EY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,190 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

First Round interview for RAP, first 30 minutes was a case interview. I was the first person interviewed that morning and it seemed the interviewer was just as confused about the case as I was ... But other then that he was friendly and as helpful as he could be. The next part was an interview with a partner, seemed relatively disinterested throughout the interview, so try to keep the partners engaged.

FSO BAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The process went very well, and everyone was very nice throughout the entire experience. There was an on campus interview, then a final round. I felt somewhat slighted at the end of the process after I thought my interviews went well and was not informed why I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for EY, rather than another similar company?   Answer Question

Valuation and Business Modeling Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I did a first-round interview over phone. Afterwards I did a modeling test which I'm pretty sure its only for the business modeling team. Then I got called in for a super day on site. I got basic interview questions. Interviewers were very nice. They talked about their own project experience and most of the questions were behavioral.

People Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Three back-to-back behavioral interviews. Very informal, relaxed environment, and interview questions were very typical. They didn't throw any curveballs. Make sure you practice the usual behavioral interview questions. Also, research EY and PAS because they like to see you're familiar with the company. Have specific stories prepared. Sometimes, the questions seemed very robotic, and by my third interview, I was tired of answering the same questions. 90 minutes of behavioral interview questions was exhausting, and I wish they had a case interview component as well. PAS is a new practice, so do your research and have your 'why PAS' answer ready. It helps if you're an HR major. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encouraged diversity, worked in a difficult group setting, addressed your weaknesses.   Answer Question

FIDS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online through my school's recruiting system. Got invited to the first round of interview a week later. There will be a pre-interview dinner the night before the interview. 1st round was with a manager on campus, very conversational and nothing technical. 2 weeks later I got an email for 2nd round. The 2nd round were three back to back interview with 2 senior managers and 1 partner. Which all are very informational and easy to talk to, honestly they are just looking to see if you are a good fit and whether you are proactive and eager to learn or not. I received my offer a week later from HR via email.

Interview Questions

• Which is your hardest and easiest class in college and why. Tell me about a time when you have to deal with a difficult team situation. What is one of your biggest accomplishment in life so far?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not negotiable

Manager/Senior Consultant Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Responded to an online ad and was contacted a few days later, kicking off a whirlwind couple weeks. The initial phone screen went well and the management-level opportunity we discussed seemed to be a great one. Arrived onsite and things seemed to fall apart. It seems the position I was interviewing for was changed to a non-management role and the roles/responsibilities were not clear. The team didn't seem to be on the same page. Was contacted on my way home to say they were going to make an offer since they were so impressed with my skills. Then I was contacted a few days later stating that they were not going to make an offer since they didn't need someone with my skill set. In the grand scheme of things I think I dodged a bullet.

I am sure EY is a fine company and my experience limited to one outlying department.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online through my school's website and was invited to a pre-interview dinner, where I talked to some tax associates and some partners. I had the interview the next day and my interviewer was someone I talked to the night before. My interviewer seemed more interested in my extracurriculars than school projects/works/volunteer experiences. The interview was very laid back and casual.

IT Risk and Assurance Staff (RAP) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

I applied through their campus recruitment program. I attended their pre-networking dinner event the night before I had my first round interview on campus (1 behavioral with a senior manager and 1 case study). The interviews were very conversational. Interviewers mostly asked questions to get to know you, see how interested you are, and whether you'll be a good fit with their culture. I did well and received a call within a week from a recruiter for 2nd round interviews at their office. It was a fun, but also nerve wrecking. They had 10 other people interviewing that day too. The day was filled with presentations, 2 more behavioral interviews, and an office tour. Overall, I had a great experience throughout the interview process. They gave me a decision within a few days and I received an email with no offer (limited spots). So sad, but good luck everyone!

Interview Questions

• Why EY? Why advisory? Why FSO?   1 Answer

Structured Finance Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

First round on campus. Only behavioral and resume questions during the first round. Second round in the office, two behavioral interviews and one case study. Pre interview networking dinner for both nights.

Transaction Advisory Services Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY.

Interview

Went to Company Information Session on campus. Then, got my first round 30 minutes interview at the university career center with the team manager of the local office. Applied on Handshake, a school system. Be sure to check your school email spam folder. Missed a dinner event invitation from the day before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you double major in x and y? Why did you choose this particular combination? What is most important in a team environment? Overview of Resume and employer asked about previous internship experience. Explain what you did during school activities.   Answer Question