interview. Was more of another casual discussion and provided me a brief of the work culture as I was moving from another Big4 from the Middle East.
    5. HR - Telephone interview - Provide me with a brief of the next steps, such as background check, and other documentations required and send across to me the offer letter

Interview Questions

• Past work experience
      SOX Experience
      How was challenges at work overcome?   Answer Question

IT Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

HR interview, 1st interview with senior manager and 2nd stage interview with partner. For the last interview, I had to make a presentation on a general question. But basically, they asked to me to not present it (considering the presentation was fine and answered the question) and then it was a normal type of interview for 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• how do you see evolving the risk technology industry in the coming years?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Originally interviewed in February of 2013, initial telephone interview with Senior manager, then didn't hear anything for 6 weeks. Then had a series of face to face interviews arranged and cancelled at the last minute until being informed in July that they were no longer hiring. Had a phone call last week to ask if I was still interested and had a 70 minute phone interview with a senior manager yesterday. Now awaiting confirmation of an assessment centre interview for Friday of this week.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was asking me to explain why I had got promoted within 3 months of joining my last company   Answer Question

Manager, IT Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The process was really efficient and professional