EY Interview Questions in McLean, VA | Glassdoor

EY Interview Questions in McLean, VA

2.9

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruiter. Had one interview with a partner (he flew out to our campus), then was invited for a fly out to my preferred office. Office fly out consisted of two interviews, a panel for questions, and a snack/lunch. Got an offer for an internship the same day (what I applied for).

As for the interview questions, EVERYTHING is behavioral based. They seem really team focused, so be sure to brush up on your team based experiences to talk about in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult time with a team   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was really easy. We had on campus interviews then I got invited to the office interview. Took about two weeks to hear back after the office interview that I had gotten the internship. Everyone I met during the office visit was incredibly welcoming and made you feel comfortable. Mainly behavioral questions in the two interviews but they also were trying to get to know you as a person. I also had some really great questions to ask the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handle balancing a lot of important tasks at once.   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

First-round involved on-campus behavioral interviews by two EY managers. The second-round was coupled with an office visit and a case interview (no math or heavy computation involved). You also have to complete a writing sample days before your visit; it was like answering an SAT writing prompt in an allocated time period. The employees and interviewers were extremely helpful and supportive during the entire process.

Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

1st interview was a behavioral interview on campus. 2nd interview was a super day at the McLean office, with two behavioral interviews and 1 case interview. After that you meet some more folks around the office. Within a week I got the internship.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you used leadership among a group to deliver a finished product.   Answer Question

Federal Advisory Practice (Cybersecurity) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

My interview with EY occurred in two phases. The first one was with the Account manager while the second one was with the cyber security Manager. They were two separate thirty minutes sessions. It lasted for about an hour. They made you comfortable and knew how to break the ice so that you do not lose concentration.

Interview Questions

• The interview began with the interviewer telling you about the type of business the company is doing and then talked about himself before asking you the usual "Tell me about yourself" question. Usually most questions are asked on what you have on your resume (so be prepared to explain stuff you wrote on your resume). I was asked about a NIST Special publication pertaining to the job I was interviewing for. In a nutshell the interview was conversational. I left with a positive impression.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA).

Interview

1st round was a phone interview that included a behavioral fit portion and showing what you know about the company. The 2nd round was an in person interview in the office. There are other prospective candidates you have the chance to interact with. During the 2nd round interview, there are multiple one-on-one rounds. Depending on the division there will also be a technical component, case study, or writing segment.

Technology Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

The first round interview is OGI. It was planned for 45mins but actually took about 20mins. After 1-2 weeks I received an on site interview. The on site has 3 interviews, 2 behavioral + 1 case interview. After the interview you will have lunch with all the interviewees and currently employers.

Interview Questions

• One interview told me about a project he's currently doing and ask for my advice   Answer Question

Diversified Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy, they recruit heavily from my school. A couple pre-night dinners on campus where you get to know the current partners/employees, then one on campus interview, and then an office visit with a networking event and two partner interviews. Overall had a good experience, I had offer from GT for slightly more money but wanted to go big 4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Easy- done through Campus Recruiting, 1 interview on campus, interviewed with 2 people at the office. Interview was not difficult. Great employer, position reflected my odd major. I really enjoyed working for them. I did not get the full time offer unfortunately which was very surprising to me.

Interview Questions

• There was a case study at the end   2 Answers

FSO BAP Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

The first event I went to was a pre-interview reception at a nice restaurant near our campus. This was a great opportunity to talk to the recruiter as well as people who worked in the position I was hoping to get to. The next day I interviewed on campus in a 30 minute behavioral interview. I received a call that evening to tell me I had been selected for an office visit super day. In the super day the next week, they provided us with a nice breakfast/networking with current employees, a presentation about EY, and then went on to interviews. I did 2 behavioral interviews with a partner and manager, and then a case study interview with another manager. The case study was relatively informal and more of a conversation. After that, we were treated to lunch and then were done for the day. The entire day was well put together and very enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you worked in a team and had to inspire/motivate your teammates?   Answer Question