EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Technology Advisory Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

1st Round is behavioral on campus. It was very standard, basically walking through resume. 2nd round was on Megaday in New York. There were three rounds, two behavioral and one case. I'm an engineering student with no finance background, but the case wasn't too demanding. It tested on your analytical and critical thinking.

Interview Questions

• Was there any life-changing moment that you would love to share?   1 Answer

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round of interviews was on campus, one on one with a partner. Second round was in NYC with 3 interviews in a row, 2 behavioral and 1 case study, all interviews with partners. This was followed by lunch with current BAP employees who were our "guides" for the morning. the guides walked us from interview to interview and answered other questions we might've had, help take the edge off, and were quite friendly. After lunch we picked up our stuff and took our respective transportation back to our respective campuses.

Interview Questions

• Relatively standard interview questions in the behavioral interviews. The case study we were given a struggling insurance company and asked on ways to improve results.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Rigorous hiring process with phone screening and in person interviewing with multiple people that vary from Partners to managers. This includes skills test and test case review to test your knowledge

Interview Questions

• Test your knowledge on test cases   1 Answer

Senior Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through internal referral program and got an email from HR to schedule a phone call. A week after, I had a phone interview which was just about my status, and work eligibility and etc. She set up another phone interview with a manager in the department and this was about 2 months after. Since I applied for a senior job, he asked me about my previous works, technical questions and some SQL/SAS code questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me the most important project you've done at your work?
      What is left join(SQL code)?
      1 Answer

QAS Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied this position from university information session. First round interview was on campus. All about technical questions related to economics and statistics(personally think is it because of the interviewer's personal background). Second round was on-site. Spent whole day with stuffs in EY. Four 1:1 interviews based on your resume. Mixture of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• what is the process of analyzing time series data?   1 Answer

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online through college recruiting process. Met with the recruiter during meet & greet a day before the formal interview process which was very informal. Formal interview process lasted about half an hr to 45 mins and were mostly behavioral questions.

Launch Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was an unforgettable one. I'm not sure why they have the wrong people conducting interviews. An interview, from my opinion, is suppose to answer the question, "will this person succeed here?" but it seems with this firm the interviews ask, "how well can this candidate interview?"

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. Mostly just wanted to determine if you were a good fit. Consisted of 4 interviews with different levels of would-be superiors. Overall very low stress event. Plus they treated us to lunch.

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

I applied for the EY TAS BVAL group and business modeling in specific.There's an on campus interview and then the super day in New York. There was a modeling assignment in between.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite function of Excel?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Very unorganized. Was supposed to meet with two partners and when I got there one of them ended up being out of the office so I ended up interviewing with a random cranky old man who was not happy that he had to interview someone on short notice as soon as he got into the office. He was from another service line who had no clue what he was talking about in regards to the role I was interviewing for, and what type of experience was necessary, and was very adversarial to every response I gave. They should have just cancelled the interview and re-scheduled when the original person (who was most versed in the job functions I'd have been performing) was available.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember any questions. The interview with the first partner was more of an adversarial exchange with him regarding the experience we each had and how it differed. I tried to stay calm and reduce the snark involved in my responses as much as possinle, but that is very difficult to do when someone is constantly interrupting you and trying to tell you that the work you've done has been done "the wrong way" because it is not inline with the work they've done. The entire time I was thinking "dude...it's called client service....you perform services in line with client preferences, policies, and procedures while ensuring it complies with any applicable regulations...stop being a know it all."   Answer Question