EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

656 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. After a phone screening with the recruiter, I was able to clear the client phone interview also which was mostly business related and basic of statistics. Next was onsite which comprised of 4 rounds of 30 minutes each. The first round was with the Head of the department and it was very behavioural. The second round was a Senior Manager and it was on Machine Techniques and methods of solving problems involving Validations, Supervised Learning, Model Evaluations, the Business value from the models, etc. Some questions were also from the projects on resume. The third round was very technical and involved problem solving of 2 business scenarios with Machine Learning, Time series, mathematical derivations of almost all the commonly used algorithms, coding of projects on the resume with questions on why this and why not this, questions on various tools and the inside theory behind the Machine Learning inbuilt algorithms. The fourth round was on Algorithms to solve on paper for a business problem considering optimisation of memory and time also. Except for the third round, all was good. No offer was made in the end.

Interview Questions

• Statistics, Mathematics of Machine Learning Algorithms and APIs.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

They spam you over and over with fake emails claiming you have a phone interview.
    They force you to block out a 2 hour window and then they never call.
    This went on and on over and over again- spam me with 2 hour windows and then no call.
    I finally bypassed human resources which is merely a spam center where I interviewed face to face in Manhattan and was told I was too old for the position and that I would not fit in with the 22 year old college greens who populate their office.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an interview on campus. The interview lasted 1 hour... two 30 minute interview with 1-1 person.
    It was a pleasant experience but just a little awkward because when you switch rooms you meet the other candidate that you literally are competing with. I guess for all interviews your competing with someone but the format of the interview made it kind of weird. It was a standard interview not technically based

Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Campus interview-got a executive director who was not having a good day. Turned down everything that I had to say. Purposely tried to give hard questions related to the firm rather than about me.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our firm? What research did you do?   Answer Question

Would not want to work for an executive director like that.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Got a call from the HR recruiter and talked with her for about 30 mins. She referred me to the hiring manager for a phone interview. The hiring manager called at the scheduled time and started talking in Chinese. I could not understand anything he said so he hung up after 15 mins. I looked up his name on Linkedin and sent him a linkedin invite. I learned when I called the number back from my cellphone that he had called from his girlfriend's phone. I did send him an email thank you note and sent a copy of the to the HR recruiter. When I talked with this same HR recruiter a few weeks later to learn if I can apply for other jobs, so said I can but not for jobs in this Analytics unit. I later learned the entire Analytics unit consists of employees who are all Chinese. This is like reverse discrimination. If you are not Chinese then you are not going to get a job in this unit of EY. A few months later, a friend of mine working there asked to submit my resume through their referral system. I got an email from the referral system asking me to sign in an apply for jobs. I did do that. I got turned down by the ATS computer system for everyone of the 18 positions for which I applied. It is clear that EY does not want me. So, it is their loss. I don't want to work there. Please do not apply here especially if you are not Chinese.

Interview Questions

• Every question was in Chinese   1 Answer

Technology Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

EY employees conducted an on campus information session. I applied through my university after the info session and was accepted for an on campus interview. After this initial behavioral interview EY approved me for the next step of the process. A 3 interview long megaday at their Times Square office. They flew you out on their dime.

Interview Questions

• Case interview question regarding a fictitious company and how as a consultant you would help the company expand their business.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for interns.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied through the company website. I got a call from recruiter within 3 days (on a tuesday). She interviewed me over th phone for 30 minutes. Later she scheduled an interview with a senior manager day after (on a Thursday), which was followed by series of 1:1 interview with partners and principals (on a friday). Total 8 interviews (2 Phone + 6 1:1). Later I was informed on Wednesday next week that the interviewers liked me. they wanted to make an offer. After almost 2 weeks actual offer was made. later they started the Background investigation and rest of the formalities. Interview was more about how well I could sell my resume to them than a pure technical one.

Interview Questions

• I dont see how you fit in to this position, I am not yet convinced about hiring you for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was quite happy with the offer, I did not try to negotiate.

Staff Accountant () Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I ended up meeting with 3 senior associates. During the interview we discussed my overall experience professionally. We also discuss my academic experience and how it would coincide with my role as a intern.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were insure of an issue given to you and how did you approach it?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Multiple interview levels. First a phone screen was conducted followed by personal office interviews. I was asked to come into their office on a friday and was interviewed by multiple individuals back to back over the 4 hours. The recruiter reached out to me next week with a positive outcome and started discussing the offer.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience, job content, communication and presentation skills   2 Answers

Salesforce Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I am really unsatisfied with the interview process and had a very negative experience. They took around 5 rounds and everything went very well and seems positive. I was old by the last interviewer that he is very positive and enjoyed speaking to me.
    The HR and coordinator were pretty bad and never respected my time before scheduling the interview. I was told that they even don't know the process.
    I was told by the last interviewer that they are trying to schedule a call with the partner but it's been 2 months that I haven't heard from them.
    I feel like a stupid and wasted so much time with the process.Will never apply for this company ever.

Interview Questions

• Technical and Scenario-based questions   1 Answer