EY Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

230 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Advisory(Cybersecurity) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with them during an on campus job fair, conducted the first rounds shortly after the fair. First round was basic, all behavioral questions with a few technical questions towards the end. For second rounds they flew me down to Houston, TX to interview with their Pen-Testing division on the cybersecurity floor. I expected a "super day" program where we would see a few group speakers throughout the day and have three interviews (two behavioral and one case study). This was not the case at all, while there seemed to be such a "super day" going on when I got to the office, it was for audit and not IT advisory. We were sent upstairs after much confusion as to where the IT interns were supposed to interview. My first interview was with senior associates within EY, and it was almost entirely technical asking about computer security. The second interview directly after that was once again all technical questions, I was presented with a powerpoint slideshow of code outputs and asked to recognize each. Finally, due to a client emergency my third interview was promptly cancelled and I was released 2 hours early.

Interview Questions

• I was shown a page full of port numbers and asked to explain the importance of each.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Stamford, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

Everyone is super friendly and welcoming. My first and second round interview, I thought was great but didn't receive an offer. They took 6 weeks to send me my rejection email instead of the two weeks they told us.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you took the leadership role in a group and how did others respond to it ?   Answer Question

IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of in person interviews with a case study and a writing test. Interview questions are mainly behavioral based. There has been some time pressure in the case study. The case is not difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

Typical college interview process. The first interview was casual, looking to see how you fit in with the employees. They also held several socials events during the week of interviews--two dinners and a football game. The final interview was at held at their offices. They have you do a small case study that takes roughly ten minutes. The rest of the day is full of other interviews and lunch with the team

Interview Questions

• Explain to me what you believe a consultant at EY will be doing, and how does your experience make you a good candidate   1 Answer

Money was the deciding factor to not accept the position.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

first round is the on campus, none technical questions. All about my resume, the project you do and they also ask me what's going wrong in a particular one and what should you do different if you have a chance to do it again.
    it is about 30 minute.
    The second round is one-site. Have 3 interviews in a row for the whole morning.
    The first one is a case study, there is a 5 page case, you have 15 minutes to read it. And then you need to identify the problem happening and give the suggestion.
    The other two round is more like a normal chatting, talk about the resume again.

IT Risk and Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I went to their Super Day and had 3 interviews back to back (2 behavioral, 1 case). They asked me to walk through my resume, and elaborate on some of the experiences. They asked a lot of team work questions, and ask for specific examples as well. The people were very friendly, and some of us even went for coffee afterwards with our greeter.

Interview Questions

• Case interview was about a bank who wanted to add several new functions for their elite customers. All the information was on paper, and we have to identify risks in each area. Very different experience cause there wasn't much to ask since all the information was given.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (Des Moines, IA) in September 2015.

Interview

First round was an on-campus interview and 30-min online writing assessment was required to finished before the interview. The first round was easy. After 4 days I got the invitation of the on-site interview. The on-site interview includes two behavioral interviews and one case study interview. The case study was hard. Given 20 minutes to read through the case and then go through SWOT analysis, identify the problem and offer solutions.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university. The first interview took place in our university and it took them 2-3 weeks to contact me for the 2nd round interview. The 2nd round interview (in-house) took 6hrs in total. It was divided into 3 types of interview, behavioral, case study and group. The process was smooth and a day before my in-house interview I got assigned with a buddy from EY which made it better cause I get to ask tips and be more comfortable during the in house.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I interviewed for their Emerging Leaders Program first, which I accepted and attended. After that I had an "in" for interviewing for full time. I can't stress how important it is to send follow up emails to people you meet and interview with. Don't be shy to ask them out to lunch, I had 3 lunches with some EY staff. I was invited to Megaday, where I had 3 interviews back to back (2 behavioral, 1 case). Not too difficult, just show genuine interest and be able to answer behavioral questions (tell me of a time when..) and it should go by smoothly. The case isn't too hard, there was little math involved but required reading about 8-10 pages of material and then discussing what you observed. Had the interview on a Thursday and got an offer the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you worked on a team or with a difficult person? How do you go about setting and achieving a goal? Where do you see yourself in 3 years? Why EY? Tell me of a time when you had to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview goes fairly smoothly and the interviewers are nice. Interview itself was easy and they focused a lot on behavioral. Two rounds of phone interviews with current staffs. Since I applied international program they interviewed me in Chinese and English