EY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017
5,407 Interview Reviews

2.9

ELP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through school career center and EY website. Interview was 30 minutes long with a senior manager. Very conversational and behavioral based questions. Overall the process was very easy to understand and my recruiter quickly answered any questions I had. Would definitely recommend attending the pre social so you can get to know your interviewer beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume.   Answer Question

Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at EY (Secaucus, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Great experience. Comfortable experience meeting management. Group of two candidates. Met some of the staff and explained the process thoroughly. Seemed to be upfront about how the contract would work and what to expect from management.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

A written test followed by a hr and two technical rounds followed by a partner round. The written test was based on general knowledge and related stuff. The HR round was pretty easy as the HR manager asked question regarding your interests etc. The gruelling one was of course the Technical round where queries related to accounting standards were put. Partner round appeared to be more of a formality where the partner was briefly interested in knowing who you were.

Interview Questions

• In the technical round they, did ask a lot of questions regarding accounting standards and its application since I was opting for a role in the audit department.   1 Answer

EY Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Apply through University Career Center, have the first interview on campus with a Senior Manager, after a week, get an invitation for the office visit. Office visit had three interviews. Each of them is one to one.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Describe a situation that you have bad feedback and how I handle it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied online and was shortly emailed requests for online testing. After a period of time, I received a phone call inviting me to attend Recruitment day, which involved a 2 on 1 individual interview that lasted for an hour, as well as a group task, followed by an office tour.

TAS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

It was 16 years ago, it was a very casual, fast and efficient interview. I met a director who called a Partner after we finished with the interview. I had a casual chat with the Partner and left the premises in a very postivie mood. The job was offered to me the day after.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to join EY?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Multiple interview levels. First a phone screen was conducted followed by personal office interviews. I was asked to come into their office on a friday and was interviewed by multiple individuals back to back over the 4 hours. The recruiter reached out to me next week with a positive outcome and started discussing the offer.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience, job content, communication and presentation skills   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY in March 2013.

Interview

It was very structured and professional. Not many rounds of interview and supportive HR practices. It was a case study discussion followed by presentation. It was followed by aptitude test and technical interview

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EY (Auckland (New Zealand)).

Interview

3 interviews: behavioural interview, study case, written test.
    The first and second interview are in the same day and written test is in another day.
    There are three people who will interview you

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

- 1st online test: situational choices
    - 2st online test: general ability test (verbal reasoning, inductive reasoning etc.)
    - direct invitation for AC by a call

Group activity:
    - 1 discussion question
    - 1 problem-solving question. The solution needed to be presented.
    2 vs 1 interview:
    - general questions (very short)
    - 6 behavioural questions

I guess I screwed the behavioural questions. The questions were very specific and I found hard to adapt my prepared examples in answering those questions. And English is not my native language.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges that EY's clients are facing at the moment?   Answer Question