EY Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2016

2.9

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied through the college recruitment website. It was a 1 on 1 interview. Lasted 30 minutes. First 10 to 15 minutes were behavioral questions, which was easy. then the last 15 minutes was a case question. be prepared

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Two campus interviews (one with a Manager, and one with a Partner).The interviews were behavioral based, no technical questions. The second round in-house interview was mostly meeting with partners and other EY staff, presentations about the company, and lunch.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked in a team and one of your team-mates wasn't pulling their weight   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college. I was interviewed by the partner. She was nice and friendly. She introduced herself first. She asked mainly behavioral questions and then allow 10 minutes left for me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• why tax? how do you handle conflict in group? you long term goal?   Answer Question

IT Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview was done in 2 stages. One with the Executive Director and the other with the Partner. Both conducted via a telephone call.
    The discussions were clear and concise and covered past experience and future growth potential.
    Overall process is a bit slow as things tend to drag on.

Interview Questions

• Reason for Move, What I would bring to EY, Why EY and breath and depth of experience   Answer Question

Transaction Integration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I submitted my application online and then one day later I got an e-mail requesting a phone interview. The interviewer was an Human Resources contact that basically asked the typical questions such as why did you leave your last job, Why do you want to work for E&Y etc.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Paid Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

I had a telephone interview. It was a very comfortable conversation about my work experience and how it would contribute to the firm. The people that I interacted with were very friendly. It was a terrific experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain the implementation and costs of new processes.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus career center and they got back to me within a couple weeks saying that I would receive a first round interview. First round was over the phone for about 30 minutes and purely conversational and about my background and why I wanted to work at EY. He asked me if I had any questions for him and it ended shortly after that. I was invited back for a super day about 2 weeks later. It was two 30-40 minute interviews that were 95% behavioral/fit. The interviews were easy and the employers that interviewed me were really chill.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you received negative feedback and how did you react?   Answer Question

Advisory Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (East Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Very calm interview. The interviewer wanted to know my personality and character. Nothing really technical. Just behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to resolve a conflict within a group?   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied for the Emerging Leaders Program via my school's career center website. Had to submit a resume and cover letter, nothing out of the ordinary. I heard back from the recruiter a few days later letting me know that she wanted to schedule a phone interview with a manager for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult teammate.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty standard. First round interviews were on campus, with an interview pre-night at a local bowling alley beforehand. Second round interviews were in the EY office in LA for a super day, which included a lunch and three interviews - behavioral, case, behavioral.

Interview Questions

• There really were no curveball questions asked. All questions were pretty reasonable, including the case, which again was not any more difficult than other case questions asked.   Answer Question

The interview process for EY Advisory occurs too early to even consider other consulting firms. I'm looking mostly at the Big 3, so I'll likely have to turn this offer down even before opportunities arise for other interviews.