EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Tax Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

It took a moth to get a phone interview. Great interview with one of Tax Manager, really impress with company's culture and learn a lot about the firm and the TTDAS department as well

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I received a first round after applying online. 5 days after the first round I got a call for the second round. The interviewers were extremely friendly. I was completely at ease during the interview. Not stressful/intimidating at all!

Interview Questions

• 1) Run me through your resume
      2) Describe your team work experiences
      3) What qualities do you look for in a consultant
      4) Why finance
      5)Why EY, Why BAP
      6) Case Interview
      Answer Question

Launch Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

The process had a total of three interviews, the first was behavioural and from there I was invited to interview at the offices. At the office, I did another behavioural and one case interview. Everyone at EY was extremely nice and all interviews, even the case, were very conversational and relaxed. 10/10 would interview again.

Complex Securities Valuation Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

My first interview was actually with EY's Business Modeling and Valuation group. During that interview, I was told about Complex Securities Valuation and that they might be interested in my quantitative background (finance, applied mathematics). From here, I had a technical interview over the phone. This went well and I was flown to NYC for the final set of interviews. The night before the interviews they had a dinner in Manhattan which was very nice and allowed me to meet some of the team. The next day I had about 2 and a half to 3 hours of interviews at once. It was 5 interviews in a row, 2 with managers and 3 with the partners that run this area of the business. All of the interviewers were extremely nice people who genuinely wanted to know me as a person, told me about themselves some, and asked about my past schoolwork and non schoolwork, such as hobbies. After the interviews, I felt very happy with the whole experience whether I received the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself. (What you've done in college, outside of college, etc.)   Answer Question

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First round interview on campus (target school), totally relaxed and behavioral. Heard back about second round after 3 weeks, and then final round superday in the EY New York City office. 3 interviews - 2 behavioral, 1 case. Case was a little different than usual, all the info was given and then they asked questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe the different teams you've been a part of and your roles in them.   Answer Question

Transfer Pricing Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online through my university.
    First I had the phone interview. Standard stuff.
    Then the Super Day in NYC. Here we got a presentation on Transfer Pricing and had three 30 minute interviews. Then we were allowed to leave.
    Then I heard back exactly a week later.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Got through the first round on-campus interview. Was invited to EY New York office. Questions are not hard but my background is not solid enough. Pretty good experience except the result.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the resume.   Answer Question
    • Describe a martingale.   1 Answer
    • Suppose there are 100 players who will choose from the set of integers between 0 and 100. The winner is the one whose number is closest to the median of all the players. Suppose they are all clever enough. What number will you choose to win the game?   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

They spam you over and over with fake emails claiming you have a phone interview.
    They force you to block out a 2 hour window and then they never call.
    This went on and on over and over again- spam me with 2 hour windows and then no call.
    I finally bypassed human resources which is merely a spam center where I interviewed face to face in Manhattan and was told I was too old for the position and that I would not fit in with the 22 year old college greens who populate their office.

FSO BAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The process went very well, and everyone was very nice throughout the entire experience. There was an on campus interview, then a final round. I felt somewhat slighted at the end of the process after I thought my interviews went well and was not informed why I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for EY, rather than another similar company?   1 Answer

Valuation and Business Modeling Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I did a first-round interview over phone. Afterwards I did a modeling test which I'm pretty sure its only for the business modeling team. Then I got called in for a super day on site. I got basic interview questions. Interviewers were very nice. They talked about their own project experience and most of the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate Quick Ratio   1 Answer