EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Women In Tech Consulting Conference Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a standard behavioral interview over the phone, but I really liked my interviewer. She was patient and nice and it flowed much more like a conversation than an interview. It was one round and I got the acceptance a few weeks after.

Interview Questions

• What languages are you proficient in?   1 Answer

Business Model Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interview - HR, Phone Interview followed by an onsite interview consisting of 5 rounds with various members of the team. Mostly behavioral with very few technical questions. Very resume focused.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred to EY and had a 30 minute phone call and then invited to NYC for a super day. I met with three different managers and we mostly discussed my previous experience. It more behavioral questions than technical although you need to speak to all comments on your resume.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain interest rate swaps   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Everyone was incredibly friendly and nice. The interview process went very smoothly and they were very helpful with any and all questions you had. It is definitely good to do your research on the company and come with plenty of questions.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were to gauge how well you would be at succeeding at the position.   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Very professional recruiting staff. Callbacks are generally within one week, and offers generally extended within one week after callbacks. Generally you have a few weeks to respond. Interview questions are mainly about you as a person, and not substantive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a substantive tax issue   1 Answer

People Advisory Service - Rewards - Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Basic phone screening, followed by a final round interview the next week. Final round interview consisted of an office visit and coffee led by two recent graduate employees, followed by three back-to-back 30 min interviews with senior managers. Fairly easy interviews, mostly behavioral questions and some to judge technical background. They really make it a relaxed interview environment.

TAP- FSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The first process was a on campus interview and it was fairly easy. The interviewer asked mainly behavorial questions. I moved on to the second round which was the EY office interview that consist of 2 behavioral and 1 case study.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work with a difficult person   1 Answer

Data Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. After a phone screening with the recruiter, I was able to clear the client phone interview also which was mostly business related and basic of statistics. Next was onsite which comprised of 4 rounds of 30 minutes each. The first round was with the Head of the department and it was very behavioural. The second round was a Senior Manager and it was on Machine Techniques and methods of solving problems involving Validations, Supervised Learning, Model Evaluations, the Business value from the models, etc. Some questions were also from the projects on resume. The third round was very technical and involved problem solving of 2 business scenarios with Machine Learning, Time series, mathematical derivations of almost all the commonly used algorithms, coding of projects on the resume with questions on why this and why not this, questions on various tools and the inside theory behind the Machine Learning inbuilt algorithms. The fourth round was on Algorithms to solve on paper for a business problem considering optimisation of memory and time also. Except for the third round, all was good. No offer was made in the end.

Interview Questions

• Statistics, Mathematics of Machine Learning Algorithms and APIs.   Answer Question

FSO Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Behavioral questions, really just want to get to know you, very relaxed and friendly. They also give you time to ask your own questions. Nothing to stress too much about, but you do want to prepare to feel your best.

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

Application

Interview

First round interview on campus, very easy, walk me trough your resume + a few behavioral questions. There was also an online writing assessment.
    Second round was a megaday at their NYC office. Two half hour interviews that were behavioral with a few technical questions. Nothing too hard. Third interview was a case study - basically reading a 2 page story with no data and resolving the case pretending you are a EY consultant and the interviewer is the client.

Interview Questions

• How many Mexicans live in NYC   2 Answers
    • What was the most technically challenging project you've worked in   1 Answer
    • How do the 3 financial statements interact   1 Answer