EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

They spam you over and over with fake emails claiming you have a phone interview.
    They force you to block out a 2 hour window and then they never call.
    This went on and on over and over again- spam me with 2 hour windows and then no call.
    I finally bypassed human resources which is merely a spam center where I interviewed face to face in Manhattan and was told I was too old for the position and that I would not fit in with the 22 year old college greens who populate their office.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an interview on campus. The interview lasted 1 hour... two 30 minute interview with 1-1 person.
    It was a pleasant experience but just a little awkward because when you switch rooms you meet the other candidate that you literally are competing with. I guess for all interviews your competing with someone but the format of the interview made it kind of weird. It was a standard interview not technically based

Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Campus interview-got a executive director who was not having a good day. Turned down everything that I had to say. Purposely tried to give hard questions related to the firm rather than about me.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our firm? What research did you do?   Answer Question

Would not want to work for an executive director like that.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Got a call from the HR recruiter and talked with her for about 30 mins. She referred me to the hiring manager for a phone interview. The hiring manager called at the scheduled time and started talking in Chinese. I could not understand anything he said so he hung up after 15 mins. I looked up his name on Linkedin and sent him a linkedin invite. I learned when I called the number back from my cellphone that he had called from his girlfriend's phone. I did send him an email thank you note and sent a copy of the to the HR recruiter. When I talked with this same HR recruiter a few weeks later to learn if I can apply for other jobs, so said I can but not for jobs in this Analytics unit. I later learned the entire Analytics unit consists of employees who are all Chinese. This is like reverse discrimination. If you are not Chinese then you are not going to get a job in this unit of EY. A few months later, a friend of mine working there asked to submit my resume through their referral system. I got an email from the referral system asking me to sign in an apply for jobs. I did do that. I got turned down by the ATS computer system for everyone of the 18 positions for which I applied. It is clear that EY does not want me. So, it is their loss. I don't want to work there. Please do not apply here especially if you are not Chinese.

Interview Questions

• Every question was in Chinese   1 Answer

Technology Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

EY employees conducted an on campus information session. I applied through my university after the info session and was accepted for an on campus interview. After this initial behavioral interview EY approved me for the next step of the process. A 3 interview long megaday at their Times Square office. They flew you out on their dime.

Interview Questions

• Case interview question regarding a fictitious company and how as a consultant you would help the company expand their business.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for interns.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied through the company website. I got a call from recruiter within 3 days (on a tuesday). She interviewed me over th phone for 30 minutes. Later she scheduled an interview with a senior manager day after (on a Thursday), which was followed by series of 1:1 interview with partners and principals (on a friday). Total 8 interviews (2 Phone + 6 1:1). Later I was informed on Wednesday next week that the interviewers liked me. they wanted to make an offer. After almost 2 weeks actual offer was made. later they started the Background investigation and rest of the formalities. Interview was more about how well I could sell my resume to them than a pure technical one.

Interview Questions

• I dont see how you fit in to this position, I am not yet convinced about hiring you for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was quite happy with the offer, I did not try to negotiate.

Technology Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

1st Round is behavioral on campus. It was very standard, basically walking through resume. 2nd round was on Megaday in New York. There were three rounds, two behavioral and one case. I'm an engineering student with no finance background, but the case wasn't too demanding. It tested on your analytical and critical thinking.

Interview Questions

• Was there any life-changing moment that you would love to share?   Answer Question

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round of interviews was on campus, one on one with a partner. Second round was in NYC with 3 interviews in a row, 2 behavioral and 1 case study, all interviews with partners. This was followed by lunch with current BAP employees who were our "guides" for the morning. the guides walked us from interview to interview and answered other questions we might've had, help take the edge off, and were quite friendly. After lunch we picked up our stuff and took our respective transportation back to our respective campuses.

Interview Questions

• Relatively standard interview questions in the behavioral interviews. The case study we were given a struggling insurance company and asked on ways to improve results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Rigorous hiring process with phone screening and in person interviewing with multiple people that vary from Partners to managers. This includes skills test and test case review to test your knowledge

Senior Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through internal referral program and got an email from HR to schedule a phone call. A week after, I had a phone interview which was just about my status, and work eligibility and etc. She set up another phone interview with a manager in the department and this was about 2 months after. Since I applied for a senior job, he asked me about my previous works, technical questions and some SQL/SAS code questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me the most important project you've done at your work?
      What is left join(SQL code)?
      Answer Question