EY Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 22, 2017

292 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After submitting you need to do standard CAPP tests - numerical, verbal, logical. These aren't too difficult.
    The next step is the telephone interview - this is strengths based with someone who is writing down your answers. The process was a bit strange with a lot of pauses but the questions weren't too difficult.
    After that was the Assessment Centre - this is split into three stages. A paired exercise where you use the research you had to do beforehand and discuss with a partner and an assessor. A group exercise where you're time limited and need to pick out strengths you feel are important before giving a presentation. The conclusion is an individual exercise where you need to answer some questions on a laptop. Overall it's very relaxed and if you're prepared can be enjoyable.
    The Partner interview is the final step, it's a 1 hour interview with a senior that includes a presentation. Preparation is key.

Interview Questions

• Why EY? Why this service line? Why this location?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to follow strict instructions to finish a task? How important is it to follow the instructions?   Answer Question

Graduate Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

After submitting your application, you will need to pass the situational judgement test, numerical test, and verbal test. The verbal test is not just 'true, false, cannot say' questions, but also on grammar and vocabulary.

Next, you will face a phone interview, which lasts about 20 mins. Not a fan of phone interviews due to the fact that it lacks the personal touch, still better than digital interviews though.

Branding and Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

The interview process itself was relatively straightforward. It consisted of a pre screening call, an hour telephone competency based interview and a F2F interview with 2 managers in the London office.

Recruitment process itself however was extremely disorganised. My interview date and time were changed last minute twice. I got one email from one person saying I had made it to the next round and then 30 minutes later from another email saying I hadn't been successful. I had to call and clarify which it was.

I then travelled over 400 miles to attend the final interview and was told a hiring manager would be in touch the following week. 2 weeks went past and I hadn't heard anything so I politely followed up. I was told that the hiring manager had since left and someone else would be in touch with me to discuss. Another week goes by and nothing. A month after final interview I send another follow up and was completely ignored.
    Very unprofessional considering I had gone to a lot of trouble as a candidate to progress through the recruitment rounds and travel hundreds of miles for final interview. I didn't even receive a rejection notification. I am also still waiting on flight expenses to be reimbursed 6 weeks after the interview.

Considering EY market themselves as "2017 Best place to work"- the recruitment process certainly does not reflect this.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to manage multiple complex projects   Answer Question

Summeradvisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for the summer internship program in advisory. The application consisted of 5 psychometric tests (numerical, verbal, business strengths, mindset, personality), a phone interview and a final assessment centre. EY were very quick in telling me I had progressed (within 1-2 days of each stage).
    Unlike most companies, EY's model is strengths based, ie are you naturally good at something. The assessment centre definitely revealed this, as it consisted of 2 group exercises and one written exercise. Although the assessment centre was easier than I have experienced, I did find it meant it was harder to stand out amongst the rest of the other candidates. I would advise any prospective applicants who make it to the assessment centre to make sure they carry out the prework they set, and to make sure you are up to date with any current events. Read HBS, FT etc.

Financial Services Consulting - Technology Consulting Grad Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted interview online and then received emails to complete a situation judgement test as well as verbal and numerical reasoning. Next stage was a telephone interview which I passed, but my application was then put on hold due to the high number of applicants ahead of me in the process.

IT Risk Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Online assessments were fairly straight forward and similar to other graduate schemes.
    THe interview was not what i was expecting and did not ask me questions i was expecting as it was 'strengths based'

Graduate Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Online Applications followed by situational strengths test, Numerical and Verbal reasoning tests, followed by a strengths based telephone interview. Had I gone on this would have been followed by and Assessment Centre and partner interview.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of 'How do you feel about following rules and regulations?'   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 interviews going through experience and competency based questions, experience in managing teams, examples of past situations, why did I want to work at EY, was I applying for other jobs, why was I the right person for the job, how did I deal with constructive criticism, etc

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Interviews and case studies. They are the typical auditing firm kind of interview process in which a lot of tests are made to make sure you know the minimums as the number os applicants is huge and the number of vacancies as well.

Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

First I had to do a couple of psychometric tests (numerical and verbal) followed by a telephone interview that was based on strengths questions (essentially questions about what you enjoy doing versus regular competency questions)