EY Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Information Technology Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.9

224 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

One phone interview, one in person interview. All a formality and none of it was consistent, structured or necessarily meaningful. Each person (who I now work with) just made up questions on their own and some didn't even apply to my actual job now.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Raleigh, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewer went through the resume, only behavior questions.
    Interview was kind and friendly, he is the manager of the data scientists.
    Before the interview, he briefly introduce the EY company.

Interview Questions

• 1.Tell me about your most recent project?
      2. If you have more time, which project do you want to continue working on it?or even 1 year.
      3. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      4. About the work experience, what is the part you don’t like about the job?   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Irvine, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. Reply back and and got setup w a phone screen. Indicated to me the job will have very little travel, overtime, and be a challenging role despite the job description. Indicated 7 support staff in Irvine. I will be the only support person for my position.
           1 months later got scheduled for onsite interview. Did a "can you follow direction" exam. No technical question. Asked about my summary of past two employment.
            From here it goes downhill. The job is total opposite of what the recruiter indicated for the position. The manager indicated there will be lots of travel to LA, very long hours, weekend support, standby support, and mostly repetitive task. Nothing for me to learn as all projects are done in UK. I will have no say just follow fixed SOP.
            This is not what I imaged EY to be be advertised as on the web. The interviewers also don't seem to like working there and not much to say about their "culture". Honestly I felt EY advertising is for employees working the UK and not US. I certainly do not get that positive impression. This job is really for someone right out of college w no applied experience that wants to stay for about 1 year.
             The salary and benefits are as stated in the review. Horrible and below market level.

IT Advisory Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

There were many missteps in just getting to the phone interview setup. The staff setting up the interview was not professional, asked me basic questions that they could have inferred. It felt like a EEO to do.

Interview Questions

• The interview was conducted by a person with less than half the experience and was in no way qualified to 'vet' a senior professional.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview
    First round interview on campus, very easy, walk me trough your resume + a few behavioral questions. There was also an online writing assessment.
    Second round was a megaday at their NYC office. Two half hour interviews that were behavioral with a few technical questions. Nothing too hard. Third interview was a case study - basically reading a 2 page story with no data and resolving the case pretending you are a EY consultant and the interviewer is the client.

Interview Questions

• How many Mexicans live in NYC   1 Answer

IT Risk and Assurance Staff (RAP) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied through their campus recruitment program. I attended their pre-networking dinner event the night before I had my first round interview on campus (1 behavioral with a senior manager and 1 case study). The interviews were very conversational. Interviewers mostly asked questions to get to know you, see how interested you are, and whether you'll be a good fit with their culture. I did well and received a call within a week from a recruiter for 2nd round interviews at their office. It was a fun, but also nerve wrecking. They had 10 other people interviewing that day too. The day was filled with presentations, 2 more behavioral interviews, and an office tour. Overall, I had a great experience throughout the interview process. They gave me a decision within a few days and I received an email with no offer (limited spots). So sad, but good luck everyone!

Interview Questions

• Why EY? Why advisory? Why FSO?   1 Answer

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

After I applied on my school's career website. Got first round of on campus interview. First round interview on campus, walk me trough your resume + a few behavioral questions.

IT Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Richmond, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Got the interview through my university career mixer. The first interview was held on university campus. Interviewer was very nice and not intimidating. Second interview is held at their office.

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Harrisonburg, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through school website. After this I was invited to a company dinner where all potential new hires and interns were able to connect with EY's staff members. A day or two later I had a one on one interview that I thought was easy and I thought went well.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions as to what my career interests were and what I saw myself doing in the future.   1 Answer

IT Shared Analysis Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Syracuse, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

They did not inform about the pattern of the interview. It was a 45 mins slot. First 15 mins, I was asked general resume based questions and then I was surprised with a 30 min test. The second round was entirely based on the results of the test. The test was divided into 2 sections, programming and SQL.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to reverse a string.   2 Answers