EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.9

Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took two weeks. There was a dinner the day before the interview. During the day of the interview, the associates took us to lunch. In my school and in office interview. 4 rounds and case study. It was overall a very fair interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't know how to do something. What did you do?   1 Answer

Assurance – Forensic Technology & Discovery Services Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. A recruiter assigned met me in the foyer and helped me prep for the interview. Thumbs up to her. The actual interview was 30hr long and the recruiter kept asking me behavioural questions, kept testing my soft skills. I fumbled one or two up.

Interview Questions

• What kind of company do you want to work in?   1 Answer

TAS OTS Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

a short phone interview with the recruiter from OTS team
    just 20 minutes
    the recruiter was super nice and professional
    questions about my resume, working experience, my understanding of the team and my Visa issues

Interview Questions

• talk about the latest internship experience
      how long is your OPT? When can you start working?
      Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was ok. She asked good questions and gave me detailed background about the job, but she was fairly negative about the challenges at the company. It's one thing to prepare you for the job and another to talk you out of it. It was a little odd. I had a feeling she didn't think I was right for the position, which is totally fine, but I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Asked me for by background and experience as it related to the position.   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very typical behavioral questions and get to know you questions. First phone interview and then in office interview with heads of the department. They were laid back and very easy to speak with. They informed me of the department and were upfront with what the role was. The overall process was quick and responses on next steps were timely.

Summer Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was paired up with a current employee who basically accompanied me the whole day and guided me to my interviewers. The interviewers themselves were nice, though they seemed very neutral to my responses. There were two interviews: a behavioral and a case study. I had the case first, but it wasn't too difficult or anything.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

phone interview first then have a onsite interview, but the onsite interview questions is pretty similar to the phone interview's, which are all about behaviour questions and interviewers are all very kind

Interview Questions

• are you a good team player   1 Answer

Marketing Comminications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I have worked for and interviewed with all of the Big Four firms. This was the most unprofessional, dreadful, and draining in person interview I have been through.
    The interviewer discredited every point I made and even belittled my relative experience at other firms. Her interview technique was harsh and her questions were not directly applicable to the role itself but more so to see if I would fill the shoes of the person who left.

Financial Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview was 30 minutes. Listened very carefully to the recruiter and spoke without interrupting. They are eager to hear what you have to say and are very interested in your plans, whether it is internal growth or branching out. Integrity is also important to EY. They love self-motivated and hard work people. There really isn't any reason to stress, they are easygoing and casual, so take the conversation lightly.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest strengths?   1 Answer

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Back-to-back interview with a campus recruiter and a tax senior manager from the firm. Each took 20 minutes. They asked behavioral questions which are very similar. No technical questions. It was a great chance to meet people from the firm and gain insights.