EY Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

284 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After submitting you need to do standard CAPP tests - numerical, verbal, logical. These aren't too difficult.
    The next step is the telephone interview - this is strengths based with someone who is writing down your answers. The process was a bit strange with a lot of pauses but the questions weren't too difficult.
    After that was the Assessment Centre - this is split into three stages. A paired exercise where you use the research you had to do beforehand and discuss with a partner and an assessor. A group exercise where you're time limited and need to pick out strengths you feel are important before giving a presentation. The conclusion is an individual exercise where you need to answer some questions on a laptop. Overall it's very relaxed and if you're prepared can be enjoyable.
    The Partner interview is the final step, it's a 1 hour interview with a senior that includes a presentation. Preparation is key.

Interview Questions

• Why EY? Why this service line? Why this location?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to follow strict instructions to finish a task? How important is it to follow the instructions?   Answer Question

Branding and Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

The interview process itself was relatively straightforward. It consisted of a pre screening call, an hour telephone competency based interview and a F2F interview with 2 managers in the London office.

Recruitment process itself however was extremely disorganised. My interview date and time were changed last minute twice. I got one email from one person saying I had made it to the next round and then 30 minutes later from another email saying I hadn't been successful. I had to call and clarify which it was.

I then travelled over 400 miles to attend the final interview and was told a hiring manager would be in touch the following week. 2 weeks went past and I hadn't heard anything so I politely followed up. I was told that the hiring manager had since left and someone else would be in touch with me to discuss. Another week goes by and nothing. A month after final interview I send another follow up and was completely ignored.
    Very unprofessional considering I had gone to a lot of trouble as a candidate to progress through the recruitment rounds and travel hundreds of miles for final interview. I didn't even receive a rejection notification. I am also still waiting on flight expenses to be reimbursed 6 weeks after the interview.

Considering EY market themselves as "2017 Best place to work"- the recruitment process certainly does not reflect this.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to manage multiple complex projects   Answer Question

Summeradvisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for the summer internship program in advisory. The application consisted of 5 psychometric tests (numerical, verbal, business strengths, mindset, personality), a phone interview and a final assessment centre. EY were very quick in telling me I had progressed (within 1-2 days of each stage).
    Unlike most companies, EY's model is strengths based, ie are you naturally good at something. The assessment centre definitely revealed this, as it consisted of 2 group exercises and one written exercise. Although the assessment centre was easier than I have experienced, I did find it meant it was harder to stand out amongst the rest of the other candidates. I would advise any prospective applicants who make it to the assessment centre to make sure they carry out the prework they set, and to make sure you are up to date with any current events. Read HBS, FT etc.

Financial Services Consulting - Technology Consulting Grad Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted interview online and then received emails to complete a situation judgement test as well as verbal and numerical reasoning. Next stage was a telephone interview which I passed, but my application was then put on hold due to the high number of applicants ahead of me in the process.

IT Risk Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Online assessments were fairly straight forward and similar to other graduate schemes.
    THe interview was not what i was expecting and did not ask me questions i was expecting as it was 'strengths based'

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 interviews going through experience and competency based questions, experience in managing teams, examples of past situations, why did I want to work at EY, was I applying for other jobs, why was I the right person for the job, how did I deal with constructive criticism, etc

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Interviews and case studies. They are the typical auditing firm kind of interview process in which a lot of tests are made to make sure you know the minimums as the number os applicants is huge and the number of vacancies as well.

Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

First I had to do a couple of psychometric tests (numerical and verbal) followed by a telephone interview that was based on strengths questions (essentially questions about what you enjoy doing versus regular competency questions)

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The initial stages of the application process were very quick - the application form, online tests, phone interview, and invitation to group assessment day were all within about 3 weeks. However they then didn't contact me for a month, then said that the original job I'd applied for was now full, so offered me some other opportunities I could be considered for. I selected one and they gave me an interview date about a month after that.

The interviewer was a senior manager in the team who was very approachable, knowledgeable, and pleasant. I felt the interview went very well, and was more of a conversation than the interview format I am accustomed to- the interviewer even suggested that I might be interested in being considered for a different role in her team that was open in addition to the one I was interviewing for, and gave me information about it during the interview itself. I was applying to this post as a career change and I have spent 10 years in the public and charitable sector.

The interviewer said that HR would be in touch the following week but EY then did not contact me for 2 full months. I emailed them 3 times in the interval and finally rang the main HR contact number, and only then was I let know that I hadn't been successful. I wasn't given any feedback except that "the other person was a little bit better" than me. I don't regard this as useful feedback in any way. I liked the company and all the employees I met during the process, but it seems ironic given the amount of hoops applicants have to jump through to prove their professionalism that HR then treat applicants in this way. The HR rep was uncertain about the rules for reapplying, but given how negative this experience was in the end I don't think I'd bother.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked when I would like to start the job as it involved a relocation for my family and the start date was only 6 weeks from the interview. We then discussed different possibilities for a delayed start date, which I appreciated.   Answer Question

Student Recruitment Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Three weeks after the application I got an email for an onsite interview. This was a competence based interview after that I got invited for a second interview for which I was requested to prepare a presentation. I was rejected after this second interview and overall the process took 2 months aprox since I applied.
    Pros: Very professional interviews (presentation, competence based & scenarios), interviewers are very nice, detailed feedback on rejection.
    Cons: very long process, not a clear contact during the process as you keep getting emails from different recruiters and coordinators, the job description is standard and not accurate (you realise this during the recruitment process), no info about conditions until offer so you might as well be investing time in interviewing for something that does not align with your expectations.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop yourself? What are the UK labour market trends for students? Tell me of a time when you managed a poor performer. If a manager tells you that they only want to hire women what would you do?   Answer Question