EY Interview Questions in Malaysia | Glassdoor

2.7

107 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in November 2017.

Interview

The whole process took a month. I applied through an employee referral. I got a call from the HR team a day after I sent my CV and cover letter. She asked questions like "Tell me about yourself" "Why EY" "What paper do you wanna take" "Which industry do you want to work in". The HR lady was really nice so just be confident when talking and you have to ask questions at the end of the interview.

Got an email asking to complete an online assessment 2 weeks later. It was just a behavioural test to make sure that you fit into the culture at EY.

A week later, I got an email for an invitation for an interview with the senior manager at EY. You need to first complete a written assessment when you arrive at EY before the interview. The manager was really friendly and it was more of a chit chat session as he really wanted to know me as a person. Make sure that you know what you want to achieve by working at EY as he said that many people applied for the job just for the exposure that they'd receive. Make sure that you know how life as an auditor is like (long working hours, meeting deadlines) and I think that you'll be fine. The interview took over an hour and from what I gathered, if it lasts that long, then you have a high chance of getting the job.

Internship Interview

Interview

Manager is good and friendly. Was expecting question related to resume such as behaviour, experiences in society, and things done in university, but it turns out to be questions about academic

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shah Alam (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Shah Alam (Malaysia)) in October 2017.

Interview

There are 2 interviewers from HR and also partners. It
    Takes around 20-30 minutes depand on interviewer. Only face to face interview. Focus on your background and interested in job position you apply.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shah Alam (Malaysia)

Application

Interview

I did mock interview with the HR recruiter during job matching programme in my college.

It was a face to face and group interview.

It took about 30 or 40 minutes

The process of my next application is within 2 weeks before continuing to next assessment.

Interview Questions

• 1. family background

2. why do you choose accounting

3. why do you prefer big firm

4. why audit (position)

5. academic related question (taxation, eg; tax avoidance)

6. why do you take full time ACCA (as currently, I'm a full time ACCA student)   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, the questions were quite general, they will ask about some knowledge related to the job you applied (for my case is audit), ask about your co curricular activities. The interviewer was friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what are your strength/weakness, why audit, why ey   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY in September 2017.

Interview

Applied from EY career website, get called for phone interview 2 weeks after. The call was from HR department, asking simple stuff like my internship duration, my availability and student visa, what do you know about EY, and what do you know about the job you are applying.

Interview Questions

• Have you apply to other big 4 firm?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in September 2017.

Interview

Hr is nice. Easy and relax interview. They like person with passionate. You would need to do a simple research before the interview. Be sure you know and understand their background.

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in September 2017.

Interview

There was a short written assessment before the actual interview. The actual interview was close to an hour with the partner asking many questions ranging from academic to non academic and personal life.

Audit Interview

Interview

Applied online and get a phone interview after 2 working days. Was asked to complete online assessment and have not received any reply . Plan to email or call the recruiter to ensure my status of application.

Associate Interview

Interview

Phone screened with HR first. Then completed an online assessment. And proceeded to the interview. Interviewer was friendly and very engaging conversation between both parties. It was an enjoyable interview experience overall.