EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

673 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Document Review Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EY (Secaucus, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy interview process, very personable, group interview. Went over what types of projects they take on, what types of reviews they do, how the team works and then they asked what experience everyone had and what law school everyone went to.

Interview Questions

• They asked about past experience and computer work   1 Answer

Negotiation

Its a contract position therefore it was not up for negotiations

Assurance Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

"pre-night" followed by 30 minutes on-campus interview, all behavioral. Next round is 2x 30-min behavrioral interview in times square office, followed by a lunch/dinner. You will get a greeter, who is usually a Staff 1 or 2. He/she will take you to various interview offices.

RM Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Conversational, recruiter easy to contact. Overall a smooth process but recruitment can drag out a lot at EY. Had 3 interviews in total, recruiter kept me informed at each stage. When they like you they make an offer quickly.

FIDS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus event. Professionals sent to recruitment events and interviews were really nice. Horrible experience with recruiters though. Campus recruiter seemed disinterested and barely looked eye-to-eye and many students noticed that. FIDS recruiter sent out very late notifications about second round interviews (2 business days) in the middle of midterm week. Worst, heard nothing for 3-4 weeks when they said they'll get back in two. Very unprofessional. Had to follow up with a manager.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Really easy, basically they just psychoanalyzed me from head to toe and used a robot to figure out if I wanted the job or not. Very simple. I'm also posting this to view the salaries because Glassdoor wants me to write something in order to view the information on the website. No clue why this is but here I a writing filler just to access the website.

BAP - Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really chill, as are all Big Four interviews. You never know how well you did until they notify you. The interviewer was a manager and asked me some questions about my resume and we just went off from there. We ended up talking about hobbies, travel, and theatre. It really was just a casual conversation. Just smile a lot.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was an on campus 30 minute interview. There were no technical questions, all behavioral. Very relaxed, more like a conversation than an interview. After that went into office for another 30 minute interview including a case study.

Complex Securities Valuation Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

My first interview was actually with EY's Business Modeling and Valuation group. During that interview, I was told about Complex Securities Valuation and that they might be interested in my quantitative background (finance, applied mathematics). From here, I had a technical interview over the phone. This went well and I was flown to NYC for the final set of interviews. The night before the interviews they had a dinner in Manhattan which was very nice and allowed me to meet some of the team. The next day I had about 2 and a half to 3 hours of interviews at once. It was 5 interviews in a row, 2 with managers and 3 with the partners that run this area of the business. All of the interviewers were extremely nice people who genuinely wanted to know me as a person, told me about themselves some, and asked about my past schoolwork and non schoolwork, such as hobbies. After the interviews, I felt very happy with the whole experience whether I received the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself. (What you've done in college, outside of college, etc.)   Answer Question

Staff I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

1 round of OCR that was personality/fit based, then a superday in the office, where I spoke with 3 partners. One of the interviews was a consulting case, and the other 2 were personality based. Then a lunch with two advisory Staff II's and other interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in consulting?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very organized interview process. Questions were moderate and professional. Great information about the firm was shared. I spoke to leaders and learned more about what I was getting into. Multiple phone conversations and 1 in person meeting.