EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

240 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

FSO BAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through school, interviewed with an alumni, very nice people. First round all behavioral and easy chat. Invited to online writing, did not pass. I suppose if you do pass, you will be invited to mega day or something like that at their office.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Overall process was really good. I like the recruiting team the most, they give response on time and they are helpful. There was two stage of interview, one was telephonic and other was in person. I interviewed at NYC office. I had to go through three interviewers. First two are good and seems to be interesting and it was good interview. But the last one was the guy whom I never want to see again in interview process. He is the senior manager of the company and had 25 years of experience. He seems to be arrogant and rude. Also while I was answering he keeps looking at phone. It feels so bad when you answering someone and other person is like I don't care. EY should really look into that because that can demotivate people to apply for the company.

PS: If you find out that Indians are going to take your interview, then I will suggest its better not to go for interview.

Interview Questions

• 1.Tell me about yourself?
      2. Why you want to work with EY?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Had phone screens with recruiter and then a consultant. Neither seemed to know much about data science. Went in person and met with 4 people of various levels, fairly softball standard interview stuff. No technical screening other than a few ML 101 type questions. Then had another phone interview with a partner. Was told they wanted to make me an offer, ended up not making me one because they were not able to match my current salary.

Overall, I don't think they know much about Data Science or Machine Learning, nor do they know what people who have those skills are making.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral stuff (tell me about a time you had a conflict with your boss, etc.)   Answer Question
    • What are you working on right now?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred to EY and had a 30 minute phone call and then invited to NYC for a super day. I met with three different managers and we mostly discussed my previous experience. It more behavioral questions than technical although you need to speak to all comments on your resume.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain interest rate swaps   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Everyone was incredibly friendly and nice. The interview process went very smoothly and they were very helpful with any and all questions you had. It is definitely good to do your research on the company and come with plenty of questions.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were to gauge how well you would be at succeeding at the position.   1 Answer

TAP- FSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The first process was a on campus interview and it was fairly easy. The interviewer asked mainly behavorial questions. I moved on to the second round which was the EY office interview that consist of 2 behavioral and 1 case study.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work with a difficult person   1 Answer

Data Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. After a phone screening with the recruiter, I was able to clear the client phone interview also which was mostly business related and basic of statistics. Next was onsite which comprised of 4 rounds of 30 minutes each. The first round was with the Head of the department and it was very behavioural. The second round was a Senior Manager and it was on Machine Techniques and methods of solving problems involving Validations, Supervised Learning, Model Evaluations, the Business value from the models, etc. Some questions were also from the projects on resume. The third round was very technical and involved problem solving of 2 business scenarios with Machine Learning, Time series, mathematical derivations of almost all the commonly used algorithms, coding of projects on the resume with questions on why this and why not this, questions on various tools and the inside theory behind the Machine Learning inbuilt algorithms. The fourth round was on Algorithms to solve on paper for a business problem considering optimisation of memory and time also. Except for the third round, all was good. No offer was made in the end.

Interview Questions

• Statistics, Mathematics of Machine Learning Algorithms and APIs.   Answer Question

Senior Interview

Application

Interview

1. recruiter reached out to me on linkedin and scheduled a conversation about 20 mins
    2. phone interview by a sr manager in the pillar/sector i applied for
    3. on site interview by 1 executive director, 1 sr manager, and 1 manager
    4. another phone interview by a sr manager

Interview Questions

• first 3 rounds are regular interview questions. mostly talked about what i'm doing in my current job.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview
    First round interview on campus, very easy, walk me trough your resume + a few behavioral questions. There was also an online writing assessment.
    Second round was a megaday at their NYC office. Two half hour interviews that were behavioral with a few technical questions. Nothing too hard. Third interview was a case study - basically reading a 2 page story with no data and resolving the case pretending you are a EY consultant and the interviewer is the client.

Interview Questions

• How many Mexicans live in NYC   1 Answer

Salesforce Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I am really unsatisfied with the interview process and had a very negative experience. They took around 5 rounds and everything went very well and seems positive. I was old by the last interviewer that he is very positive and enjoyed speaking to me.
    The HR and coordinator were pretty bad and never respected my time before scheduling the interview. I was told that they even don't know the process.
    I was told by the last interviewer that they are trying to schedule a call with the partner but it's been 2 months that I haven't heard from them.
    I feel like a stupid and wasted so much time with the process.Will never apply for this company ever.

Interview Questions

• Technical and Scenario-based questions   1 Answer