EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.8

RM Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Conversational, recruiter easy to contact. Overall a smooth process but recruitment can drag out a lot at EY. Had 3 interviews in total, recruiter kept me informed at each stage. When they like you they make an offer quickly.

FIDS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus event. Professionals sent to recruitment events and interviews were really nice. Horrible experience with recruiters though. Campus recruiter seemed disinterested and barely looked eye-to-eye and many students noticed that. FIDS recruiter sent out very late notifications about second round interviews (2 business days) in the middle of midterm week. Worst, heard nothing for 3-4 weeks when they said they'll get back in two. Very unprofessional. Had to follow up with a manager.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Really easy, basically they just psychoanalyzed me from head to toe and used a robot to figure out if I wanted the job or not. Very simple. I'm also posting this to view the salaries because Glassdoor wants me to write something in order to view the information on the website. No clue why this is but here I a writing filler just to access the website.

BAP - Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really chill, as are all Big Four interviews. You never know how well you did until they notify you. The interviewer was a manager and asked me some questions about my resume and we just went off from there. We ended up talking about hobbies, travel, and theatre. It really was just a casual conversation. Just smile a lot.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was an on campus 30 minute interview. There were no technical questions, all behavioral. Very relaxed, more like a conversation than an interview. After that went into office for another 30 minute interview including a case study.

Complex Securities Valuation Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

My first interview was actually with EY's Business Modeling and Valuation group. During that interview, I was told about Complex Securities Valuation and that they might be interested in my quantitative background (finance, applied mathematics). From here, I had a technical interview over the phone. This went well and I was flown to NYC for the final set of interviews. The night before the interviews they had a dinner in Manhattan which was very nice and allowed me to meet some of the team. The next day I had about 2 and a half to 3 hours of interviews at once. It was 5 interviews in a row, 2 with managers and 3 with the partners that run this area of the business. All of the interviewers were extremely nice people who genuinely wanted to know me as a person, told me about themselves some, and asked about my past schoolwork and non schoolwork, such as hobbies. After the interviews, I felt very happy with the whole experience whether I received the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself. (What you've done in college, outside of college, etc.)   Answer Question

Staff I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

1 round of OCR that was personality/fit based, then a superday in the office, where I spoke with 3 partners. One of the interviews was a consulting case, and the other 2 were personality based. Then a lunch with two advisory Staff II's and other interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in consulting?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

The one on one interview itself was everything I had been told to expect. It consisted of a lot of questions of my personality and experiences I had in the past. Most of them focused on group work and wanted to see how well I worked with others. The interviewer also described the job role thoroughly and wanted to make sure I had fully understood what position they were interviewing me for.

Overall it was a great interview and really what I had expected - personality and group experiences. Unfortunately I was not lucky enough to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a hard decision in a group environment.   1 Answer

Financial Services Office - IT Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

The day began with a presentation and hour long discussion by one of the managing partners. After that, each candidate was matched up with a buddy to take them through the office / interviews for the day. The interviews weren't too bad, there was just a lot of stuff to do. 2 behavioral, 1 case + 1 essay.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important for an individual to be able to build meaningful relationships?   Answer Question

Found out 3 minutes before other deadline

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

I already new the Partner involved, so contacted him directly. From there I had one phone interview with HR and then within a couple of weeks they flew me to NYC for the interview. It was all very casual, and non-technical. Really all about my intr personal/ consulting abilities, and where I see myself going.
    I had lunch with the partner - discussions around potential opportunities and growth. Altogther had 4 interviews of 45 minutes each. Got the offer within 3 weeks of the interview - all very professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe experiences with tough clients and how you handled the situation   Answer Question