EY Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EY Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Seattle, WA).

Interview

3 interviews spread out over 3 weeks. Each progressively more technical than the previous. Mainly questions about different security use cases and implementations that I had experience with. The first two lasted about 45 min the last one was over Skype and lasted just under two hours.

Interview Questions

• What are some cyber security use cases you have implemented in the past.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First had a phone screen with the HR and a month later a technical phone screen. After the tech screen had to follow up for close to 3 months and the onsite round was scheduled. Onsite round was 4 back to back interviews. After the onsite round never heard back from the HR on offer or reject. They just stopped responding. For a professional firm, one of the most lengthy and unprofessional interview processes.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with a handful of partners back to back for four or so hours. Very straight forward interview approach; each partner appeared to have a specific objective to focus on (personality, background, technical ability, job requirements etc). Partners were all polished, open, and friendly. Didn't land an offer, but it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Since a fair amount of travel and client face time was part of the job, they focused on whether I was comfortable switching from a software development career path to a project management role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

EY has methodic interview process. First recruiter will call you to understand your profile, fitment to the job and company and any specific interests. Then recruiter will come back with interview schedule which is typically 2 telephonic that includes 1 technical and 1 functional/process/management. If through, you will be called for onsite interview which is called as super day. Here 5 people will interview you in different areas and determine your fitment.

Interview Questions

• Elevation pitch
      Where do you see yourself in next 5 years.
      Distributed web technologies, angularjs, 2 way data binding
      How will you ensure team is following best practices and standards for development   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EY (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Great people and met lots of wonderful opportunities. They worked hard to get to know me, and I met with a number of people who gave me great info into the culture and corporate environment at EY. I'm excited to be beginning a new phase of my career with this team.

Interview Questions

• Q. When you're in a presentation and encounter something that you need to know that wasn't answered how do you present your questions.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied through recruiter and the conversation was pleasant. Phone interview was entirely technical and many detailed coding questions were asked. First interviewer did not follow the schedule and extended the session from half an hour to one hour. Many unexpected challenging questions asked, e.g. have you fired an employee? Terrible experience with EY.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring team made the most of my time by combining interviews. Everyone was extremely friendly and showed enthusiasm for their working experience. Interviewers asked specific questions related to my past experiences, and gave every opportunity for me to ask them questions about the company.

Interview Questions

I still had anxiety about the big firm reputation. But I have to say, this was extremely difficult to turn down after the quality of people I'd met through the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA).

Interview

Very disorganized process that lasted over 9 months to offer; multiple no shows that required rescheduling. EY did not seem understand or communicate to each other my interests as an applicant. I was constantly having to re-explain what about the practice appealed to me, and what I was actively not interested in. Their most pressing question concerned my tolerance for travel.

Interview Questions

Ultimately, the lack of clarity around my role within the practice, combined with an offer that would require me to take a pay cut coming from the industry, led me to decline.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Long series of interviews: 1) recruiter, 2) HR Partner, 4) Senior Manager, and then 4) onsite interview with a consultant, a Senior Manager, and a Partner. All interviewers were kind and professional. Under different circumstances, I would be very interested in joining one of their teams. In fact, I still consider it. All interviewers were honest and sincere about their own experiences, good and bad. I am far more impressed by that honesty than by a firm who tries to show only the positive sides.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Two pre-screen pone interviews and t h r e e real interviews in person in Chicago and in New York. Company paid for expenses. 30 words 30 words 30 words 30 words 30 words 30 words 30 words

Interview Questions

• General questions about why I wanted to be a consultant   1 Answer