EY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017
5,664 Interview Reviews

2.9

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied through the university recruiting website, and received an e-mail to schedule an interview after about 4 weeks. The interview was not long, about half an hour, and I heard back after a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you need to work with someone difficult.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I was contacted by campus recruiter for a phone interview. Heard back about in office interview a week later. I will be going into the office in about a week from now.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred to EY and had a 30 minute phone call and then invited to NYC for a super day. I met with three different managers and we mostly discussed my previous experience. It more behavioral questions than technical although you need to speak to all comments on your resume.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain interest rate swaps   1 Answer

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with an assurance manager who went over my résumé and asked about my role in a non profit organization and my current business internship. I'm a freshman and I showed enthusiasm and was told I'd hear back in two weeks and I feel as if I will get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your reśumé   1 Answer
    • Tell me any challenges you faced when you were part of (organization) and what your experience was like and how you solved those challenges.   1 Answer

Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

The firm conducted campus socials and interviews. After interviewing candidates, individuals were offered the chance to visit the office they selected. The official offer was given at the local office.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more of a conversation about EY, the culture, career opportunities, and expectations for entry-level positions. The interviewer asked questions about involvement in different activities from school to social.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process was a little slow and confusing. My first interview was very casual and wa snot asked many questions pertaining to the job. I was told positions were probably filled but I would be called back for the second round of opening. I was called back months later for a more formal interview,

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about past experiences   2 Answers

Advisory Senior Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I was initially contacted by one of their recruiters on LinkedIn. We scheduled a call and talked for about an hour. Her questions focused on my background, experience, and career goals.

About a week after the phone screen, they invited me to NYC for an in-person interview. This interview consisted of eight half-hour sessions with different managers. About 80% of their questions focused on my experience. They asked me to describe in detail various projects I had worked on and code that I had written. The other 20% was softball technical questions focusing on the differences between different reporting tools.

The entire process, from first contact to offer, took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why should I use Qlik instead of Tableau?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Fair, Open, and Transparent. Easy to find location. Communications and logistics were accurate and specific. Very nice building inside and out. Fairly relaxed environment considering the type of business it is. Relaxed, but very professional.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Everyone was incredibly friendly and nice. The interview process went very smoothly and they were very helpful with any and all questions you had. It is definitely good to do your research on the company and come with plenty of questions.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were to gauge how well you would be at succeeding at the position.   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Very professional recruiting staff. Callbacks are generally within one week, and offers generally extended within one week after callbacks. Generally you have a few weeks to respond. Interview questions are mainly about you as a person, and not substantive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a substantive tax issue   1 Answer