EY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

5,305 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Very professional recruiting staff. Callbacks are generally within one week, and offers generally extended within one week after callbacks. Generally you have a few weeks to respond. Interview questions are mainly about you as a person, and not substantive.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the website, received an email asking for dates available for phone interview,
    We agreed upon a date and time,
    received a call from recruiter and discussed the position by phone
    cut off in mid interview

Interview Questions

• What is my current salary?
      Why do I want to work for EY and leave my current company?
      What do I do in my current role?
      1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Lubbock, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I went through the college recruiting process at my university. The interview was more the casual talk rather than anything else i.e. getting to know each other. The interview was very easy and the process took about 2 weeks and they called me in my cell with the offer.

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied and interviewed for the Emerging Leaders summer externship program. It's a one, two or three day program where individuals meet with company employees and learn about the operational activities of the Ernst and Young. I interviewed with two different people that went through my resume and asked various behavioral questions.

Risk Advisory Services Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for an IT Risk Advisory position within FSO. I applied through my university's job portal and was shortly contacted about scheduling phone interviews--two back-to-back phone behavioral interviews asking about my background/experience based on my resume. I was then flown in for an in-person interview: a (fairly laid back) case interview with a senior manager and behavioral/culture and job-fit type interview with a partner. Overall great experience and nothing to stress over too much. Definitely worth brushing up on IT risk concepts for the case.

Interview Questions

• Phone: What sources do you use to stay up-to-date on world news?
      Case: SWOT analysis, key issues the company was facing, potential risks of solution I proposed
      Answer Question

FSO Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Behavioral questions, really just want to get to know you, very relaxed and friendly. They also give you time to ask your own questions. Nothing to stress too much about, but you do want to prepare to feel your best.

Emerging Leader Interview

Interview

Straightforward behavioral interview. Two back to back thirty minute interviews that were on campus at our career center. Make sure to do research and prepare questions to ask your interviewer.

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

First round interview on campus, very easy, walk me trough your resume + a few behavioral questions. There was also an online writing assessment.
    Second round was a megaday at their NYC office. Two half hour interviews that were behavioral with a few technical questions. Nothing too hard. Third interview was a case study - basically reading a 2 page story with no data and resolving the case pretending you are a EY consultant and the interviewer is the client.

Interview Questions

• How many Mexicans live in NYC   2 Answers
    • What was the most technically challenging project you've worked in   1 Answer
    • How do the 3 financial statements interact   1 Answer

Tax Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I was interviewed two, times once with the supervisor for this position and then with the person I would be replacing. My second visit then was with a tax partner.

Interview Questions

• Not so much a particular question that was asked but more the advise to do my work and avoid the politics.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online through campus career portal. Got a first round 30 minute phone interview. Didn't get an invitation to the Super Day. The interview consisted of some behavioral questions and technical.

Interview Questions

• What is the angle between the hour and minute hand at 3:15.   1 Answer