EY ITRA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY ITRA Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied my senior year of college through their corporate website and was interviewed on campus by a local EY principal. After succeeding through the first round interview I was invited to a number of first round social events where EY flew current employees in my field out to meet with me and other candidates to have some fun and just get to know each other. Some were from my office of application some were from other offices.

I was then invited to a final round interview at my office of application (Denver). They flew me out there the night before the interview and I met with them for the majority of the day. We had a office introduction briefing, a corporate climate briefing, we met various levels of management up to the managing partner in that office. We were then given a few writing assignments. Once was an ethics based question and the other was a general topic questionnaire. Upon completion of the writing portions we had individual interviews with managers, level II staff and the managing partner at the office. Questions ranged from behavioral in nature to subject matter (information systems) dealing with inventory, supply chain logistics, information management, as well general InfoSys stuff. Lunch was intermingled in there where we met with a larger portion of the office. The whole day process was combined with other applicants from various universities around the country.

Interview Questions

• Describe the bullwhip effect in supply chain logistics and how can information systems be used to reduce this phenomenon.   1 Answer

ITRA Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

1. After submitting your resume, you will be contacted by a member of HR to have a quick behavioural interview over the phone. He/she will ask you questions about your experience, what type of role you are looking for, your current salary, etc.

2. 2nd round interview is with a manager who asks you more technical questions related to the field you are applying for

3. 3rd round interview is with a partner. If you had made it to this stage - this is more like a formality and you probably have the position in the bag. They will use this opportunity to talk to you about the firm, its culture and values, and then talk to you about the experiences you are looking for and if/how the firm is right for you.

Interview Questions

• Q: How to do you test completeness and accuracy for an interface?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I met a FSO Senior Manager at a career fair and connected with her afterwards. My referral helped me get a phone interview. I was invited to the office visit 5 weeks later. The office visit consists of 2 one-on-one interviews and a case interview. The interviewers just wanted to get to know you through your experience. Know your resume. Be ready to explain everything on your resume. Ask for feedback at the end of the interview. Relax! Got the offer after 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why EY? What's the theme of your resume? What do you see yourself in 1 year, in 5 years? Why advisory? What's the biggest challenge as a leader?   Answer Question

ITRA EXPERIENCED STAFF Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Here is my turn to post about my interview experience. Not to demotivate you guys but I had one of the most exhausting interview for this position. My first interview was with the Manager. It was a behavioral interview with many case scenarios.
    1) Tell us about a time where you had to step out of your comfort zone and got the issue resolved in your professional career ?
    2) Tell us about the time where you left a positive impact to the company you have worked ?
    3) As a Product Manager, do you think design of the product is more important or the market segment?
    4) Tell us about a time where you had a positive impact on the people professional/personal life?
    5) If there is a merger /acquisition happening between 2 firms then what are the important thing you need to address and how do you go about the whole process ?
    6)Tell us about the time were you had an issue with a non technical team and how effectively did you communicate the issue ? and did you get the issue resolved ?
    7) Tell us about the time were you have implemented LEAN initiatives in your organization?
    8) Tell us about a time where you have lead a team in a professional environment ? some challenges you have faced in that duration ?

That were some of the questions which I was asked. My interview was scheduled for 45 min but the Manager was so involved in the interview that it got extended by another 20 min.Interview with Senior Manager was very smooth because he was doing all the talking.
    I hope this post really help you guys in preparing for your interview. All the best

Interview Questions

• Everything asked was based on the experience I had with the organizations I worked   Answer Question

ITRA Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied at my university's career search website. I was contacted soon in about a week to schedule an on-campus interview. I was also invited to a reception event which was organized closed to campus a night before the interview where I got a chance to meet with lots of people from EY along with a Senior manager. The interview included 15mins of case study and 30 mins of general conversation type interview. The case was pretty easy if you know how to handle it. They just want to see if you have any plan to handle it or not.

Received a call of an on site interview in about a couple of weeks which included 3 interviews(2Senior managers, 1 Partner) These interviews were pretty much like the one on campus. Never felt like I was being interviewed. They were so casual. I did my homework in the form of research, and preparation though. Don't expect to have a comfortable experience if you haven't prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions

• The business case was too long to read slowly/carefully in 15 mins. I had to read quick, and take notes fast.   Answer Question

ITRA Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY in April 2014.

Interview

2 HR interview including 1 phone. On campus recruiting. hen a written online test followed by Superday- 4 rounds 2 senior managers and 1 partner 2 case studies. Extremely well laid out interview structure. Staff there is super nice

Interview Questions

• If you know your basics and can apply yourself you will do well   Answer Question

ITRA Staff I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school career website. In about 2 weeks I received an invitation for an on-campus interview. It was a 30-minute behavioral interview with a partner. She was very friendly and welcoming. Some of the questions she asked were: Why do you want to work in consulting? Why do you want to work at EY? Tell me about a situation when you were a leader in a team? Tell me about a conflict that you experienced in a team... They called me the next day to invite for a super day on Friday. It consisted of 2 behavioral and 1 case interview. The super day started very early. I had to be in the office by 8.15am. In the beginning we had a presentation, then we were introduced to our escorts who showed around the office that day. The behavioral interviews were pretty much the same as in the first round. The case study was about a brick and mortar bank that wanted to merge with an online bank. Later we had lunch with our escorts. They took us to a nice restaurant on Times Square. We talked, ate, and had a good time. But don't be caught off guard- this is also a part of your interview. The day after the super day the recruiter called me to make an offer. they gave me 3 weeks to decide.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

ITRA Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I had an on campus interview followed by an in-office interview two weeks later. During the campus it was one round of behavioral. The in-office was two rounds of behavioral followed by one case interview. Nothing technical for the case interview, just know basic SDLC and creative thinking on your feet.

ITRA Interview

Interview

on campus interview, all behavioral quessitons

ITRA Staff I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The first interview was held on campus with an employer from the office. This interview was very laid back and was more about getting to know me. The next step was a trip to the office for another round of interviews. I met with a manager and partner, and this was also more of a discussion about whether EY was the right fit for me. There was not any behavioral questions asked that were overly difficult to answer, and the interviewers were definitely not trying to catch you off guard or trip you up on anything.

Interview Questions

• I was given a case study that I was to analyze and present possible solutions to the problem. This wasn't overly difficult and the interviewer didn't really look into my answer that much.   2 Answers