EY Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Information Technology Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (Des Moines, IA) in September 2015.

Interview

First round was an on-campus interview and 30-min online writing assessment was required to finished before the interview. The first round was easy. After 4 days I got the invitation of the on-site interview. The on-site interview includes two behavioral interviews and one case study interview. The case study was hard. Given 20 minutes to read through the case and then go through SWOT analysis, identify the problem and offer solutions.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university. The first interview took place in our university and it took them 2-3 weeks to contact me for the 2nd round interview. The 2nd round interview (in-house) took 6hrs in total. It was divided into 3 types of interview, behavioral, case study and group. The process was smooth and a day before my in-house interview I got assigned with a buddy from EY which made it better cause I get to ask tips and be more comfortable during the in house.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I interviewed for their Emerging Leaders Program first, which I accepted and attended. After that I had an "in" for interviewing for full time. I can't stress how important it is to send follow up emails to people you meet and interview with. Don't be shy to ask them out to lunch, I had 3 lunches with some EY staff. I was invited to Megaday, where I had 3 interviews back to back (2 behavioral, 1 case). Not too difficult, just show genuine interest and be able to answer behavioral questions (tell me of a time when..) and it should go by smoothly. The case isn't too hard, there was little math involved but required reading about 8-10 pages of material and then discussing what you observed. Had the interview on a Thursday and got an offer the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you worked on a team or with a difficult person? How do you go about setting and achieving a goal? Where do you see yourself in 3 years? Why EY? Tell me of a time when you had to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview goes fairly smoothly and the interviewers are nice. Interview itself was easy and they focused a lot on behavioral. Two rounds of phone interviews with current staffs. Since I applied international program they interviewed me in Chinese and English

IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

I attended the leadership program. We had a day of networking and exploring the services EY offers. The next day I had two half hour interviews and an hour long case study.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

2 interviews that were behavioral and one case study. Both behavioral interviews were easy and relaxed environment. Need to have questions that you ask them towards the end of the interview as this was about half of the 30 min interview. I think they were really looking for how I held myself in there interview because it was more of an open discussion that I could interject at any moment.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the classes that you took in college?   1 Answer

IT Audit Staff Interview

Interview

Process was timely. Great experience overall for an interview. People were out going and friendly. All spoke highly of company culture. Seemed like a great place for the beginning of a career.

IT Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Got recruited through veteran reference. A Partner and HR introduced us to the business model of EY and some employees who were former veterans. Asked a few questions about work life balance and culture. Went through 3 interviews with 2 of them being partners and 1 of them from HR.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

My school sent an email in regards to a Risk Advisory Position asking interested students to forward them a resume. After I submitted my resume, I was contacted for a phone screening interview. The interview was with the recruiter and she just had me read over my resume and explain some of my accomplishments and qualifications. She didn't know the specifics of the job so I just asked questions about the company. I was then contacted for an on-campus interview which was with a Senior Manager. It was very conversational and not behavioral at all. Just come prepared, be engaged, ask smart questions, and be able to maintain a conversation. I was then invited to their office for second-round interviews and a pre-interview dinner. During the dinner, we got a chance to talk to current EY employees in a relaxed environment. The following day, they gave us a presentation on why EY is so great, then they gave us a case to read about a business process. Next, they assigned us a host, who was a current EY employee that had been with them for about 1-2 years. The hosts would then take us to the interviewer's office. There were 3 interviews total. In the first one, they asked me about the case and some behavioral questions followed by a conversation about the job culture and so on. The other two followed a similar format but without the case questions. After the three interviews, they gave us a tour of the office. We then headed back to the hotel and had lunch with the hosts.

Interview Questions

• If they ask really difficult technical questions, don't give an answer, but rather say how you would come to find the solution (i.e. ask more experienced collegues for help, research online, etc).   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

I submit the application on career center's website and on EY's website. Then I got the notification of 1 on 1 interview. I took the interview on campus. He asked me some personality question and let me ask him some question. The recruiter was a nice man.

Interview Questions

• Except traditional personality test. The recruiter also ask me "Which one is better, start your own business or attend a MBA program"   Answer Question