EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.8

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

My first interview was an on-campus interview-- mainly behavioral questions and a run through of my resume. Second interview, I was invited to the EY office and interviewed by 3 people including HR. Mainly behavioral as well, asking predominantly about my track for the CPA exam. Then after the interview I got a tour of the office. People were very nice and friendly, great work environment. I got the offer within two weeks.

Performance Improvement- Customer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my career website and got a call from HR and scheduled an interview for the next day which was kind of fast. I then had a 45 minute behavioral interview that covered a range of topics like leadership, strengths weaknesses, etc. The interviewer was very very nice and I was very comfortable having a conversation with him. After my interview, I had a timed writing assessment.

Interview Questions

• how is trustworthness important to the reputation of E&Y?   Answer Question

Financial Services Office - Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Had first interview on campus and was invited to their new york office for second round interview. First round was very easy, a 30 minute behavioral interview. Second round was more difficult. There were 3 30 minute interviews. Two were behavioral and one was a case study. Overall process was good.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you worked in group project
      time you had to solve an inefficiency
      Answer Question

Launch Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

3 round interviews. 1 45 min. on campus (Johns Hopkins) and other 2 (45 mins each) in house (New York). Very smooth and fast, and HR was very friendly, both in Baltimore and New York.

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I didn't prepare well on this interview. It was some behavioral questions during my interview. At first I was very nervous,the HR is very professional and friendly made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you’ve shown leadership
       In what type of environment do you work best?
      Answer Question

Technology Solutions Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by my friend to his team. It took about 1 week, passed the hr interview. It took about 3 weeks to set up the phone interview with the Senior Manager. The resume that Senior Manager got was not the most updated one( Since I was referred to EY before). And he asked me some weird questions which are obviously not the regular interview questions for this team. Horrible experience.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Reviewed resume, and offered me the job, after interning twice. Interviewed with two people. One was a manager and one was a partner. They were very informal. It was laid back and chill.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Everyone was incredibly friendly and nice. The interview process went very smoothly and they were very helpful with any and all questions you had. It is definitely good to do your research on the company and come with plenty of questions.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were to gauge how well you would be at succeeding at the position.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied through my school and received an email saying they would like to schedule an on-campus interview. I interviewed with an audit partner. The interview itself was not at all formal. He did not ask me any questions until the end where he asked if I had any questions. For most of the interview we just talked about our interests i.e. cooking and the news. The interview was very relaxed and again no behavioral questions or any questions really were asked. I cannot say this is how it is for other interviewers, but my interviewer approached it from this angle. A week later, I received an email invitation to attend superday.

Superday consisted of a presentation (ask a question!!!!!), a small ice breaker with a partner (answer his/her question!!!!) and then a series of two interviews with a partner and a manager. The partner had a less structured approach (talked about interests and how i dealt with STRESS) to the interview and it went about 25 minutes over the 30 minutes allotted (total 55 minutes) and then I had a much more structured interview with a manager... basic behavioral questions.

Then we had lunch with my host, the other candidate and another host-group.

To summarize, be yourself, ask questions, dress smart and be friendly! Superday was actually a lot of fun.

The partners, the manager, and the hosts were all great!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do not negotiate. Big 4 for the most part have their salaries set.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I sent me resume in to the HR department and within days got an email setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was very easy-took about 30 minutes and asked me questions like "why I chose my university" and "why tax". No behavior questions.