EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

237 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. After a phone screening with the recruiter, I was able to clear the client phone interview also which was mostly business related and basic of statistics. Next was onsite which comprised of 4 rounds of 30 minutes each. The first round was with the Head of the department and it was very behavioural. The second round was a Senior Manager and it was on Machine Techniques and methods of solving problems involving Validations, Supervised Learning, Model Evaluations, the Business value from the models, etc. Some questions were also from the projects on resume. The third round was very technical and involved problem solving of 2 business scenarios with Machine Learning, Time series, mathematical derivations of almost all the commonly used algorithms, coding of projects on the resume with questions on why this and why not this, questions on various tools and the inside theory behind the Machine Learning inbuilt algorithms. The fourth round was on Algorithms to solve on paper for a business problem considering optimisation of memory and time also. Except for the third round, all was good. No offer was made in the end.

Interview Questions

• Statistics, Mathematics of Machine Learning Algorithms and APIs.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

They spam you over and over with fake emails claiming you have a phone interview.
    They force you to block out a 2 hour window and then they never call.
    This went on and on over and over again- spam me with 2 hour windows and then no call.
    I finally bypassed human resources which is merely a spam center where I interviewed face to face in Manhattan and was told I was too old for the position and that I would not fit in with the 22 year old college greens who populate their office.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Got a call from the HR recruiter and talked with her for about 30 mins. She referred me to the hiring manager for a phone interview. The hiring manager called at the scheduled time and started talking in Chinese. I could not understand anything he said so he hung up after 15 mins. I looked up his name on Linkedin and sent him a linkedin invite. I learned when I called the number back from my cellphone that he had called from his girlfriend's phone. I did send him an email thank you note and sent a copy of the to the HR recruiter. When I talked with this same HR recruiter a few weeks later to learn if I can apply for other jobs, so said I can but not for jobs in this Analytics unit. I later learned the entire Analytics unit consists of employees who are all Chinese. This is like reverse discrimination. If you are not Chinese then you are not going to get a job in this unit of EY. A few months later, a friend of mine working there asked to submit my resume through their referral system. I got an email from the referral system asking me to sign in an apply for jobs. I did do that. I got turned down by the ATS computer system for everyone of the 18 positions for which I applied. It is clear that EY does not want me. So, it is their loss. I don't want to work there. Please do not apply here especially if you are not Chinese.

Interview Questions

• Every question was in Chinese   1 Answer

Salesforce Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I am really unsatisfied with the interview process and had a very negative experience. They took around 5 rounds and everything went very well and seems positive. I was old by the last interviewer that he is very positive and enjoyed speaking to me.
    The HR and coordinator were pretty bad and never respected my time before scheduling the interview. I was told that they even don't know the process.
    I was told by the last interviewer that they are trying to schedule a call with the partner but it's been 2 months that I haven't heard from them.
    I feel like a stupid and wasted so much time with the process.Will never apply for this company ever.

Interview Questions

• Technical and Scenario-based questions   1 Answer

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed as an MBA associate for a summer position. The process was overall straightforward; first round, case and behavioral interviews, second and final round was a full-day immersive experience at EY HQ. Behavioral, 1 M&A case, 1 general accounting case, 1 group case. The group case was challenging since one of our group members had a very dominant personality; the behavioral interviewer kept asking me to guess the questions he would ask, which seemed odd. Otherwise, a straightforward process.

Interview Questions

• What are the top three questions do you think you should ask me>   2 Answers

Technology Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

1st Round is behavioral on campus. It was very standard, basically walking through resume. 2nd round was on Megaday in New York. There were three rounds, two behavioral and one case. I'm an engineering student with no finance background, but the case wasn't too demanding. It tested on your analytical and critical thinking.

Interview Questions

• Was there any life-changing moment that you would love to share?   1 Answer

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round of interviews was on campus, one on one with a partner. Second round was in NYC with 3 interviews in a row, 2 behavioral and 1 case study, all interviews with partners. This was followed by lunch with current BAP employees who were our "guides" for the morning. the guides walked us from interview to interview and answered other questions we might've had, help take the edge off, and were quite friendly. After lunch we picked up our stuff and took our respective transportation back to our respective campuses.

Interview Questions

• Relatively standard interview questions in the behavioral interviews. The case study we were given a struggling insurance company and asked on ways to improve results.   1 Answer

Senior Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through internal referral program and got an email from HR to schedule a phone call. A week after, I had a phone interview which was just about my status, and work eligibility and etc. She set up another phone interview with a manager in the department and this was about 2 months after. Since I applied for a senior job, he asked me about my previous works, technical questions and some SQL/SAS code questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me the most important project you've done at your work?
      What is left join(SQL code)?   1 Answer

QAS Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied this position from university information session. First round interview was on campus. All about technical questions related to economics and statistics(personally think is it because of the interviewer's personal background). Second round was on-site. Spent whole day with stuffs in EY. Four 1:1 interviews based on your resume. Mixture of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• what is the process of analyzing time series data?   1 Answer

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. Mostly just wanted to determine if you were a good fit. Consisted of 4 interviews with different levels of would-be superiors. Overall very low stress event. Plus they treated us to lunch.