EY Interview Questions in Malaysia | Glassdoor

EY Interview Questions in Malaysia

Updated May 11, 2017

2.7

Tax Interview

Interview

Phone Interview, the interviewer was friendly and cooperative. The questions were rather personal, had been expecting more technical interview questions. The interview ended pleasantly with the interviewer sharing her experience in the workplace. The process of the offer letter was extremely fast, received my offer in less than 1 week's time.

Interview Questions

• How to resolve conflicts in a team?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY in May 2017.

Interview

Go in and wait , fill up a form, answer a 30 mins general ques essay, then interview with two directors from audit. - Penang branch. Directors are nice but they are trying to scare candidates off by teling about tough audit life and all that.

Interview Questions

• What is Deferred tax
      Tell me about yourself
      What is bank reconciliation
      Why audit
      The rest is just general get to know you question
      Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewers were friendly and pretty much down to earth. They want to learn and know as much as possible from the interview about you. No matter how you answer, they want to know the real you only.

Interview Questions

• Strength and weaknesses, Why EY and not the other big four   2 Answers

Audit Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY in January 2017.

Interview

Online application
    Phone screening (questions asked by hr based on ur resume, basically on result, co curricular activities)
    Written assessment before interview
    1 to 1 interview (director or manager)
    Two weeks processing time after the interview to the final result

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melaka (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Melaka (Malaysia)) in January 2017.

Interview

1.online application via website
    2.confirm for interview
    3.writing essay
    4.1-1 partner interview

The interviewer was very nice and make further explanation on interviewee's questions. Enjoyable process.
    General questions and little bit accounting standard questions.

Interview Questions

• 1.What is the latest changes in accounting standard?
      2.Where do you see yourself in future?
      3.Tell me about yourself.
      4.Tell me one accounting standard.
      5.Ask about Deferred Tax.
      6.Any question? For example each role in the accounting firm.
      1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was run smoothly. Its is one to one interviewer between the Partner.Partner is so friendly. They only took one week to inform the result. Overall the interviewer was very fun.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very kind. I was not prepare for the initial call and I almost failed the interview. The interviewer gave me one more chance and called me the next day for a new interview. Overall, it was a pleasant interview, more like a chit chat style conversation. Nothing technical was asked.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Why EY?
      Why the particular department?
      How you handle conflict in your team
      Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in September 2016.

Interview

Not a friendly interview process, of course they did ask some normal question, but they also asked some sarcastic question like why your grades is bad, why you didnt make some changes since your grades are dropping. If the company HR only focus on the result, should have filter earlier since I have include my result in my resume, instead of wasting people's time.

Interview Questions

• As a recruiter, what question will you ask to the candidates when you call him/her?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was scheduled at 4pm but I went in earlier than that. So candidate should arrive there earlier. Plus u have to fill up the form.
    The whole process took around a month
    Flow:
    1. Apply online
    2 Phonescreening
    3. 1 to 1 interview
    4. Interview's final result

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in September 2016.

Interview

Requested for transcript then called for interview one to one. Asked about my cv and work experience. Why audit? Why EY ? Asked about results and achievements
    Challenges faced during work. What changes will I make from previous work experience. Important to know which department the interviewer is from. Financial services or manufacturing.