EY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,019 Interview Reviews

2.9

6,019 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied online and then heard back a few weeks later. On campus interview. Pre-interview networking event the night before. Made things more relaxed day of. Simple behavioral questions.

Senior Campus Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I interviewed by pre recording my answers via video. There were about five questions and each question let you record yourself a few times in case you messed up. You were also given a few minutes for each response.

Interview Questions

• What is something interesting about yourself that can benefit a team   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Two 30-minute interviews, everyone was nice and talked to you even if you weren't interviewing for their division. Getting there early to make small talk with other applicants will help calm nerves.

FSO Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn followed by a short 10 min phone conversation around what the role was. About 2-3 weeks later received an email checking my availability for a particular date. Once we reached a mutually agreeable date, was scheduled to fly down to New York for interviews. Interview day was pretty casual. They made me feel comfortable and it was more conversational rather than a what you might typically expect out of an interview, mostly around my resume with a few product based experience related questions. A total of 5 interviews with 2 managers, a senior manager, an executive director, and a partner. I was made to sit in one room and the interviewers took turns to come in on a scheduled basis. Was contacted a week later and told that I will be extended an offer

People Advisory Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

First round behavioral on campus. 30 minutes only and one on one. The second round is also solely behavioral and no case studies. It is at a company office.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to improve the efficiency of a system or group   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to deliver bad or difficult news? If so, how?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

One phone interview, one in person interview. All a formality and none of it was consistent, structured or necessarily meaningful. Each person (who I now work with) just made up questions on their own and some didn't even apply to my actual job now.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Submitted my application through my university's online job application software, got to pick the time I wanted to interview and upon checking in, was called to interview with one of their recruiters.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I did campus recruiting, and the process was't too bad. I t started with applying then soon after getting email confirmation . This was followed by recorded interview questions. This were asking more about personality and seeing what kind of person you are. Then was a video interview which turned more into a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to relay a difficult message and how did you do so with empathy and compassion.   Answer Question

Structured Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Completed a video interview with only behavioral / fit questions. Heard back a week or so later about an in-person interview in Houston which included a pre-interview dinner and interviews the next day. In-person interviews included a case interview and two behavioral interviews. I heard the next day whether I got it or not.

Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (Williamsburg, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

This was my first formal internship interview that I did, and I'm very glad that I did it with EY. They contacted me very soon after the deadline for submitting applications passed, and I was scheduled to do an online interview. The online interview consisted of 5 behavioural questions, and we get 10 tries for each question. I got past that and went to the final interview, which consisted of a case interview and a behavioural interview. I really enjoyed the interview process as I felt that the interviewers were very interested in getting to know me, and it was a really good learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deliver a piece of difficult news to somebody. How did you demonstrate empathy?   Answer Question