EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

625 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview focuses on:
    1>Why E&Y and why consulting domain
    2>Why you - past, education
    3>Why you in E&Y

Most questions are HR based and skills based. Lot of them are based on teaming, leadership and previous experience
    Pay emphasis on culture, projects as well as industry analysis.
    Be prepared for a case interview. Typically integration of 2 banks and technological, financial and cultural challenges.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you failed and explain the situation before and after?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations were allowed as this was part of super day cum campus recruitment.
    The offers for most people selected were same.
    Usually negotiations are possible from role, title, and salary. They become accomdating if you have an offer from a competing big 4 firm.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter who after 2 interviews had scheduled a phone screen with a principal at E&Y. A week after that they started working on an in person interview with Ernst & Young Advisory in NYC.

The HR team at EY was unorganized and would send out interview appointments on a Wednesday for that Friday, not factoring in that I am not even in the same time zone. We had to do that a few times until I finally made it.

There were 4 interviewers and one discussion with the in-house recruiter. The first interviewer was 20 minutes late for the 30 minute interview. Had no idea of my background and did not even know what was on the resume. He became agitated as I asked him a followup question about the group's strategy, which is a fairly common question. Second interviewer was the Principal I had initially spoken with and it went smooth, third interview was with another Prinicpal who was 15 minutes late for the interview, and had been with E&Y for all his career yet could not understand that in some companies the roles between delivery, management, and service development are not fully separate. The recruiter just wanted to know a number which would prompt me to jump ship, and it was on okay discussion. The Partner for the group had me wait for 20 minutes and then sent the message that he can not meet for 2 hours if I can wait or they will reschedule. The recruiter said they were ready to make an offer but needed for the partner to meet before they can give a final number.

Interview Questions

• from the in house recruiter- what number do I have to hit today for you to make the decision today and start on Monday.   Answer Question

The group did not seem to understand that the industry was changing. The role was good for the practice and what they needed, but it would have stifled my career with too narrow a focus on an industry and too narrow a focus on type of projects.

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted resume through Indeed.com, but took 2 months to hear anything. Once initiated, went through 2 phone interviews based entirely on fit, followed by 2 in-office interviews. None of the questions were particularly challenging, but looked to match my experiences with the job at hand. Met one Manager, a Senior Manager, and two Partners.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Transaction Advisory Services? As stated above, none of the questions were overwhelmingly challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't any room for negotiation and I admittedly had zero leverage. They had researched pay grades based on years of experience and level which they stuck to.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and went through one interview.

Interview Questions

• Was given a business case to identify a solution to a compliance problem.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

1 - Initial phone screen w/ HR
    2 - Phone screen w/ senior manager from the area
    3 - Invited to come in for a Superday

Super Day ( Four 30 min interviews: 1st w/ HR, 2nd with Senior Manager, 3rd w/ Manager and 4th with Partner)

Heard back in 24 hours w/ offer

Advisory - Technology Quest Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I talked with EY at my campus career fair, shortly after I applied to our career website and was given an on campus interview. The day before the interview all of the potential EY candidates went to a 'meet and greet' where we were able to ask recent hires about the interview process and how they were enjoying their work experience thus far. The interview was 30 minutes long and was made up of straight forward interest and behavioral questions. Why choose EY over the other big 4 firms? Describe a time when you were in a team environment where conflict got in the way of accomplishing a goal? How will your skills make you an effective team member at EY? The second round interview was an on site interview at the office of your choice, however I took another offer before I participated in this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Why choose EY over the other big 4 firms.   1 Answer

Event Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

As long as you can get an initial job and make a lot of contacts in the company, be prepared for a rather easy interview process as an internal candidate. If people like you and you are personable, the interview process is a quick one, especially if moving up within the same department.

Interview Questions

• Giving an answer to "where do you want to be in 5 years?" is always tough.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you can negotiate in 2013 with this kind of job market, good luck. Usually you're told what you're given nowadays.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

very easy going and laid back interview process. s true sense of teamwork and commitment is portrayed at all levels, Everyone seems to be part of a team and shows a true dedication to growing the practice.

Negotiation

i received offer, i did not have to negotiste as they met my initial requests

Advisory Quest Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I interviewed through on-campus recruiting, and the interview was an 1 to 1 behavioral based on. Pretty simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• There is no difficult question at all.   1 Answer

Senior Manager, Customer Strategy, Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Screen by HR, followed by Sr. Manager screen, then 1/2 day visit to NYC which consisted of a brief introduction to a panel and 4 interviews -- 2 with live people (Sr. Manager, and Recruiting) with two phone interviews with partners.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer