EY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

6,418 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Seattle, WA).

Interview

3 interviews spread out over 3 weeks. Each progressively more technical than the previous. Mainly questions about different security use cases and implementations that I had experience with. The first two lasted about 45 min the last one was over Skype and lasted just under two hours.

Interview Questions

• What are some cyber security use cases you have implemented in the past.   Answer Question

CTM Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

EY hosted on-campus interviews after my school's career fair. If they enjoyed you during the on-campus interview, you were invited to fly to the on-site location and go through a final round interview.
    On-campus interview: Two interviewers; 40 minutes; Impromptu ; asked questions regarding resume and scenario like questions
    Final round interview: Three 40 minute interviews with one interviewer each; Impromptu; asked questions about resume, what i do in my free time, team environments, and emphasized on EY culture

Timeline:
    *Talked with recruiters at college career fair
    *3 days letter received email about on-campus interview
    *On-campus interview 2 days later
    *6 business days later received email about final round invite that would be hosted in 4 days
    *From final interview; 1 month to hear back

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Very relaxed! Mostly behavioral questions. There are no trick questions and manager was very friendly. There’s an on campus interview then an office interview. They already know you are smart and are capable of doing the job by reading your resume, therefore they just want to see if they like you as a person and if they would enjoy working with you

Audit Staff FSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

After attending Big Four Career Fair I received a call from campus recruiter to set up phone interview. Though I was interviewing for an audit position, the phone interview was with a tax manager. After 3 weeks, I received an email asking me to come to their big interviewing day. The day started with breakfast and a panel for the aprox 60 recruits. This was one of 3 days recruits could visit. They set each recruit up with a host. This is your EY employee to ask anything and help you find your interview room. After a personal interview with two partners. EY provided lunch and we were free to leave. Took over 2 weeks to hear back after second interview. I think if I would have heard back early, I may have accepted the offer.

Tax Attorey Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

HR contact talked to me by phone and promised she would get back to me in a week. A week passed, and she profusely thanked me for contacting her, but said she would know more in another week. Another week passed and nothing. I sent another follow-up and there was no response. Extremely unprofessional behavior.

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

It was a smooth interview, but I didn't get the position. They offered a dinner before interview day, so you are able to chat with your recruiter. It is a nice process.

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

behavioral interviews; spent 30 mins on campus then an entire day interviewing in the office; very long process but overall a good experience; pretty easy interviews, very relaxed and conversational

Interview Questions

• Why public accounting? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

First round video interview where you play a video that asks a question and then you have 30 seconds to prepare your answer and 2 minutes to record. There were ~6 questions, all behavioral, and you can record each answer up to 10 times before submitting. Moved on to next round.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to communicate bad news and how you handled it.
      Tell us about yourself / why EY?   Answer Question

Financial Advisory Manager Interview

Interview

Submit an application online, HR phone screened within a week, didn't hear anything from her for a week, I sent her a follow up email, no response, tried another follow up email in week 2 after initial phone, she responded and scheduled a phone screen with inline manager, another week later, she told me that manager is on 2 week vacation, waited for 2 weeks, I was told on that phone interview day that manager is not available, but she got me another manager to talk at the same time.
    That conversation went well, but I didn't hear anything from HR for almost 2 weeks, sent another follow up email, HR told me to prepare to fly to NY office for on site (super Friday). 3 days before super Friday, she told me interviewers couldn't make it and moved me to the following Friday.

I fly to NY the night before after work around 7PM, flight was delayed and didn't take off until past 10PM, it happened that HR said me an email at 9:40PM that night before interview to notify me some schedule change and also notify me that 2 of 3 interviewers couldn't meet me on site. I was really tired as I arrived at the hotel around 1AM so I didn't even read that email.
    So I was in their NYC office way much earlier than my
    scheduled time, only realized about the last minute change.

Anyway, my greeter took me up regardless and dozing off in their office for sometimes before finally meeting with the only person, who happened to be the peer of the position. Then supposed to talk to 2 person over the phone and I cannot believe EY office phone is NOT working!!!!! (My interviewer helped me dial multiple times and he gave up on helpless phone) So I have to use my cell phone but reception was really bad in the super densed area like Time Square office :-(

After on site, again never hear anything from HR, send a follow up email, HR said don't know about the result, then never heard back on my 2nd follow up email.

I submit the expenses for reimbursement, and I was told i should get a prepaid Visa card within 18-21 business days, well, still waiting for that....

The whole interview process is just so messy, and it lasts 9+ weeks, and yet I still haven't get any results... I get it that consultant's world are less predictable and you have to be more flexible, but I don't think this justified their messy process, I don't feel being respected of my time during the process. And also, it makes me wonder that if EY's administration is in such a messy manner, why would Company paid hefty $$$ to hire their services??!! I am so disappointed!

Risk Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied through my school, and got an on campus interview. The night before my interview was the "pre-night." We played a trivia game and got to meet and network with people who will be interviewing you the next day. The actual interveiw was very easy. Very conversational and just getting to know you. They then took like a full month to get back to me for a second round. Since I go to school far away, it was a skype interview. Part one was behavorial and part two was a case interview. Overall not too bad.