EY Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1,069 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on campus and got a phone interview after 3 weeks. The whole process is easy and mainly consist of some basic behavioral questions. The interview is 30 minutes with a tax manager who is really nice. She would listen to your words and give you chances to ask questions. Do prepare some good questions. Also, make sure your response to each question would not be too long (keep in 3-5 minutes max). The second round interview would be on-site with 3 round. 2 round of behavioral interview, one round of case interview. Not thing is too technical.

Valuation & Business Modeling Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a great change of pace compared to other ones. The first round was with a partner in the Valuation practice, it was about 5 min of resume overview, 10 min of behavioral, 10 min of technicals, and 5 min for questions. This was then followed by the super day which was held in New York.

They bring you out a day before the interview and place you in a hotel, this was in New York, New York, so it was an awesome experience. The night before there is a dinner, in which you get to talk to and meet some of your interviewers. The super day consisted of 3 interviews, 2 behavioral/technical and one just get to know you. For the technical side, just understand typical valuation methods and behavioral is nothing out of the ordinary. On top of that, have an understand of what is going on in the market.

Took about 2 weeks to hear back after the super day and was offered a position. Great overall experience.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 valuation methods and briefly run through them.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question
    • Tell me something interesting that is going on in the market. Tell me about a deal that you have followed.   Answer Question

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Not very many behavioral questions, they were really trying to dig deep into how you think through questions. Asked a lot about hypothetical situations regarding the future. Also dove pretty deep into technology and how it currently impacts certain industries and how its effects will continually grow into the future.

Interview Questions

• What is your passion? Choose one. Then another question that dove deeper into the future of that industry or large players within that industry.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round is on-campus interview, which is pretty simple, just talking. Second round is office tour, which include two behavior interviews. And these are basiclly the same as the first round.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation that you cannot get along well with a peer.   Answer Question

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Harrisonburg, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through school website. After this I was invited to a company dinner where all potential new hires and interns were able to connect with EY's staff members. A day or two later I had a one on one interview that I thought was easy and I thought went well.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions as to what my career interests were and what I saw myself doing in the future.   1 Answer

Risk Assurance Program Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First were on campus interviews, which were two back to back interviews (total time of 1 hour). One of these interviews was basic behavioral, the other was a case interview. Then, I was invited to the in-house interview day. On this day, they gave us tours, then did a group interview with all candidates who were interviewing for the same job. After this, a few of the employees took the group of us out to lunch nearby.

Interview Questions

• standard behavioral questions   1 Answer

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round of interviews was on campus, one on one with a partner. Second round was in NYC with 3 interviews in a row, 2 behavioral and 1 case study, all interviews with partners. This was followed by lunch with current BAP employees who were our "guides" for the morning. the guides walked us from interview to interview and answered other questions we might've had, help take the edge off, and were quite friendly. After lunch we picked up our stuff and took our respective transportation back to our respective campuses.

Interview Questions

• Relatively standard interview questions in the behavioral interviews. The case study we were given a struggling insurance company and asked on ways to improve results.   1 Answer

FSO Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview and then Super Day with six 30-minute interviews. Very negative experience - recruiters provided interviewers with incorrect resume and I never received any feedback despite promises to get in touch either way.

Interview Questions

• Insurance company case study   1 Answer

TAP Staff I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through a college job board and was offered an on-campus interview. Following that interview, I was flown out to Dallas, Texas where the night before the interviews all of the candidates had the opportunity to mingle and ask questions to newer employees. The next day, we had three different interviews: behavioral, technical, then a case study. Within two weeks after the interviews I heard back.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, a case study, and a technical interview.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

1st round was with partner, second round is on site with three people(manager/ senior manager), each half an hour; mostly behavior questions. The goal was to test if you fit in the environment and the team, almost no technical question at all.

Interview Questions

• Why big 4, why accounting, talk about intern programs   1 Answer