EY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1,870 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Got through the first round on-campus interview. Was invited to EY New York office. Questions are not hard but my background is not solid enough. Pretty good experience except the result.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the resume.   Answer Question
    • Describe a martingale.   1 Answer
    • Suppose there are 100 players who will choose from the set of integers between 0 and 100. The winner is the one whose number is closest to the median of all the players. Suppose they are all clever enough. What number will you choose to win the game?   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

They spam you over and over with fake emails claiming you have a phone interview.
    They force you to block out a 2 hour window and then they never call.
    This went on and on over and over again- spam me with 2 hour windows and then no call.
    I finally bypassed human resources which is merely a spam center where I interviewed face to face in Manhattan and was told I was too old for the position and that I would not fit in with the 22 year old college greens who populate their office.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

First Round interview for RAP, first 30 minutes was a case interview. I was the first person interviewed that morning and it seemed the interviewer was just as confused about the case as I was ... But other then that he was friendly and as helpful as he could be. The next part was an interview with a partner, seemed relatively disinterested throughout the interview, so try to keep the partners engaged.

FSO BAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The process went very well, and everyone was very nice throughout the entire experience. There was an on campus interview, then a final round. I felt somewhat slighted at the end of the process after I thought my interviews went well and was not informed why I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for EY, rather than another similar company?   Answer Question

People Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Three back-to-back behavioral interviews. Very informal, relaxed environment, and interview questions were very typical. They didn't throw any curveballs. Make sure you practice the usual behavioral interview questions. Also, research EY and PAS because they like to see you're familiar with the company. Have specific stories prepared. Sometimes, the questions seemed very robotic, and by my third interview, I was tired of answering the same questions. 90 minutes of behavioral interview questions was exhausting, and I wish they had a case interview component as well. PAS is a new practice, so do your research and have your 'why PAS' answer ready. It helps if you're an HR major. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encouraged diversity, worked in a difficult group setting, addressed your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Manager/Senior Consultant Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Responded to an online ad and was contacted a few days later, kicking off a whirlwind couple weeks. The initial phone screen went well and the management-level opportunity we discussed seemed to be a great one. Arrived onsite and things seemed to fall apart. It seems the position I was interviewing for was changed to a non-management role and the roles/responsibilities were not clear. The team didn't seem to be on the same page. Was contacted on my way home to say they were going to make an offer since they were so impressed with my skills. Then I was contacted a few days later stating that they were not going to make an offer since they didn't need someone with my skill set. In the grand scheme of things I think I dodged a bullet.

I am sure EY is a fine company and my experience limited to one outlying department.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online through my school's website and was invited to a pre-interview dinner, where I talked to some tax associates and some partners. I had the interview the next day and my interviewer was someone I talked to the night before. My interviewer seemed more interested in my extracurriculars than school projects/works/volunteer experiences. The interview was very laid back and casual.

IT Risk and Assurance Staff (RAP) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied through their campus recruitment program. I attended their pre-networking dinner event the night before I had my first round interview on campus (1 behavioral with a senior manager and 1 case study). The interviews were very conversational. Interviewers mostly asked questions to get to know you, see how interested you are, and whether you'll be a good fit with their culture. I did well and received a call within a week from a recruiter for 2nd round interviews at their office. It was a fun, but also nerve wrecking. They had 10 other people interviewing that day too. The day was filled with presentations, 2 more behavioral interviews, and an office tour. Overall, I had a great experience throughout the interview process. They gave me a decision within a few days and I received an email with no offer (limited spots). So sad, but good luck everyone!

Interview Questions

• Why EY? Why advisory? Why FSO?   1 Answer

Transaction Advisory Services Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Went to Company Information Session on campus. Then, got my first round 30 minutes interview at the university career center with the team manager of the local office. Applied on Handshake, a school system. Be sure to check your school email spam folder. Missed a dinner event invitation from the day before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you double major in x and y? Why did you choose this particular combination? What is most important in a team environment? Overview of Resume and employer asked about previous internship experience. Explain what you did during school activities.   Answer Question

Technical Advisory Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Got first round of on campus interview, still waiting for the updates on next round. Interview was enjoyable, interviewer asked a lot of questions about past experience and how the experience ties into the applied position.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you have to sell your idea to people who oppose it?   Answer Question