EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Had four interviews. One with HR, two with Sr. Managers and one with a Partner. The process was lengthy but well worth it. The questions were all behavioral and related to work and prior work experience. I suggest going through interview questions but really focusing on your past experience to answer the questions.

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Technical, prior audit experience, average 30 minutes of the round, overall technical round, generally manager or senior manager takes the round, questions on inter personal skills, client interaction, Accounting and auditing standars questions

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a total of 6 interviews returning to EY on 6 different days. This took nearly one year with each interviewer promising a start date of next month and then calling back to say they are a little behind schedule and the start date will be moved up a couple of months. I received an offer a year later, but by then, I had another promising job offer which I took instead. The interview process was difficult and took too long.

Interview Questions

• How many proposals have you completed in a 6-month period and were they all submitted on time and compliant?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

long but thorough interview process, the interviewers are very nice and professional. They help me understand a lot about the company and the job I am applying for. One of the most pleasant interviews i have ever had

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

There are three round total. The first two are phone interviews, the last one is on site. Unlike other consultant interview process, there is no case interview. Before the last round, need to finish an online writing assessment (30 minute).

Interview Questions

• What is derivatives?
      Your biggest strength?
      Derive BS model
      Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

First I had a phone interview from Chicago a Senior Manager .Was able to impress him .Main questions were related to Front/Middle/Back office.

I was called for 1:1 interview to New York office , Times square.Total 5 rounds.

1st round: Manager 1 :He was ex-Navy person. Question were simple and we went through Trade processing.

2nd Round: HR round .was normal related to package and willingness to travel.If you are not willing to travel more than 50-80% Don't expect the offer. That's one of the main point.I was ready to travel not more than 20%.

3rd round: Manager 2: Cleared the technical questions related to Asset Management and how do you work with Operation for Trade related issues ?
    Whats you passion was one of the most important question ?Come up with a correct answers which suits you.

4th Round: Manager 3: Data models and use cases related to the project we worked on ?
    Reference Data question .How do integrate security, positions,analytic's ..e.t.c.,
    Water fall and Agile models pros and cons.

5th round: Senior Manger.(Senior Manger was an technical architect.The questions were difficult related to windows IIS installation / Product installations on Unix server )
    One of main point here too was don't join if you are not willing to travel.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with different teams across different regions ?
      How do you mange conflicts between team members ?
      Whats your passion ? ( I think I screwed the answer here .Gave a normal answer rather than my interests ).
      2 Answers

Transfer Pricing-modeling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Three steps: Phone interview, financial statement case and on-site including a writing test. The phone interview is quiet normal, tell me about yourself and some easy behavioral questions. On-site interview is not easy, including four interviews with three manager and one president. Be prepared to answer every question on your resume and also be prepared to answer some very tricky questions. Final interview actually is a case study about valuing the company, but they interviewer asked in a very obscure way so I even didn't realize what he want me to do.

Interview Questions

• Use three sentences to introduce excel to a little boy.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

4 hours of GMAT questions. I was prepared for this but I thought it was a bit too much for an Internship that is very low paid. I dont know if anyone bothered to check my answers, but they let me know that I passed. After that the HR contacted me and asked to wait until some Partner is in town. Since I already had a job, I didnt bother her anymore, nor she ever got back at me. Very unprofessional.

TAP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruit, first round is on campus, behavioral & technical 8:2. Second round is on site, 2 behavioral 1 case interview. The case one is really easy, but I definitely screwed up one of the behavioral because she asked many technical questions and I'm not from a technical background like computer science.

Interview Questions

• How did you do your forecast? What method & model did you use?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they took two weeks to get back me. First, I talked with HR person who scheduled phone interview with manager the same week. The following week I was invited for onsite interview in NYC headquarters, to have multiple 1:1 interviews with manager director and senior managers.

The HR and hiring team was very respectful and friendly.

I did not get the offer but even if I had got I had doubts I would like to work in consulting environment. Nevertheless, the overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Quantitative questions related to my professional experience and specific examples. Certainly, they were few behavioral questions as well.   Answer Question