EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

240 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Avoid it if you can. I went through the interview process. They asked for my personal information including my reviews. I went through two round of interviews and received a verbal offer. After receiving a verbal offer, they asked for a paycheck on november time. They said that they had to verify if I still work for the company. Companies are not allowed to ask for your paycheck effective 30 days from November 6th in New York. Even after taking my personal check and information, they said since there is no need at this point. They can't make an offer. Even the interview process as a whole was very disorganized.

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First round interview on campus (target school), totally relaxed and behavioral. Heard back about second round after 3 weeks, and then final round superday in the EY New York City office. 3 interviews - 2 behavioral, 1 case. Case was a little different than usual, all the info was given and then they asked questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe the different teams you've been a part of and your roles in them.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Got through the first round on-campus interview. Was invited to EY New York office. Questions are not hard but my background is not solid enough. Pretty good experience except the result.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the resume.   Answer Question
    • Describe a martingale.   1 Answer
    • Suppose there are 100 players who will choose from the set of integers between 0 and 100. The winner is the one whose number is closest to the median of all the players. Suppose they are all clever enough. What number will you choose to win the game?   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

They spam you over and over with fake emails claiming you have a phone interview.
    They force you to block out a 2 hour window and then they never call.
    This went on and on over and over again- spam me with 2 hour windows and then no call.
    I finally bypassed human resources which is merely a spam center where I interviewed face to face in Manhattan and was told I was too old for the position and that I would not fit in with the 22 year old college greens who populate their office.

FSO BAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The process went very well, and everyone was very nice throughout the entire experience. There was an on campus interview, then a final round. I felt somewhat slighted at the end of the process after I thought my interviews went well and was not informed why I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for EY, rather than another similar company?   1 Answer

People Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Three back-to-back behavioral interviews. Very informal, relaxed environment, and interview questions were very typical. They didn't throw any curveballs. Make sure you practice the usual behavioral interview questions. Also, research EY and PAS because they like to see you're familiar with the company. Have specific stories prepared. Sometimes, the questions seemed very robotic, and by my third interview, I was tired of answering the same questions. 90 minutes of behavioral interview questions was exhausting, and I wish they had a case interview component as well. PAS is a new practice, so do your research and have your 'why PAS' answer ready. It helps if you're an HR major. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encouraged diversity, worked in a difficult group setting, addressed your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Technology Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was an on campus interview with one person from EY for an hour. We talked about many different aspects of my background and my capabilities. The interviewer was very nice and knowledgable and it was overall a really good experience - EY seems like a great place to work.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First had a phone screen with the HR and a month later a technical phone screen. After the tech screen had to follow up for close to 3 months and the onsite round was scheduled. Onsite round was 4 back to back interviews. After the onsite round never heard back from the HR on offer or reject. They just stopped responding. For a professional firm, one of the most lengthy and unprofessional interview processes.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was an on campus 30 minute interview. There were no technical questions, all behavioral. Very relaxed, more like a conversation than an interview. After that went into office for another 30 minute interview including a case study.

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about this interview (I had five interviews within the following 24 hours that I was much more invested in) which is probably why I didn't move on to the next round for EY. But the interviewer was a nice guy who asked all of the expected questions. (See below.)

Really boring experience, which I guess speaks to the vibe/culture at a Big Four.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why EY?
      Why consulting?
      Tell me about your past work experiences.
      Tell me about your involvement with XYZ club.
      Tell me about a time when you had to motivate a team.
      Tell me about a time when there was team conflict and you had to resolve it.   Answer Question