EY Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

106 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Initially had a screening type interview with someone from HR. They were very nice and personable, however, I noted that they didn't really discuss the benefits so much of working at E&Y and with the specific group I was interested in (change management). It was a very surface level interview. I then had a phone interview focused on skills which they did an excellent job of diving deep and broad to uncover change management experiences, based on our conversation I was confident this individual also knew change management. Again though, the time allotted didn't really allow me an opportunity to ask questions about the company and get a feel for the team. Wasn't overly concerned because the final interviews would be another opportunity for that. Was flown out for interview with executive and a couple individuals in the group. The interviews went very deep and I got the sense were more specific to project needs rather than overall fit. Was increasingly sensing that specialization was what they were looking for, which wasn't necessarily what I was looking for. The interviews also took a turn when I realized I was there to meet only the exec in person and the other interviews would be virtual. Admittedly it turned me off that I was flown out for interviews to essentially only meet one person in-person, it gave me a sense that the interview wasn't that important to them. When I asked questions about how they differentiate themselves in the market, and how they aligned with the greater organization the answers were very immature in my opinion. For interviewers that go very deep skill and experience-wise and then to stay on the surface when asked and probed about their own company direction and that of the team, it gave me the sense that leadership wasn't really sure what their strategy was, just that they may need change management people at some point. I was also turned off to the company by the executive after he only allowed about 2 minutes for me to ask questions of him and the organization and seemed disinterested and overly hurried once we weren't talking about me and what I could do for him. Maybe E&Y is getting so many great candidates that they don't feel the need to sell the candidate themselves on why they should be excited about E&Y. Ultimately, I left without being sold on why I should join them. I give them credit though because they decided not to make an offer and I mutually agreed it was not a great fit based on the interviews, so I think they saw that culturally the team-based and collaborative consulting culture I better align with was not a good fit for how they run their business. My sense is this is a company and group that hasn't figured out how they plug back into consulting. I also got a sense that they were quite risk averse and rigid, which was the opposite of what I expected given their infancy in getting back into consulting, it was not the entrepreneurial culture I expected.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about how you've attempted to sell change management to your internal colleagues?   Answer Question

Senior Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I went through 10+ interviews with various recruiters, directors, partners and peer-level employees. Most interviews were pretty casual. We'd go over my resume, skills, experience, etc. I really liked everyone. They seemed to truly love the company and their job. My advice it to just be yourself!

Interview Questions

• Tell me something personal about yourself that you think I would find interesting.   1 Answer
    • I want you to rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 when it comes to ______ and back that up with specifics.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate. The offer was excellent and you can't beat the benefits of a company like this.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Was asked a couple of behavioral question. Include interest, experience. Why you want to work in the firm. How you would handle certain situations. Hows well you work with in a group or alone. How you resolve conflicts. What do you see yourself doing in x years time. These types of questions.

Interview Questions

• Recall a situation when you have to change a plan in the last minute. how you react to it   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview was conducted on campus. The person was really friendly and the interview was divided into 3 phases: resume overview, behavioral questions and small talk.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with someone difficult? If so, how did you solve the problem?   1 Answer

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

The interview process was two step. There was a quick interview on campus, which did not last very long...only about 30 minutes. Mostly behavioral.

The second round in office was longer, 8am-3pm. THe questions were mostly behavioral and resume based, although they were a bit tougher. The work culture seems to be very diligent, but people are nice and friendly.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

This was an on campus interview. I was prepared for most of the questions, but the last question, I didn't anticipate. You have to be perfect for this company. If you answer a question that is not the perfect answer that they want to hear, you're screwed. It's totally unfair for them to expect you to have the perfect answer to a question you didn't anticipate. You lose the job even though you know you're fully qualified.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was taking place at my university in between classes. It was very casual and the interviewer was easy going. It was like having a conversation with a friend.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Irvine, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The HR personnel gave an extremely highly level summary of the job but only when I spoke with the actual team did I get a clearer understanding of the opportunity. The job sounded interesting and during the interview I meet with 8 people. Through all of these interactions I fell in love with the opportunity. the team has changed and grown even stronger from my initial meeting. It was a good exposure of the team and the type of environment within EY.

Interview Questions

• expand on the type of projects that I have worked on? Describe difficult client interaction   Answer Question

ACP - Technology Advisory Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I went through 1 round of resume screening and 2 rounds of in-person interviews during campus recruiting. The overall interviews were well-planned: I met with a local partner for my first round, went over my resume and related experience, with mostly behavioral questions. I was called for entering the second round and invited to attend the super day in Dallas, where they put you through networking events and spoke to more EY managers. I met with 3 interviewers and had a case interview which was a breeze. The entire recruiting process (from submitting my resume to receive the offer) took about 1.5 months.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of how you work in group?   1 Answer

Advisory Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round interview was a case study and then the second part is about behavioral questions. Both combined is around an hour long. The behavioral questions can be found if you search Google.

Interview Questions

• Case study about whether a bank should acquire another bank   1 Answer