EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.9

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

First round interview on campus, very easy, walk me trough your resume + a few behavioral questions. There was also an online writing assessment.
    Second round was a megaday at their NYC office. Two half hour interviews that were behavioral with a few technical questions. Nothing too hard. Third interview was a case study - basically reading a 2 page story with no data and resolving the case pretending you are a EY consultant and the interviewer is the client.

Interview Questions

• How many Mexicans live in NYC   2 Answers
    • What was the most technically challenging project you've worked in   1 Answer
    • How do the 3 financial statements interact   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Skype interview, The interviewer started talking about the company and the role. It was so comfortable and easy going. obvious questions were asked. Nice experience.
    Then a manager of the industry explained to me specific details of the role.

Campus Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a coordinator to set up a 30 minute call with the recruiter after applying online. Never in my life have I felt so belittled, and felt the recruiter ruined the interview experience for me. I was promoted at my current company so I reflected that on my resume, in which she said "I'm trying to understand what's the difference between your role before and now. Tell me about it." Okay..? Clearly my responsibilities have changed, but I felt like she was trying to look down on my role or something. Then the following questions consisted of more "clarification". It was pretty obvious she was trying to nit-pick at my resume, even though everything was spelled out and pretty clear - not once did she ask about my achievements or skills and experiences. Building a positive candidate experience is equally important as interviewing and I would NEVER interview candidates with the style she did. That turned me off so badly that I'm going to steer away from E&Y - unless I get another recruiter. It's a shame for E&Y really.

People Advisory Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I went to their superday. Everyone was friendly. Interview questions are more like chats. Went over my resume, ask why PAS, why NYC, which one was my fav class, my study abroad experience. All my interviewers are women.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with and incredibly rude and unprofessional recruiter. I had never experience an interview like this, I went from being very excited about the job opportunity to wanting the interview to end so badly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a team solve a difficult challenge.   Answer Question

Technology Solutions Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by my friend to his team. It took about 1 week, passed the hr interview. It took about 3 weeks to set up the phone interview with the Senior Manager. The resume that Senior Manager got was not the most updated one( Since I was referred to EY before). And he asked me some weird questions which are obviously not the regular interview questions for this team. Horrible experience.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Took Superday interview in Dec. Three Rounds after a writing assessment. Behavioral questions and technically going through the resume, questions like "why you choose EY, and what can you bring to EY, details of previous internships, numerical methods, options, etc.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Brief phone interview of 30 min. Recruiter was a very friendly, but professional woman. Interview started of very informal to make you get comfortable. She explained the whole interview process, processes of EY and how working at EY is like. She also gave me plenty of opportunities to ask her questions as well.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? Have you every persuaded someone?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Avoid it if you can. I went through the interview process. They asked for my personal information including my reviews. I went through two round of interviews and received a verbal offer. After receiving a verbal offer, they asked for a paycheck on november time. They said that they had to verify if I still work for the company. Companies are not allowed to ask for your paycheck effective 30 days from November 6th in New York. Even after taking my personal check and information, they said since there is no need at this point. They can't make an offer. Even the interview process as a whole was very disorganized.