EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

2.9

Advisory Consultant Prorgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (Iselin, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through my school and had the on-campus interview. Then I got rejected from the headquarters, but was offered another opportunity at the Iselin office in New Jersey. I had went through 3 different senior advisory managers with 1 case interview. The case interview is where they will give you a case and you would have to read through for 15 minutes and write down your findings of the issues that were presented in the case and how you would go about solving those issues with the interviewer. Also if selected for the interview, you would also have to complete a written assessment online as well. It took about a week to receive a reply of a decision.

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you tell me about a time you had to motivate others?   Answer Question

Business Advisor Program - Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview and mine was scheduled at 8:00 am. I did some research online and most of the questions I prepared is behavioral. However, the interviewer is not an HR. I forgot her job title but she has a technical position so she asked me many technical questions and I did not do that well on some of them.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed for the IT consulting internship. I had an on-campus interview and then an onsite. The onsite had three interviews: two behavioral and a case interview. The case interview was relaxed, as the interviewer spoke just as much if not more than me. Everyone was very friendly and I got to spend a lot of time with the associate who brought me from interview to interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior questions regarding leadership experience   Answer Question

Manager IT Transformation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New Brunswick, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one super day interview with 5 people.
    Overall good and interesting experience.
    Had to travel to NJ to meet with decision makers. Very professional and organized.
    Phone interviews were pretty easy.
    On site interview covered your work history, skill set and some creating problem solving.

Interview Questions

• If you need to build new data center now, how would you do that.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a resume screening, a phone call after and finally commenced with in person interviews. It took about 1-2 months for the whole process to play out. The team of recruiters was extremely courteous and professional in their dealings towards us.

Emerging Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. I met a manager first and then an audit partner. It was very pleasant, especially with the manager and I thought I got in. However, I was notified that I was not accepted after two weeks or so. Overall, positive interview experience.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process is very slow, and you need to have loads of patience till you get to the final round. Usually, onsite interview will be the last round for most of the companies.
    However, in my case, after clearing the onsite interview(5 rounds) at NYC office, EY has scheduled one more round with some senior manager(if I remember his name correctly, it was Ash Kaduskar).
    And, this interview was a typical stress interview which is like your answer should exactly match the one in his mind else you are unfit for the role. One of the question I was asked is "Why do you think US population is more than India?"
    Anyway, I am glad that I didn't through the "final"round.
    I must say overall experience is very bad!

Interview Questions

• "Why do you think US population is more than India?"   3 Answers

Resource Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

After an initial phone screening, which briefly went through my qualifications and education, I was invited to interview in-person. The interview consisted of meeting three individuals. The interviewers really put me at ease - I was nervous at first given the sheer size of EY as a company, but they each took the time to really get to know me. The interviews never felt rushed despite the small window of time to speak with each person, and questions were welcomed at the end of each conversation. I also appreciated that the total time spent there didn't drag out, as many other employers will keep you for 3+ hours when interviewing with several people.

The only downfall to the process came after the first round of interviews. As the second round interview was being scheduled, it suddenly stalled and eventually I received news that the position was filled. It took a few weeks for the entire process to conclude.

Overall, I had such a positive experience meeting with the EY team. Other companies should really take notes from EY how to make candidates feel welcomed.

Interview Questions

• Review a time with me when you experienced a challenge with a manager, and how did you approach it?   Answer Question

QAS Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied this position from university information session. First round interview was on campus. All about technical questions related to economics and statistics(personally think is it because of the interviewer's personal background). Second round was on-site. Spent whole day with stuffs in EY. Four 1:1 interviews based on your resume. Mixture of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• what is the process of analyzing time series data?   1 Answer

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EY (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed as an MBA associate for a summer position. The process was overall straightforward; first round, case and behavioral interviews, second and final round was a full-day immersive experience at EY HQ. Behavioral, 1 M&A case, 1 general accounting case, 1 group case. The group case was challenging since one of our group members had a very dominant personality; the behavioral interviewer kept asking me to guess the questions he would ask, which seemed odd. Otherwise, a straightforward process.

Interview Questions

• What are the top three questions do you think you should ask me>   2 Answers