EY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,228 Interview Reviews

2.9

2,228 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Advisory Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I reached out to a recruiting manager and partner about my interest. Received a digital interview within 2 weeks. The conversations were very encouraging and I enjoyed getting to know them, and the interview itself went well in my mind. After the digital interview, however, I never received any word whatsoever - the only email I got was an automated message asking for feedback on how to improve their digital experience. I'm assuming this meant I was rejected, but human confirmation would have been more appropriate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for EY   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied on my school's career website and ended up making it to the first round of interviews. The first round consisted of a series of questions you must answer while recording yourself, I believe there were 5 questions and you had multiple attempts at each question. In my opinion, this is an awful way to see if a candidate is qualified for the position or if they fit the company's culture. I found out a few days later that I made the next round which was an on campus interview. I met with 2 tax employees and they asked about my classes and some behavioral questions. This ultimately was the last round of interviews . It took HR two and a half weeks to get back to me about whether I would receive an offer or not and received an automated email.

Interview Questions

• If you have made honor roll so many times, why is your GPA not very high?   Answer Question

Risk Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Digital interview - allowed you to rewatch and rerecord your answers. Took about 40 minutes total but varies depending on how many times you record your responses. On campus interview after then they invite you to one of their offices.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions...tell me about a time you and a coworker had different styles   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Standard interview questions - all behavioral and very formal. I did not like the interview process/interviewer. I unfortunately am filling this out to access the Glass door website because they forced me to.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Around an hour for the first round interview. Started with general questions about me and my background in school, then dove into asking questions about my resume and experience. Was hard to tell if it went well or not since it flowed like a casual conversation dotted with a few prompts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had trouble with a group mate and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Transfer Pricing Interview

Application

Interview

On Campus Interview asked me basic questions about my resume and experiences. It was pretty easy and straightforward overall; however, I would have liked to have heard back more quickly than I did.

Senior Campus Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I interviewed by pre recording my answers via video. There were about five questions and each question let you record yourself a few times in case you messed up. You were also given a few minutes for each response.

Interview Questions

• What is something interesting about yourself that can benefit a team   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Two 30-minute interviews, everyone was nice and talked to you even if you weren't interviewing for their division. Getting there early to make small talk with other applicants will help calm nerves.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Detroit, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with two managers, mixer the night before to get to know the interviewers and ask past interns questions about their experience. Was offered an office visit, but canceled due to an offer from another firm that I liked much more. The recruiter was very nasty and threatening when I let them know I would not be attending the visit. I immediately knew I made the right decision by going with the other firm. The interviewers were fantastic and everyone else I met was friendly, I just really had a good feeling about my other offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? How do you work well in a team? How do you stay organized? Explain a situation where you've had to deliver bad news. Other behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Submitted my application through my university's online job application software, got to pick the time I wanted to interview and upon checking in, was called to interview with one of their recruiters.