EY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017
5,854 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Got paired with an EY employee. She showed me around the office in NYC. Was nice. Presentation. Then 2 interviews. First interviewer seemed like she had no time for me, was pretty nervous. Second was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Time when team member made mistakes and how did you fix it   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY in August 2017.

Interview

Reached out to recruiter via Linkedin, had an initial call with recruiter for details on what I was looking for and what my skill set is.

Scheduled 1st phone interview with senior manager, went well. Scheduled 2nd interview with another Senior Manager went well. Waiting for next details

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your self and your exp?
      Why EY?
      Any lead exp?
      Any business development exp?
      What are your strenghts?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY in August 2017.

Interview

3 interviews from three different people. Got asked typical behavioral interviews (name one time you had a bad team member, etc...).Also got asked some technical questions about my programming and object oriented programming (it was on the requirements so I knew they were going to ask).

Oh also you have 2 behavioral and 1 case interview (a real business dilemma and they want to see your thought process (look up SWOT analysis)).

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had a bad team member and how did you react? (Look up STAR method).   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone call with a recruiter, a behavioral phone call with someone who's worked a year or two in the field you're interested in, and a two-day "Megaday" with two behavioral interviews followed by a case interview (the only one you'll have in the entire process).

All interviewers are extremely welcoming and kind, they all want to meet the new talent. I was at a meeting during my internship and heard they're considering adding a fourth component to the Megaday, which involves a group setting to allow candidates to ask more questions about the different domains in the National Advisory Program.

EY leadership really wants candidates to understand the areas for growth and areas that EY National Advisory offers, and you can tell that from the way they conduct their interview process. I would recommend emphasizing that you're drawn to their work culture and learning opportunities as it is something they find very important.

During the case interview, they collect everything you write during that time period whether it's on the info packet or the blank paper they give you. It also is coincidentally the same case they give Risk interviews with so you might be able to find a hint online beforehand (although that practice might change since I'm putting it out here on the web). The thing is, I would focus much more on the behavioral aspects of the whole interview than the case because I felt like that factored in most to mine.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Case and personality interview, same generic stuff as all the mid-tier companies, its all really accountants trying to be consultants. Lots of over formality in the process and they try to act like they are a top 3 consulting firm, but then quickly admit they are a mid tier.

Interview Questions

• Why Do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Technology Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process was intense but the actual interviews were more conversations that interviews. By the second round there is personal behavioral, case, and more service line based behavioral interviews which are a bit more intense but still great experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Received an email for an interview request with a recruiter about 3 weeks after I applied. The recruiter was so professional and helpful during the phone screening interview where she explained the position itself and an insight into the company. I was asked about my relevant work experience during the phone interview. Then received an on-site interview the following week. Group panel interview and you are asked behavioral/situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked hard for something and did not receive the results that you were working towards. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

3 separate interviews in a row. Basic questions about work experience and your resume. Relaxed feel to the interview, much like a conversation. Just be ready to answer STAR questions as well as resume items.

Interview Questions

• Name a time something didn't go as planned, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. I was interviewed by 4 ppl at EY campus. 2Technical &2PMP. Technical interview: they wanted to know how things work. They wanted me to explain process and basics nothing deep. PMP was good they are looking for your communication skills and how do you react to the situations and how do you approach a situation. Overall it was a good interview. They said they will let me know the result in 1-2 weeks. Fingers crossed. waiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• how do you handled crappy boss,   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Round 1 was at school, and if you made it to the next round, it was at the office. Interviewed with 1 manager at school. Interviewed with 1 senior and 1 manager at the office. Went through mostly resume in the one and was asked behavioral questions in the second one.