EY Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

231 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

I attended the leadership program. We had a day of networking and exploring the services EY offers. The next day I had two half hour interviews and an hour long case study.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

2 interviews that were behavioral and one case study. Both behavioral interviews were easy and relaxed environment. Need to have questions that you ask them towards the end of the interview as this was about half of the 30 min interview. I think they were really looking for how I held myself in there interview because it was more of an open discussion that I could interject at any moment.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the classes that you took in college?   1 Answer

IT Audit Staff Interview

Interview

Process was timely. Great experience overall for an interview. People were out going and friendly. All spoke highly of company culture. Seemed like a great place for the beginning of a career.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

My school sent an email in regards to a Risk Advisory Position asking interested students to forward them a resume. After I submitted my resume, I was contacted for a phone screening interview. The interview was with the recruiter and she just had me read over my resume and explain some of my accomplishments and qualifications. She didn't know the specifics of the job so I just asked questions about the company. I was then contacted for an on-campus interview which was with a Senior Manager. It was very conversational and not behavioral at all. Just come prepared, be engaged, ask smart questions, and be able to maintain a conversation. I was then invited to their office for second-round interviews and a pre-interview dinner. During the dinner, we got a chance to talk to current EY employees in a relaxed environment. The following day, they gave us a presentation on why EY is so great, then they gave us a case to read about a business process. Next, they assigned us a host, who was a current EY employee that had been with them for about 1-2 years. The hosts would then take us to the interviewer's office. There were 3 interviews total. In the first one, they asked me about the case and some behavioral questions followed by a conversation about the job culture and so on. The other two followed a similar format but without the case questions. After the three interviews, they gave us a tour of the office. We then headed back to the hotel and had lunch with the hosts.

Interview Questions

• If they ask really difficult technical questions, don't give an answer, but rather say how you would come to find the solution (i.e. ask more experienced collegues for help, research online, etc).   1 Answer

IT Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Got recruited through veteran reference. A Partner and HR introduced us to the business model of EY and some employees who were former veterans. Asked a few questions about work life balance and culture. Went through 3 interviews with 2 of them being partners and 1 of them from HR.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

I submit the application on career center's website and on EY's website. Then I got the notification of 1 on 1 interview. I took the interview on campus. He asked me some personality question and let me ask him some question. The recruiter was a nice man.

Interview Questions

• Except traditional personality test. The recruiter also ask me "Which one is better, start your own business or attend a MBA program"   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

first round on campus interview, all behavior questions, about 30 minutes; writing test, has time - limits; second round onsite interviews, 2 behavior interviews, each 45 minutes, one case interview, no technical questions, 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• go through your resume; what is the hardest situation during your previous internship; how do you work with people with different personality from you; tell about a case where you have a leadership role; how do you manage when there are multiple tasks at once; why do you apply for our company/this position/this city   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I knew contacts working there. So got a face to face interview. Started with questions about myself and why I wanted to work in EY. Then was asked database questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Iselin, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

One of my relative who works for EY submitted my resume for the position(full time staff) . I got an email for office interview. There was 2 1:1 interviews and 1 case study.

Interview Questions

• They were basic behavioral questions and a case study. In case study, they look how you walk along the problem rather than getting any exact solution.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY in January 2015.

Interview

There are 2 rounds:

The first round is mostly behavioral, analyzing your career interests and goals. Interviewers are very friendly, so are the recruiters.
    One case study follows in the second round which basically deals with reading a case and talking to the interviewer about it. Not an issue unless you get tunnel vision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.