EY Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Burbank, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

You will likely be asked questions about your teamwork skills, your interpersonal relations, your management style or your ability to work in a diverse environment. Review the job posting again and try to anticipate other likely areas of questioning, and prepare honest and concise answers that highlight relevant aspects of your work history and life experience. Remember that there may be questions you did not anticipate: when this happens, breathe and take a moment to think through your experiences to find the best answers.

On the day of the interview, dress appropriately and arrive early, calm and mentally prepared. Bring a list of references if you did not already include them in the resume you submitted. And, most importantly, don’t forget to relax and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Closed questions that demonstrate your knowledge by requiring a specific factual answer.
      Open-ended questions that are broader in scope and require you to work through the answer.
      Situational questions that describe a hypothetical situation and ask how you would proceed in those circumstances.
      Behavioural questions that ask you to describe a time in your own history when you dealt with a certain situation, and to explain how you dealt with it.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

apply through school career center, on campus interview, back to back, 30 min each. Pretty straight forward overall. going over your resume, behavior questions. Interviewers were cordial and nice. The partner talked most of the time, I guess that's will I screwed up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you deal with a conflict with your groupmate?   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy. Had two people interviewing me at different time at 30 minutes each person. The vibe from the interview was very chill and laid back. Don't need to worry too much about it. The first person was kind of serious one out of the two but without doubt with a little bit of preparation and experience it should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself   1 Answer

IT Risk and Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university. The first interview took place in our university and it took them 2-3 weeks to contact me for the 2nd round interview. The 2nd round interview (in-house) took 6hrs in total. It was divided into 3 types of interview, behavioral, case study and group. The process was smooth and a day before my in-house interview I got assigned with a buddy from EY which made it better cause I get to ask tips and be more comfortable during the in house.

Diversified Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

On campus interview last year with two senior tax managers. Mostly behavioral questions. The entire interview was one hour which is longer than the interviews I had with other firms.

Data Analytics In FSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

2 rounds interview, one on-campus, and one onsite. But I waited for almost 2 months to get the onsite interview. For the onsite interview, I flew to LA. the final round includes 3 half hour interviews, but most of them were behavioural questions rather than technical questions

Interview Questions

• All behaviour questions in on-campus interview, like why EY, why Big four, tell me a difficulty, etc. Onsite interview includes 3 half-hour interview. There was a person asking some technical questions, like how to manipulate big database, what is the main trend for US economy, etc.   Answer Question

IT Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of in person interviews with a case study and a writing test. Interview questions are mainly behavioral based. There has been some time pressure in the case study. The case is not difficult.

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

main part of the interview was behavior questions. I did not have any technical question through the process. The first round was campus interview, and after was second round by visiting their office.
    the communication with campus recruiter was quite important for my case since I switched the office from San Jose to LA. They helped me a lot, and the switch was smooth.

Interview Questions

• how do you treat multiple tasks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

reach out the recruiters more to sell yourself.

FSO Tax Staff Interview

Application

Interview

First round interview on campus with two interviewers, mostly behavioral questions. Second round in-house interview was with two interviewers and one panel of 7 staff employees where you could ask questions. Was then brought out to lunch after.

Advisory Staff- TAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Four interviews total, one on campus, three at super day. The first one on campus is mainly behavioral. After about a week, I received an email inviting me to have my final interviews at Dallas. At Dallas, they first invited me to a networking dinner. The food was great and you get to meet some of your interviewers. The next day, there are three interviews. One is case, the other two are behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions that start with if you were a manager and you don't get along with your boss and etc.   Answer Question
    • Leadership, team work, have you thought outside of the box, have used a global mindset to solve a problem...   Answer Question