EY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017
5,718 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Consisted of two off-site interviews followed by one on-site behavioral and one case study interview a couple of weeks later. Every interviewer was friendly, encouraging, and helpful. I was taken care of very well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you took initiative in a group setting.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Telephone interviews that were very typical; Not much out of the ordinary; Thank you for the question. I really appreciate the opportunity to interview with you. Have a great day!!

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The first step is a call with a recruiter for qualification, essentially they are insuring you are a qualified candidate and they will schedule a true first round. The first round is generally a phone call with a Manager or Senior Manager, in which they will ask you about your experiences and interview you based on the role you apply for. You generally will then attend one or several face to face interviews that will be technical, behavioral and may include a formal or informal case study.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail and process which you know well.   1 Answer

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through campus career center and online directly with EY. Interviewed on campus. Met my interviewer the night before at a pre-interview social. Interviewer was nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (Santa Barbara, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Worst experience I have ever had with a company. Keep reading to find out why you should never interview with this company.

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter wanting to interview me based upon my background. I generally don't respond to recruiters but I wanted to hear more since EY is a global company. After a quick chat on the phone the recruiter thought I was a good fit to move forward and said I would be hearing about the next steps shortly.

I was pushed to another recruiter which asked me for my availability in the next week. I gave the recruiter the times and the recruiter never followed up a week after. I sent the recruiter an email and waited days to hear anything. At which point it was like we had never spoke and the recruiter asked for my available time for the next week. Once again same story. The recruiter wouldn't respond to my emails this time.

I contacted the first recruiter said that if they are going to blow me off they shouldn't contact me again. The recruiter was committed to resolving this and called me. I told the recruiter I will accommodate whatever time to manager has available to simplify this process.

I received an email from the second recruiter, again not acknowledging we have ever spoke, with an interview time. The recruiter had the date wrong and my phone number. My resume clearly indicated my phone number and this number wasn't even the same area code. An hour before the interview they cancelled ( i had to shift my entire schedule to accommodate this first interview time). They asked to reschedule. I said fine tell me when and I'll be on the call.

They followed back up and gave me a new time 8:30am EST. I am in PST and even though 5:30am is a ridiculous time for a phone interview I woke up early to prepare and waited. No one ever called. I found the managers email and emailed my contact info to confirm (this was only 5 minutes past my interview time). The manager never responded. I contacted the recruiters asking why they stood me up. I told them someone needed to call me to get this resolved.

A recruiter called me and apologized. The recruiter said the manager called and no one answered (voicemail is there for a reason isn't it? What about the email I sent to him that he didn't respond to?) The recruiter summarized how busy everyone is (the whole time assuming i am not equally busy) and told me they would have to find someone else to interview me. I had been more than patient up until this point even though they had clearly made it a point to be clear that i will conform to whatever process they have without regard to the fact they are the one's that cold recruited me.

This is by far the most unprofessional organization I have ever dealt with. I received an email from the head of recruitment saying they don't want to move forward anymore since I was unhappy with the process. This took 3 weeks for them to setup an interview that they couldn't even follow through with.

Can you imagine what goes on inside this company if they treat prospective employee's this way? I would steer clear of this company at all costs. Either employee's are unhappy, clients are unhappy, or both.

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment. 1 week later was invited to interview. Heard back 3 weeks later. Overall, the interview was conversational and the interviewers were friendly and open to answering any questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you catch someone up who missed a meeting through what they missed?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The first round interview was at the University. If you pass the first round, you are invited to Chicago for the second round of interviews. EY puts interviewees up in a nice hotel, and a casual dinner is held the night before the second round interviews. 3 separate people employees perform a non technical interview, and EY treats interviewees to a small group lunch after the process is complete. Offers are given within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 3 Strengths and 3 Weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Stamford, CT).

Interview

I applied online through my university and was asked to attend an on campus interview. It consisted of 2 thirty minute interviews, one with the campus recruiter and one with a senior manager. Both were very laid back with a few behavioral questions. We talked a lot about wanting to help the community and leadership and also talked sports for a little while. After the interview, it took about a 3 weeks to hear back that I was accepted.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time you were in a group where people weren't getting along? How did you help resolve the issue?   1 Answer
    • Tell me more about you   1 Answer
    • What do you want to get out of the conference?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Cleveland, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

We had a breakfast and socialized and then listened to three different presentations on Taxation, Assurance, and Advisory. Then I had two interviews (everyone had two) the first with a partner, the second with a manager. The first interview was formal with some basic behavioral questions and my second interview was more of a conversation rather than an interview. Overall, everyone at EY was extremely nice and it was a comfortable/enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• What's the most difficult thing you've been through in the last six months?   1 Answer

Business Model Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interview - HR, Phone Interview followed by an onsite interview consisting of 5 rounds with various members of the team. Mostly behavioral with very few technical questions. Very resume focused.