EY Staff I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.7

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Attended a bunch of networking event to meet and talk to professionals. Applied through career website on campus and their company's link. Got a first round interview which included two 30-minute interviews with one manager and one senior manager. The interviewers went through my resume and asked questions off of my resume. It was pretty much conversational but at one point I felt like I was attacked by questions. When I asked questions back, one of the interviewers didn't even seem to want to answer my question at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have to deal with someone difficult and how you resolved it   Answer Question

TAP Staff I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through a college job board and was offered an on-campus interview. Following that interview, I was flown out to Dallas, Texas where the night before the interviews all of the candidates had the opportunity to mingle and ask questions to newer employees. The next day, we had three different interviews: behavioral, technical, then a case study. Within two weeks after the interviews I heard back.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, a case study, and a technical interview.   Answer Question

Tax Staff I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EY in September 2016.

Interview

No behavior questions. Simply conversation. I interviewed with a senior manager. Did resume walkthrough. The whole interview was very conversational. And the manager told me a lot about what ey does and the growth strategy in the next few years.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Advisory Staff I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Tampa, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone call with a recruiter from Florida after I was referred to them. The recruiter asked general questions about background and experience. Seemed not to have read my resume thoroughly as some questions were already answered in the resume. Answered all questions and the interview was fine. Later they said they did not have current openings that match my qualifications

Staff I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn who gave me a brief overview of the job and its requirements. After that, there was a series of phone screenings, an in-office interview with a staff level, senior level, and manager, and a final phone interview with the executive director. The recruiter for the group was incredibly helpful, communicative, and supportive.

Audit Staff I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I interviewed during my Junior year at college. EY came to my school and conducted interviews there. It was extremely convenient and they were very nice and professional. They were more focused on the kind of work ethic I had as well as my personality rather then my GPA.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to step up for a group project due to others not performing well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was basically a group process and then you did one on one talking. First, there was sort of an introduction where the candidates watched a PPT by a manager. Second, we were put into small group and given a group leader, who was a recent hire by EY. We went to a round table discussion where we heard different experiences and had the opportunity to ask them the recent hires questions. We then had our one on one interviews, 2 overall. Both interviews were pretty similar. They were to discuss what you had on your resume, for you to give experiences, and to ask any questions. After this, which was about an hour in total, the group leaders took us out to lunch, which was the end of the day. Not a bad experience.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA).

Interview

First round of interviews was a phone interview with the recruiter. We had met before so it was comfortable and conversational. Lasted ~ 20-30 minutes. About two weeks later I was told I was invited to the second round of interviews.

The second round of interviews was a super day. The super day starts with a breakfast with the other recruits and several staff members. We were paired with a "buddy" for the day. The goal of the breakfast is to calm your nerves and let you get to know some of the staff. After the breakfast, the recruiters gave a presentation about the firm and talked to you about their own experiences at the firm. Next, we had the interviews. I had 2 interviews with managers which each lasted 30 minutes. The interviews were strictly behavioral questions ("tell me about a time when...") and questions about my resume and transcript. I did not find the interviews to be stressful and the interviewers did not ask any particularly tricky questions. Following the interviews, we had a panel of first- and second-year staff answer questions we had about the company, the job, the area, etc. Finally, we were treated to lunch with our buddies and the other recruits and sent on our way!

I heard back about my offer roughly a week and a half after my final interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, questions about my resume, questions about some atypical classes I had taken (I took quite a few science classes in college), do I like to travel, etc...   Answer Question

Audit Staff I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

OCI interview. mostly behavior questions. Did pre-interview social dinner the day before, got to know some professionals and also my interviewer. Made the process really smooth and comfortable. The interview was more like a conversation. Very pleasant.

Tax Staff I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

First round is on-campus interview with one interviewer, second round is on-site interview with three different interviewer. Got the offer on the same on-site interview day so pretty quick if you get pick.