EY Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.9

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview
    First round interview on campus, very easy, walk me trough your resume + a few behavioral questions. There was also an online writing assessment.
    Second round was a megaday at their NYC office. Two half hour interviews that were behavioral with a few technical questions. Nothing too hard. Third interview was a case study - basically reading a 2 page story with no data and resolving the case pretending you are a EY consultant and the interviewer is the client.

IT Risk and Assurance Staff (RAP) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied through their campus recruitment program. I attended their pre-networking dinner event the night before I had my first round interview on campus (1 behavioral with a senior manager and 1 case study). The interviews were very conversational. Interviewers mostly asked questions to get to know you, see how interested you are, and whether you'll be a good fit with their culture. I did well and received a call within a week from a recruiter for 2nd round interviews at their office. It was a fun, but also nerve wrecking. They had 10 other people interviewing that day too. The day was filled with presentations, 2 more behavioral interviews, and an office tour. Overall, I had a great experience throughout the interview process. They gave me a decision within a few days and I received an email with no offer (limited spots). So sad, but good luck everyone!

Interview Questions

• Why EY? Why advisory? Why FSO?   1 Answer

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

After I applied on my school's career website. Got first round of on campus interview. First round interview on campus, walk me trough your resume + a few behavioral questions.

IT Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Richmond, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Got the interview through my university career mixer. The first interview was held on university campus. Interviewer was very nice and not intimidating. Second interview is held at their office.

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Harrisonburg, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through school website. After this I was invited to a company dinner where all potential new hires and interns were able to connect with EY's staff members. A day or two later I had a one on one interview that I thought was easy and I thought went well.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions as to what my career interests were and what I saw myself doing in the future.   Answer Question

IT Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview was done in 2 stages. One with the Executive Director and the other with the Partner. Both conducted via a telephone call.
    The discussions were clear and concise and covered past experience and future growth potential.
    Overall process is a bit slow as things tend to drag on.

Interview Questions

• Reason for Move, What I would bring to EY, Why EY and breath and depth of experience   Answer Question

IT Risk and Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I did the summer leadership program. On the second day of this program I had two behavior and one case study at the Chicago office. Super easy and very conversational. The case study just tested if you had basic knowledge of information system terms. My interviewer also walked me though and asked guiding questions that led me to the correct answers. For the behavioral questions we just talked back and forth, it was mostly them telling me about how much they love EY. Nothing to be nervous about.

IT Shared Analysis Center Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EY (Rochester, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First, 45min analytical writing before the interview. The main purpose is to test the candidate's business writing skill. It pretty much like GRE AWA writing. And I applied through campus, and got interview in one week. The interview is set for 45min, and basically behavior questions and conversational based.

Manager IT Transformation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New Brunswick, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one super day interview with 5 people.
    Overall good and interesting experience.
    Had to travel to NJ to meet with decision makers. Very professional and organized.
    Phone interviews were pretty easy.
    On site interview covered your work history, skill set and some creating problem solving.

Interview Questions

• If you need to build new data center now, how would you do that.   1 Answer

IT Risk Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Total 3 rounds:
    - 1st round: scanning resume, complete online application, complete online writing assessment
    I would say the writing assessment is pretty much like a SAT or TOEFL essay and you have 40 minutes to complete.
    - 2nd round: on campus interview (behavioral interview) - got a result few days later
    It was a chill and really friendly interview/ conversation. Just make sure you know every single details in your resume.
    - 3rd round: on site (NYC). 2 behavioral interviews and 1 case study.
    Everyone is so friendly. 2 behavioral interviews were all about resume and my hobbies and my career path. The case study is straightforward. Just make sure you review SWOT and SDLC before the interview. It is also beneficial if you have good knowledge about the industry and some trending issues.

Got a job offer after 2 days.