EY Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.9

Audit Staff I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Attended a bunch of networking event to meet and talk to professionals. Applied through career website on campus and their company's link. Got a first round interview which included two 30-minute interviews with one manager and one senior manager. The interviewers went through my resume and asked questions off of my resume. It was pretty much conversational but at one point I felt like I was attacked by questions. When I asked questions back, one of the interviewers didn't even seem to want to answer my question at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have to deal with someone difficult and how you resolved it   Answer Question

TAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

GREAT interview process though it was hard. Submitted CV and Cover through school's job website, contacted within two weeks for first round which was at my school. 45-1hr with one person and was very conversational. Be able to talk about yourself in a positive friendly manner. Second round contacted within 3 days by phone call, setup a flight to Dallas for centralized second round (7 sessions I was session/week 7 of second round interviews). About 100-200 kids per session I'd guess. Dinner reception at the hotel first night was informal talking and getting to know people, then next day was three one-on-one interviews round robin style 1hr each. You're in a group of three students and there are three interviewers which rotate in separate rooms. Basically you're competing against the kids in your rotation (but pretty positive they don't cap classes so all three students in a rotation group could get hired). Prepare for case interview, know how to do basic strategy analysis. Was notified a few days later of offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic about my past internships etc.
      How would you define... (gives you an EY catch phrase)
      What makes a good team/leader/project
      How do you deal with problem coworkers (have stories prepared)
      Why EY?
      Do you really want to travel and be a consultant? How come?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Salary flex depending on location you preferenced. Signing bonus is 10%. One week to respond. Called me, then offer sent via email.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Good, effective, quick, and rewarding.. The decision was made pretty soon.. Interview with a Manager, Senior Manager, and a Partner. Four oral interviews and then a written case interview

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews - 1st by phone, 2nd in person with a case, and 3rd flown out to an office with a case. The people were really cool and it was a pretty fun experience. Different people interviewed me on each round.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Deloitte?   1 Answer

Transaction Advisory Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

They recruited on campus and immediately started with a case question. It was unexpected and a little bit of a turnoff given the relatively smaller group you'd be working with and the importance of cultural fit. The interviewer was very nice and seemed genuine. I got stuck on the case question and he nicely walked me through what his thoughts were on it.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Irvine, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I went through a head hunter and had 3 interviews. It was intimidating as it is a Big 4 accounting Firm and it is very corporate. But the people were pretty nice and I got through it.

Interview Questions

• I always hate when they ask my greatest weakness!!! They all asked this and what kind of culture I was looking for. Honestly I hate to focus on the negative and if I'm looking for a job most likely I don't care about the culture - I just need to pay my bills!!! But seriously, of course everyone wants a friendly fun environment to work in but do you was that to a bunch of stiff Accountants? Fun isn't on the agenda here!!   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Go through many interviews, make sure you are very prepared they will ask you lots of questions

Interview Questions

• Name a current event going on in the accounting industry currently   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Amazing process. The super day was really pleasant. The case study was not too difficult. Everyone was really nice and we went out to lunch afterwards. It consisted of 6 30-minute interviews with different members of the team. I could really see how awesome the team was and how well they work together.

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I was referred from a partner from a different office in another state who reached out to a recruiter for me. She later contacted the right different recruiter, who asked for my resume and transcript. She quickly set up an interview with a Tax Manager.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you make a very complicated calculation in excel for a client who is going to make a decision. After you reviewed it a couple of times you notice you are going to save the client $10 million in taxes. You give it to your senior and your partner, who review your work. They agree on your calculation and tell the client about the tax savings and the meeting to finalize the transaction is tomorrow. It's 9 o'clock at night and you are finalizing the paperwork, and you suddenly realize you made a careless mistake on excel and instead of putting a minus, you put a plus, so the client is not going to save $10 million, but is going to owe $10 million.
      What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
      2 Answers

ITRA Advisory Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screening
    - 30 Minute phone conversation with a manager

In-House Interview
    - 2 Behavioral
    - 1 Case

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was sent. Little room for negotiation as an intern