EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

672 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Very unorganized. Was supposed to meet with two partners and when I got there one of them ended up being out of the office so I ended up interviewing with a random cranky old man who was not happy that he had to interview someone on short notice as soon as he got into the office. He was from another service line who had no clue what he was talking about in regards to the role I was interviewing for, and what type of experience was necessary, and was very adversarial to every response I gave. They should have just cancelled the interview and re-scheduled when the original person (who was most versed in the job functions I'd have been performing) was available.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember any questions. The interview with the first partner was more of an adversarial exchange with him regarding the experience we each had and how it differed. I tried to stay calm and reduce the snark involved in my responses as much as possinle, but that is very difficult to do when someone is constantly interrupting you and trying to tell you that the work you've done has been done "the wrong way" because it is not inline with the work they've done. The entire time I was thinking "dude...it's called client service....you perform services in line with client preferences, policies, and procedures while ensuring it complies with any applicable regulations...stop being a know it all."   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Panel of 3 asking situational questions. Pretty laid back. Once situational questions were over they asked how I would use my experience in current situations. Dress business professional as they all are. Be serious, confident, and concise. Doing this will show you are comfortable. All in all I did enjoy the interview and left feeling I showed I am confident in my ability .

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a client asking for a non feasible action.   Answer Question

Emerging Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. I met a manager first and then an audit partner. It was very pleasant, especially with the manager and I thought I got in. However, I was notified that I was not accepted after two weeks or so. Overall, positive interview experience.

Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

it was a one day interview process that consisted for 3 1:1 interviews lasting about 1 hour each; prior to that was a phone interview with a member of the HR staff as well as a phone interview with a senior manager in the practice that was about an hour as well; the interviews consisted of scenario questions, my past working experience

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a resume screening, a phone call after and finally commenced with in person interviews. It took about 1-2 months for the whole process to play out. The team of recruiters was extremely courteous and professional in their dealings towards us.

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview and mine was scheduled at 8:00 am. I did some research online and most of the questions I prepared is behavioral. However, the interviewer is not an HR. I forgot her job title but she has a technical position so she asked me many technical questions and I did not do that well on some of them.

Quantitative Advisory Services Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

1st round is a phone interview, which was technical. It also had a written test which required the applicant to write an essay regarding a given topic in 45 minutes.
    2nd round superday which has three 1:1 interviews and HR claimed that all interviews would be behavioral in her email. However the interviewers were pushing as hard as they could on that line. You need to know all your past classes because they really dig into your relevant courses on your transcript/resume. If you have taken a class like econometrics, be ready to answer questions regarding OLS, lags, assumptions of regressions etc.

Interview Questions

• Why EY; Binomial tree model; Arbitrage opportunity; Tell me a time when you solved a problem using whichever programming language you know.   Answer Question

Tax Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

2 round interview. The first round were basic behavioral questions like why EY and why this position. I took this interview by phone. The interviewer was nice. The second round interview were most technical. As I mentioned I am proficient in VBA and excel, the interviewer ask about my experience of coding detail by detail. So be careful about anything you added in your resume.

Technology Advisory Program---Financial Services Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

First round is on campus interview with a manager. Questions are very general behavioral questions. He would ask question based on previous answers. Prepare to elaborate your resume very well.
    Everyone then need to do a writing assessment (This is not second round).

After one week i got an invitation for a megaday. 2 behavioral and 1 case (sequence would probably change). For the behavioral, one is quite deep in resume staff. The interviewer will dive extremely deep into the resume and ask every detail of projects and work you have done. PLEASE BE PREPARED! The other behavioral interview for me was easy and was just a conversation. Did not feel pressure for this one. For the case, it was about banking M&A and ask you what need to be concerned in this process. I did a very bad job here so I could not recommend too much but just be sure that if you are not clear in certain field, DO NOT pretend to be a specialist. Saying that you are not good at this field is always better than giving some bad recommendations. I was rejected and I am sure that 95% because I did it pretty bad in the case.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

the test was long and tough. They test many things about accounting, finance, and tax. The competition is very fierce because there were so many candidates. Imagine about 1000 candidates compete for 50 slots for the interview. All of them are talented and enthusiastic.