EY Interview Questions in Moscow | Glassdoor

2.8

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (Moscow (Russia)).

Interview

The interview process included online application, several tests, three interviews. Tip: call and ask HR to find out which study books are helpful fot tests and interviews. I was advised to read something like accounting for dummies. There were three tests: numirical, logical and english language. Examples were easily found via internet. There were three 1:1 interviews with: HR, Manager and Partner. HR interview was primarely devoted to background questions. The tricky one was with Manager. It included several basic questions on Financial Statement Analysis. Partner based interview was pro forma only.

Forensic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EY (Moscow (Russia)) in September 2016.

Interview

Questions about previous work experience, foreign language knowledge. Additional the company representative answered my questions about the company and the department I was going to work with. Positive experience, great environment.

Valuation & Business Modeling Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Moscow (Russia)).

Interview

3 tests (English, logic and professional)
    Totally 2 interview:
    1- with HR (basic fit questions)
    2 - with Senior Manager and 2 Staffs (only technical questions - DCF, WACC, multiples, few accounting mini-cases)

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Moscow (Russia)) in June 2016.

Interview

A lot of tough technical questions. Interviewers did not have ready questions: they were making the numbers up right on spot and constantly changing the task itself - so it was quite difficult to catch what they meant. Each time I gave them answers they began trying to calculate the correct answer, but as they have already forgotten numbers it was a mess

Interview Questions

• acounting questions
      knowing all the acounts and how they are formed   Answer Question

Offer didn't tailor my needs

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Moscow (Russia)) in May 2015.

Interview

Standard process:
    maths and logic tests online
    interview with HR
    interview with manager
    Questions:
    interview with HR: mostly about CV, skills and motivation
    interview with manager: questions on basic knowledge of accounting
    managers are very pleasant
    questions were easy, did not require deep knowledge
    I prepared for the interview during one day
    everything was typical

Interview Questions

• interview with HR: mostly about CV, skills and motivation
      interview with manager: questions on basic knowledge of accounting   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Moscow (Russia)) in January 2015.

Interview

The first round interview was with a specialist from an HR department. Questions were quite simple and standart like "Tell me about you pluses". In the end the interviewer asked me som easiest questions on English. She was very nice person. The interview took 1 hour.
    The second round interview was maybe 1 week after the 1st one with 4 managers of Tax Depatment simultaneously. They asked some professional and personal questions. They seemed to be friendly (what appiared to be wrong later in working process) and helped me when they helped when I had difficulties. The interview took 1 hour too.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (Moscow (Russia)) in September 2014.

Interview

The recruiter called me herself and arrange tests for me for the next day. I thought the tests were pretty easy and I was allowed 2 hours to do all of them. They give you calculators there but there is not much to calculate there. It is more GMAT type of questions where they try to see your level of english and the level of your reading comprehension.

They checked my tests straight away and asked to wait for 30 min for the 1:1 interview. The interview was 45 mins and the questions I also thought were pretty easy.

M&A Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Moscow (Russia)) in April 2014.

Interview

Nothing complex.
    Make sure you know all the details of these topics:
     - Basic SHL/aptitude test and problem solving skills
    1. Basic Russian Accounting
    2. More advanced IFRS/US GAAP
    3. Three key valuation methods and their core principles
    4. In-depth DCF valuation
    5. English and Russian languages are the must
    6. Most of the key operational/accounting metrcis (i.e. EBIT, EBITDA, EPS, etc.), valuation multiples (i.e. EV/Rev, EV/EBITDA, P/E, etc.) and margins (Operational Margin, Debt/EBITDA, etc.)

Interview Questions

• You can expect to meet some really sophisticated cases of financial modelling if you are experienced and quite silly questins if you are only beginning your career at EY.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took about 1,5 months to get the offer from sitting the test

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Moscow (Russia)) in April 2014.

Interview

3 stage process with case study, phone call and then personal interview. The case study was similair to what I did during practice rounds. Phone interview was more intense than I expected, asked a lot of detailed questions that required thoughtful responses.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (Moscow (Russia)) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a very short and nice interview with a senior manager. I got an offer in two hours after the interview and accepted it. I did not prepare for the interview specifically. I just read Principles of corporate finance, watchew BIWS and read a book about accounting. I also worked for another BIF-4 company in audit as an intern, that helped me much understand the basics of BIG-4 job.