EY Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

EY Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Staff I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Attended a bunch of networking event to meet and talk to professionals. Applied through career website on campus and their company's link. Got a first round interview which included two 30-minute interviews with one manager and one senior manager. The interviewers went through my resume and asked questions off of my resume. It was pretty much conversational but at one point I felt like I was attacked by questions. When I asked questions back, one of the interviewers didn't even seem to want to answer my question at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have to deal with someone difficult and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Transaction Advisory Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

They recruited on campus and immediately started with a case question. It was unexpected and a little bit of a turnoff given the relatively smaller group you'd be working with and the importance of cultural fit. The interviewer was very nice and seemed genuine. I got stuck on the case question and he nicely walked me through what his thoughts were on it.

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I was referred from a partner from a different office in another state who reached out to a recruiter for me. She later contacted the right different recruiter, who asked for my resume and transcript. She quickly set up an interview with a Tax Manager.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you make a very complicated calculation in excel for a client who is going to make a decision. After you reviewed it a couple of times you notice you are going to save the client $10 million in taxes. You give it to your senior and your partner, who review your work. They agree on your calculation and tell the client about the tax savings and the meeting to finalize the transaction is tomorrow. It's 9 o'clock at night and you are finalizing the paperwork, and you suddenly realize you made a careless mistake on excel and instead of putting a minus, you put a plus, so the client is not going to save $10 million, but is going to owe $10 million.
      What do you do? How do you handle the situation?   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Initially had a screening type interview with someone from HR. They were very nice and personable, however, I noted that they didn't really discuss the benefits so much of working at E&Y and with the specific group I was interested in (change management). It was a very surface level interview. I then had a phone interview focused on skills which they did an excellent job of diving deep and broad to uncover change management experiences, based on our conversation I was confident this individual also knew change management. Again though, the time allotted didn't really allow me an opportunity to ask questions about the company and get a feel for the team. Wasn't overly concerned because the final interviews would be another opportunity for that. Was flown out for interview with executive and a couple individuals in the group. The interviews went very deep and I got the sense were more specific to project needs rather than overall fit. Was increasingly sensing that specialization was what they were looking for, which wasn't necessarily what I was looking for. The interviews also took a turn when I realized I was there to meet only the exec in person and the other interviews would be virtual. Admittedly it turned me off that I was flown out for interviews to essentially only meet one person in-person, it gave me a sense that the interview wasn't that important to them. When I asked questions about how they differentiate themselves in the market, and how they aligned with the greater organization the answers were very immature in my opinion. For interviewers that go very deep skill and experience-wise and then to stay on the surface when asked and probed about their own company direction and that of the team, it gave me the sense that leadership wasn't really sure what their strategy was, just that they may need change management people at some point. I was also turned off to the company by the executive after he only allowed about 2 minutes for me to ask questions of him and the organization and seemed disinterested and overly hurried once we weren't talking about me and what I could do for him. Maybe E&Y is getting so many great candidates that they don't feel the need to sell the candidate themselves on why they should be excited about E&Y. Ultimately, I left without being sold on why I should join them. I give them credit though because they decided not to make an offer and I mutually agreed it was not a great fit based on the interviews, so I think they saw that culturally the team-based and collaborative consulting culture I better align with was not a good fit for how they run their business. My sense is this is a company and group that hasn't figured out how they plug back into consulting. I also got a sense that they were quite risk averse and rigid, which was the opposite of what I expected given their infancy in getting back into consulting, it was not the entrepreneurial culture I expected.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about how you've attempted to sell change management to your internal colleagues?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Was asked a couple of behavioral question. Include interest, experience. Why you want to work in the firm. How you would handle certain situations. Hows well you work with in a group or alone. How you resolve conflicts. What do you see yourself doing in x years time. These types of questions.

Interview Questions

• Recall a situation when you have to change a plan in the last minute. how you react to it   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

This was an on campus interview. I was prepared for most of the questions, but the last question, I didn't anticipate. You have to be perfect for this company. If you answer a question that is not the perfect answer that they want to hear, you're screwed. It's totally unfair for them to expect you to have the perfect answer to a question you didn't anticipate. You lose the job even though you know you're fully qualified.

Advisory Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round interview was a case study and then the second part is about behavioral questions. Both combined is around an hour long. The behavioral questions can be found if you search Google.

Interview Questions

• Case study about whether a bank should acquire another bank   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

apply through school career center, on campus interview, back to back, 30 min each. Pretty straight forward overall. going over your resume, behavior questions. Interviewers were cordial and nice. The partner talked most of the time, I guess that's will I screwed up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you deal with a conflict with your groupmate?   Answer Question

Diversified Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

On campus interview last year with two senior tax managers. Mostly behavioral questions. The entire interview was one hour which is longer than the interviews I had with other firms.

Data Analytics In FSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

2 rounds interview, one on-campus, and one onsite. But I waited for almost 2 months to get the onsite interview. For the onsite interview, I flew to LA. the final round includes 3 half hour interviews, but most of them were behavioural questions rather than technical questions

Interview Questions

• All behaviour questions in on-campus interview, like why EY, why Big four, tell me a difficulty, etc. Onsite interview includes 3 half-hour interview. There was a person asking some technical questions, like how to manipulate big database, what is the main trend for US economy, etc.   Answer Question