EY Interview Questions in Michigan | Glassdoor

Updated May 13, 2017

2.7

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview with EY was very engaging and interesting. I felt I could be myself and the people were very easy to talk to which is what I love about their company culture.

Diversified Tax Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I got a phone interview first. It was a very short but nice talk with senior manager. First is about introducing myself. Other questions are about the experiences I put on my resume such as my prior internship experience. I got to second round office visit but did not get the final offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews back-to-back and both interviewers were very friendly and helpful. They asked questions about my resume, as well as a few questions to "get to know me" Most questions were centered around teams and working in a team. Then they left time at the end to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to learn something complex and how you addressed it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had a poor group experience   Answer Question
    • What was your most successful team experience and what made the team successful?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a leadership position   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had many commitments/deadlines at once and how you prioritized   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I recruited on-campus and interview process was fairly simple. It was two 30-minute interviews back-to-back with a senior associate, director or partner, and both were very conversational. One of them was more behavioral based, the other was simply a conversation about interests and experiences. Overall, there weren't many difficult questions and the interviewers do a great job at making you feel relaxed and comfortable during the interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's career website, and had to apply additionally through EY's website. The information asked of me was basically the same as my resume, and a cover letter was required as well. It was a 100% behavioral interview, and more casual than regimented.

Standard questions were asked at the end, such as moments I overcame adversity and what my weakness/strengths were, but these seemed to be more of a standard procedure than core part of the interview.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Very comfortable. Questions were more about me then behavioral based. I found it to be more of a conversation than an interview. The interviewers seemed genuinely interested in learning more about me and my past experiences which made the overall interview easier. They were looking for honest responses rather than robot like responses.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Lansing, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

The first interview was done at my school. I was looking more into PwC and Deloitte so I was not too stressed about the interview. I had the opportunity to meet and talk to my interviewer the day before at a bowling event they held. We got along and I was able to share my stories with him. The next day, we hit off right we left off. He went over my resume for the most part but after that it was time for questions. I asked him some questions regarding the field I was interested in and the interview was over. After about 2 or 3 weeks, I got a phone interview from an executive director in New York. I spoke to the director for about an hour, again same format as the first interview. The difference in the second interview was I came prepared, expressed interest in specific clients and showed her that I had done my homework. The phone interview went pretty well and after a week, I received a call from the recruiter with an internship offer.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Detroit, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

ask behavioral questions and goal oriented questions. you get interviewed by three professionals. on e manager one partner and a staff usually takes you out to lunch after. You will get an office tour and the office waiting staff is really nice when you first arrive.

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Detroit, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

On campus recruiting event. Followed by on campus interview with manager level person. Lasted 30 minutes, a couple behavioral questions, mostly conversational. Got call back for on-site interview. There was a dinner/social event the night before interviews. The office interview was 3 - 30 minute interviews with two managers, and a director/partner. Each interview focused on different areas, one was about team work, another on technical skills, and the third was mostly about problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (Detroit, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview- 15 minutes technical questions, 15 minutes I asked questions

Interview Questions

• 1. Walk me through a DCF.
      2. What is WACC, how do you find it?
      3. When the discount rate increases what happens to the PV of cash flows?
      4. Is the Cost of Equity or the Cost of Debt higher?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Still in process for second round interview